SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is redemption meant to be all about?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What is redemption meant to be all about?

What is redemption meant to be all about? Is it just so that when we die we go to Heaven and live happily ever after or has God something else, more profound, more exciting, more intimate perhaps, in store for those who come under the Blood of Jesus?

Thinking of redemption as the core issue of the gospel has lead us into all these back and forth theological discussions that acheive nothing in the scheme of establishing the Church of Jesus Christ. Arguing over determinism, previent grace or whatever else head Christians like to argue over is silly in the economy of God. Anyone who cannot see that this issue has done more to divide rather than unite His Body, needs eye[head] salve. The only other subject that might equal it as a distraction is the subject of the tribulation. Will it be before, during, or after that the Church is raptured? I say, if you are a watching and waiting Christian, why should it matter to you?

Ok, If we can agree that the Church of Jesus Christ is comprised of redeemed souls, what is the "quality" of the redeemed soul God is after, if indeed He is, and why would He be looking for a certain quality? Perhaps another way of asking would be, what are we saved for, what is God's intention for His children? Now, please don't respond with the overly used and shallow words, "For His good pleasure". That will only indicate that you really don't know and are part of the "white knuckle club". Instead, How about some good thoughtout responses, leaving agenda[s] aside? Can you hear me all you "Hyper Anythings" out there? No commentaries allowed as scripture and that goes for Bibles with them in it. I full well understand that most opinions are based upon commentaries however, try to adhere to the Bible alone and your understanding of it which we all, no doubt, will struggle with. My preference is the KJV for any discussion as this with difficult to understand passages helped along by other cited translations. That can be tough because most other translations are biased/slanted. However, sufficient will be the input given by them that may give the KJV clarity. [a kick start]
It is with the Bible that I pray any correction/adjustment will come and not from some agenda ridden commentary written in or of it. If you want to quote commentary, no problem, just don't claim it as your own thinking or as scripture. It is always obvious when someone does that because having no knowledge of their own, that is all they will recite..I am hoping for more honesty here.

It will seem a little radical in the minds of some,to be sure. However, may honesty prevail and tempers be long. So, any takers?

Good hunting to all,

Orm

2007/4/26 7:30

Re: What is redemption meant to be all about?

No takers. Isn't that interesting

2007/4/26 12:52
whyme

Re: What is redemption all about

Start with Eph 1:4-23. His pleasure, the glory of His grace, the praise of His glory. :-)

2007/4/26 13:20Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: What is redemption meant to be all about?

Scripture only...

--------------------------------------------------
SAVED FROM SHAME:

Psalms 4:2 (NIV)
How long, O men, will you turn my glory into shame? How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? Selah

Genesis 2:25 & 3:7a (NIV)
(BEFORE FALL) The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. (AFTER FALL) Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked;

Romans 3:23 - Show Context
for all have sinned and fall short of the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] of God,

Matt 1:21(NIV)
"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

1 Peter 1:24-25(NIV)
24 For, "All men are like grass, and all their [color=0000FF]glory[/color] is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, 25 but the word of the Lord stands forever."

SAVED FOR GLORY:

John 17:3 (NIV)
"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

John 17:20-24 (NIV)
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.24 Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my [color=0000FF]glory[/color], the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

Romans 5:2 (NIV)
through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] of God.

Romans 8:17-18(NIV)
Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his [color=0000FF]glory[/color].I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] that will be revealed in us.

Romans 9:23(NIV)
"What if he did this to make the riches of his [color=0000FF]glory[/color] known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for [color=0000FF]glory[/color]--"

1 Corinthians 2:7(NIV)
No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our [color=0000FF]glory[/color] before time began.

2 Corinthians 3:18(NIV)
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's [color=0000FF]glory[/color], are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing [color=0000FF]glory[/color], which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Colossians 1:27(NIV)
To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of [color=0000FF]glory[/color].

Colossians 3:4(NIV)
When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in [color=0000FF]glory[/color].

2 Thessalonians 2:14(NIV)
He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:10-12(NIV)
10 Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal [color=0000FF]glory[/color]. 11 Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; 12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

Hebrews 2:10(NIV)
In bringing many sons to [color=0000FF]glory[/color], it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

1 Peter 5:4(NIV)
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of [color=0000FF]glory[/color] that will never fade away.

Revelation 21:23(NIV)
The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the [color=0000FF]glory[/color] of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Blake

2007/4/26 13:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

whyme wrote:
Start with Eph 1:4-23. His pleasure, the glory of His grace, the praise of His glory. :-)

Been there. Back up to verse 1 and ask yourself who they are that Paul makes the distinction between saints and those [u]in[/u] Christ. I speak of imtimacy that is to be seen in his words. [i]cf[/i] 1 John 1.12-14

Thanks for your reply, whyme...c'mon bac

2007/4/26 13:37
whyme

Re:

I'm not sure why you're not satisfied with my scriptural answer of why redemption. If you simply want to know what God has planned for us in Glory, no eye has seen and no ear hath heard what God has prepared for the saints. However, Isaiah witnessed the angels singing praises and glorifying God and John in Revelation saw the saints joining in. I'm not sure what else you were aiming at. If you were merely looking for feedback on the type of Christian we are supposed to end up being, I think Christlike is the best answer to that. Maybe I'm confused.

2007/4/26 13:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

whyme wrote:
I'm not sure why you're not satisfied with my scriptural answer of why redemption. If you simply want to know what God has planned for us in Glory, no eye has seen and no ear hath heard what God has prepared for the saints. However, Isaiah witnessed the angels singing praises and glorifying God and John in Revelation saw the saints joining in. I'm not sure what else you were aiming at. If you were merely looking for feedback on the type of Christian we are supposed to end up being, I think Christlike is the best answer to that. Maybe I'm confused.

If I said God wants you and me be as Jesus was while on Earth would that sound radical to you?

2007/4/26 14:10

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy