SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread

Re:

KingJimmy said

Quote:
Indeed, ecumenism is not the solution. The one thing I want to place emphasis on here is the fact that the unity that is to be brought about, and the maturity that is to be brought about, must be the doing of the Lord. It is His work that He will do. The ecumenical movement is nothing more than an Ishamel-- attempting to help fulfill the promise of God by helping God out. Unless this unity and maturity happen through the work of the Spirit, then peace cannot ever happen.

Beautifully put. I wasn't trying to bring all religions under the banner of "Religion Mart" - but I think you know this.

I do believe in "one holy, catholic, apostolic church"... only we're spread out across the earth, one in this denomination, four in that one, like a multitude of stars in the vast blackness of space, we're seperated by miles of secular and religious infidels.

2007/5/5 13:25
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Corey_H wrote:

I do believe in "one holy, catholic, apostolic church"... only we're spread out across the earth, one in this denomination, four in that one, like a multitude of stars in the vast blackness of space, we're seperated by miles of secular and religious infidels.

Yes, the true people of God are scattered among the denominations. The denominations are not the places where God's people are gathered; they are the places where they are scattered.

And our hope (it's a living hope) is that God is now preparing to gather us from "all places where (we) have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day" (Ezek. 34.12).

I don't mean He will gather us out of all that denominational confusion into one big massive new denomination, but into one Holy Temple, one Body with one Head.

How? What will it look like? I just bow my head before that, and ask for the grace to hear His Voice and walk in my own pathway of obedience. This is God's work.

And it's my conviction we are close to seeing this come into being. Otherwise, why do you see so many Christians around these days with their staff in their hand and their sandals on their feet?

AD

2007/5/8 15:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy