SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Opinions on my tract?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theopenlife

Opinions on my tract?

I would love your thoughts/advice on my new tract (before I go printing 2500 of them!) You can see what it looks like and read it at:

http://theopenlife.blogspot.com/

[img align=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/170/472983355_020c468de0_o.gif[/img]
[img align=left]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/187/472968496_75a29de2af_o.gif[/img]

Or you can read the plain text here:
PS: If you like it, I can give you the files.
---------------- Side A

Something YOU should know before you die!
(it could be tomorrow!)

It’s not the winning lottery number or the secret to ageless beauty. Wealth and looks can’t solve mankind's biggest question: why do we have a conscience that tells us right from wrong? All over the world people know that lying, murder, and stealing are wrong. Parents can teach the opposite but children still know what is good and bad. Even criminals who say its okay to steal don't allow others to steal from them. They know right from wrong too, even if they justify their evil actions.

God made your conscience to "bear witness" of sin, to warn about what He disapproves of so that you can please Him with all your thoughts and actions. The bible says that after death “every one of us shall give account of himself to God.” [Rom 14:12] God will judge you by His commandments to not lie, lust, and hate. He will also see if you obeyed His GREATEST COMMANDMENT, to “love God with all of your heart, mind, soul, and strength.” [Matt 23] Of course you have failed because “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” [Rom 3:23]

Please know that God "has appointed a day when He shall judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He has chosen." [Acts 17:31] The Man spoken of in this verse is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who lived sinlessly on the earth. At the judgment all men will be compared to Him and anyone found less righteous than Jesus will be damned to hell forever, because “they which commit such things are worthy of death.” [Rom 1:32] and “The wages of sin is death.” [Rom 6:23]

--------------- Side B

This is fair. God is so pure and just that it is unthinkable for Him to “accept” sinners who hate obeying Him. In fact, “God is angry with the wicked every day.” [Psm 7] All men have rebelled against their conscience, so “the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and sinfulness of men.” [Rom 7]

But there is a way to be saved! God says, “I desire that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die?” [Ezkl 33] “God has overlooked the times of ignorance; but now commands all men every where to repent.” [Acts 17] “Without faith it is impossible to please Him: for whosoever comes to God must believe that He exists, and that He is a rewarder of them that earnestly seek Him.” [Heb 11:6] “Whoever believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that does not believe the Son shall not see life; but the WRATH of God abides on him.” [John 3:36]

God the Son came in the form of a man, Jesus (the name means “God saves”). He lived perfectly and gave His life as a sacrifice for sins. He was beaten and hung on a painful cross. He was even cut off from the presence of God the Father to bear the penalty that sinners deserve. “Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many.” [Heb 9] Three days later He rose from the dead to prove His victory over death. If you will repent and turn from your sins, and put your faith in the righteousness of Christ Jesus who alone can save, then He will “never leave you nor forsake you.” His Holy Spirit will come into your heart and give you power to overcome all sins and walk in love towards God and man. “Being justified by faith, we now have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” [Rom 5] “Him that comes to Me I will in no way cast out.” [John 6] Ask Jesus to be your savior. Read your bible. Pray always. Spend time with godly people. Flee sin.
www.theopenlife.com/jesus

2007/4/25 20:42Profile
BENOTLEH

Newnan Georgia

Re: Opinions on my tract?

My wife and i have recently been making and printing tracts and i think yours is very good, it is very exact and to the point, which is exactly the way the gospel is supposed to be presented. I pray that the Lord will bless you for your efforts and use your tract to convict the lost. I think 2500 is good number to start with!

2007/4/25 20:55Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks! 2500 on dual-gloss is $79.00 at Americasprinter.com, so that's .035 cents per tract... it's not very costly, but if you know of an even cheaper place let me know!

2007/4/25 21:02Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I thought the tract was solid. The most important thing about tracts is keeping the reader's interest. You want them to read on, and on, and on - even after they realize it's Christian tract (solicited religious propaganda, in their eyes). This is so very important to keep in mind. This can also be challenging as even though your theology and scripture references are right-on, the reader can still lose interest and become diverted.

But this tract seems solid and readable. Straightforward, as another reader rightfully said. I think it will do well! Is there a cover illustration to grab the reader, or do you just start off with text?

Brother Paul

2007/4/25 21:27Profile
theopenlife

Re:

My cover illustration is my face when I give it to them, and it says "serious," and it is subtitled with the words that come out of my mouth, "I wrote this myself." People often accept something that is orginal.

I only wish there was a bit more space to make clear that we repent mostly for God's sake, but He will work that out.

Thanks Paul.
Mike:.

2007/4/25 21:36Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

I see you're from Appleton, Wisconsin. Did you attend the revival?

2007/4/25 21:42Profile
Compton

Re:

Nice track.

Awesome photographs too!

MC

2007/4/25 22:10Profile
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks, Compton!

Paul, revival? If one happened, I didn't see it. I moved here in July of last year so I'm relatively new. As for being here when the revival hits, I hope to be. Right now I can say I've never seen a resident witnessing, aside from a few I know, but there must be more.

I am interested to know to what you are referring?

2007/4/26 0:00Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I am interested to know to what you are referring?

A few years ago there was a church in Appleton, Wisconsin that apparently went through revival. One of the members had been to Brownsville AG, and came back with a spark that set a fire. I think it was around 2000 or 2001. They made a documentary about it. I'll see if I can find a link.

Have a great day!

Brother Paul

2007/4/26 10:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy