SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Catastrophy, Environment, and Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Catastrophy, Environment, and Scripture

I researched scripture on the environment in response to another thread and thought it deserved to go here.

Read it and weep.

"The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycamores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars." (ISAIAH 9:10)

And after the fall of the greedy...

"The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing. Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou are laid down, no feller is come up against us." (ISAIAH 14:7-8)

"The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left." (ISAIAH 24:5-6)

"The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed... and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again." (ISAIAH 24:20)

"Now therefore be ye not mockers, ... for I have heard from the Lord God of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth." (ISAIAH 28:22)

"The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.... And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke." (JOEL 2:10-30)

"How long shall the land mourn, and the herbs of every field wither, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein? the beasts are consumed, and the birds; because they said, He shall not see our last end." (JEREMIAH 12:4)

""...all the foundations of the earth are out of course." (PSALM 82:5)

"Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet...? And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them." (EZEKIEL 34:18-27)

"Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, Fall on us; and to the hills, Cover us. For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?" (LUKE 23:30-31)

"But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire." (II PETER 2:22)

"He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?" (MATTHEW 16:3-4)

"And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great: and shouldest destroy them that destroy the earth." (REVELATION 11:18)

2007/4/22 18:00
roadsign

Re: Catastrophy, Environment, and Scripture

"The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time." Rom. 12:19 -22

It seems like the Creation is often personified in scripture.

2007/4/22 19:21Profile
roadsign

Re: And yet...

The creation is also a picture of God's goodness to us. It is filled with important lessons for us. Ex:

26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat? Matt. 6:26-31

2007/4/22 19:26Profile

Cold Weather

Has anyone else in the world experincing cold weather? Were in the middle of May and it's still cold. We had a very clear day of sun today, yet the cold was evident.

2007/5/22 16:22

Re: Cold Weather

Quote:
Has anyone else in the world experincing cold weather? Were in the middle of May and it's still cold. We had a very clear day of sun today, yet the cold was evident.

Probably just global warming...

Krispy

2007/5/22 16:44

Re: Catastrophy, Environment, and Scripture

Hi Corey,

These are great verses. Thank you.

What do you make of

Daniel 9:26
... and the end thereof [i]shall be[/i] with a flood ...

It has made me go look up topical maps to see if the sea level could rise that far. But maybe I'm looking at the wrong 'sanctuary'.

2007/5/22 16:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy