SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : looking for a good KJV bible

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Runoff

looking for a good KJV bible

I knew there was a topic like this awhile back, but I tried to use the search function and could not find the topic. If anyone can find it could you direct me to it? :-)

I am on the search for a good KJV bible that can last me for the years and was wondering if anyone could lead me to some good ones. I appreciate the help! Thank You! :-)

2007/4/22 21:31Profile
SeanHobson

Cleveland, OH

Re: looking for a good KJV bible

If you go to a hotel that's been around for a long time, check the dressor chore and see if they have a Hardbound Gideon KJV. See if you can get it cheap from the owner.

I was given one almost 2 years ago and its still in great shape. The pages are almost untearable and theres no misleading page titles. Only drawback is there are no refrences and little space for notes/writing.

Btw, anyone know of a TYNDALE(Modern spelling)/KJV interliner bible?

2007/4/22 21:42Profile
theopenlife

Re:

I had an NKJV that got left out in the rain. By that time I had become "KJV Highly Preferred". I saw the Cambridge Wide-Margin Concord and loved it but I couldn't afford it. I prayed, asked God to give it to me, and immediately went to my mailbox. Therein was an insurance check from a deceased relative for more than the cost of the bible.

I paid about $120, but others have gotten it for as little as $70. If that seems like a lot, think of it this way: what do you care more about, having a lasting, durable, excellent bible for 20 years or getting fries and a coke with your hamurgers this year?

My bible includes:

* Bible paper with very wide margins. (notes galore!)
* all black-letter text (red optional)
* Cambridge bold-figure cross-reference system
* pronunciation marks
* 1611 Preface ‘The Translators
to the Reader’
* glossary
* concordance (best I've had)
* 15 colour maps and gazetteer
* two ribbon markers (best I've seen)
* gilt or art-gilt edges
* 56 lined pages for notes (seriously, 56)

All of the lined note pages in the back are awesome... I copied all of the references for R.A. Torrey's "How to Witness to Anyone" into it. I use it a lot.

You can view it here:

http://www.cambridge.org/uk/bibles/kjv/conwide.htm

or here:

http://www.amazon.com/Concord-Margin-Black-Calfskin-Leather/dp/0521509181

Other Cambridge bibles are less expensive and just as durable. I love that the leather of mine bends without any resistance, and the pages are sew-bound.

2007/4/23 0:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

i asked a similar question in a thread, i first was looking for a study bible, i was going for the MacArthur study bible, Nasb or KJV, i hadn't decided but after some searching and some praying and asking some advice here and weighing the fores and the against....i decided for the KJV, now after some more prayer i decided i wasn't going for any study or commentary bible, but a good reference bible, and finally i bought the Cambridge Wide margin KJV bible, the same one our Brother/sister ? mentioned. And i must say I'm very happy about that decision, i never seen such a good bible, very nice quality and easy to read and good references! its is a little expensive, but i believe you get your moneys worth. The only negative is it is a little to big to carry around but i have a smaller travel size bible for that :-). But i would recommend this bible to anyone who is looking for one, i especially like the wide margins because i like taking notes when i do some word studies, and look in Thayer's and Strong's and so on, and i write in the margin. What more can i say? a wonderful bible, worth the money.

2007/4/23 7:23Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I don't know how to find the thread you are speaking of, however I believe the over-all opinion, mine included, is that the Thompson Chain Reference KJV bible is most excellent.

2007/4/23 7:37Profile

Re:

Here's what I do... I use mine up. I'm on my third KJV. I keep my old ones because of notes I make in them, but I kinda like starting with a "clean slate" every couple of years. I find my notes in my 2nd and 3rd KJV are different than what I noted in my 1st. Thats a testament to how God's Word never changes, but what He reveals to us in different stages of our walk with Him does as we grow.

I cant say I have ever worn one out (I think I havent been saved long enough to wear a Bible out)... I simply run out of room in which to make notations. Generally if you order a good leather bound bible from Cambridge or Oxford, they will last.

Krispy

2007/4/23 8:23
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Cambridge really does make the nicest KJV bibles (and their Pitt Minion bibles are great for NIV and NASB) if you order off of Amazon you can usually find someone selling the nicer ones for a very reasonable price.

I own three Cambridge KJV bibles. I have a Concord Reference in Goatskin (the nicest bible I own, I take it everywhere I go) a new Pitt Minion, and a vintage used Pitt Minion. All three are great.

Because of the sales on Amazon I got my Concord reference for LESS than my Pitt Minion even though if I were to buy them from Cambridge directly I'd pay twice as much for the Concord.

2007/4/23 9:55Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

maybe this is the thread you where looking fore?
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14397&forum=35]Best kjv bible?[/url]

2007/4/23 13:30Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

here is a nice link to a store, they have all kinds and sorts, and good info on them all, its good to "look around" before deciding :-)

[url=http://www.thekjvstore.com/]The KJV store[/url]

2007/4/23 14:53Profile
Koinonia2

USA

Re:

What sort of notes do all of you put in the margins of your Bibles? This is not a practice I have picked up in Bible reading, but I'm wondering how to approach it and whether it would focus my reading.

2007/4/24 15:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy