SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Denominations In Heaven!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:

I'm not trying to push anything, but I thought I would just post this scripture that came to mind.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

In contrast ...

[color=000099]
Mat 10:32 Whosoever, therefore shall confess, me before men, him will I confess also, before my Father which is in heaven.
[/color]

I think the men mentioned by Wurmbrand have met Christ's condition in this verse.

PassingThru

2007/5/2 12:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
No one really know where the heart of each Catholic really stands with the Lord, or how effective the RCC doctrine has been in polluting the heart of each individual.

I agree with this statement. Our job is not to judge peoples hearts or standing with the Lord.

But someone who calls themselves a Catholic, and holds to and practices the Catholic faith... trusting in these practices to save them... can not be saved. And if they have put their faith in Christ alone, then they can not be true Catholics.

Krispy

2007/5/2 13:01

Re:

Quote:
Mat 10:32 Whosoever, therefore shall confess, me before men, him will I confess also, before my Father which is in heaven.

In the context of this verse... how would you respond to a JW or Mormon who confesses Jesus before men? (as they do every day)

My question would be... which Jesus are they confessing?

See, you have to take every verse in context of scripture as whole. Scripture interprets scripture. If you take this verse alone, out of context, then anyone who says "I believe in Jesus!" is saved... and you know as well as I do... it ain't so.

Krispy

2007/5/2 13:03

Re:

enid said

Quote:
As it is there are too few with backbone like yourself.

They are so compromising, man pleasing and spineless...oops, should I say that? Not nice is it?

Well, considering Christ is our heavenly defense eagerly pleading with the Father for our cause... and Satan is our diabolical persecutor who searches out the world for every fault...

...who's are you to level an accusation? Who's child does that make you?

2007/5/2 13:17

Re:

KrispyKrittr said

Quote:
I agree with this statement. Our job is not to judge peoples hearts or standing with the Lord.

But someone who calls themselves a Catholic, and holds to and practices the Catholic faith... trusting in these practices to save them... can not be saved. And if they have put their faith in Christ alone, then they can not be true Catholics.

Are you forgetting the poor old woman who threw her last two pennies into the Treasury of the "apostate" Temple?

As corrupt as the institution is, the Word of God will not return void. I imagine that goes for (gasp!) catholics, too.

2007/5/2 13:49

Re:

KrispyKrittr said

Quote:

Are you forgetting the poor old woman who threw her last two pennies into the Treasury of the "apostate" Temple?

As corrupt as the institution is, the Word of God will not return void. I imagine that goes for (gasp!) catholics, too.

Btw, doesn't "catholic" just mean "universal"?

2007/5/2 13:50

Re:

No Corey, there is no comparison to the widow in the parable.

The temple was not apostate... the leadership was.

They were not teaching false doctrine in the temple. What they were teaching was truth, but there hearts were far from God.

Apples to oranges.

Anyone who is truly saved according to scripture will leave the Catholic Church in time. God has never called anyone to stay within a false religion. Scripture commands that we [b]seperate[/b] from such. We are to mark and [b]avoid[/b] them.

My personal opinion is it doesnt matter what church you go to... when they veer off course you should make an attempt to show them their error, but if they refuse... you [b]leave[/b]. You dont hang around hoping to "make a difference". What will happen is they "make a difference" on you.

God calls us to seperate from that [i]for our own protection[/i]... and we better heed His Word.

It may take time for someone to leave due to ignorance of scripture, but if they are growing as believers it wont take long for them to see that they need to come out.

Doesnt matter if they are JW's, Mormons or Catholics who get saved, they are commanded to come out. You would think it impossible for a Muslim to get saved, and then continue to practice Islam... why would you think it ok for someone who gets saved thats part of any other false religion... like Catholocism?

Makes no sense...

Krispy

2007/5/2 14:01
BenBrockway

Re:

Excellent point Krispy

2007/5/2 14:04Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Double post..

2007/5/2 14:46Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
In contrast ...

I think the men mentioned by Wurmbrand have met Christ's condition in this verse.

PassingThru

What I meant by posting that verse is just because someone was killed and professed to be a Christians doesn't, in itself, mean they were a Christian. Those men that died could have been, or they could have not been. That's all I was saying.

Just professing to be a Christian and being killed for that profession doesn't automatically mean you are a (real) Christian.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

1Cr 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed [the poor], and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

2007/5/2 14:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy