SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Dullhearted Shepherds Jere 10:21

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Dullhearted Shepherds Jere 10:21

The greatest tragedy in this land today, I believe, is that pulpits are filled with men who are speaking their own words and do not have a word from the Lord. bringing death to individual lives, and congregations.

Jeremiah 10:21
For the shepherds have become dullhearted
And have not Sought the Lord
Therefore they shall not prosper,
And all their flocks shall be scattered.

Dictionary: Dullhearted
boring
lifeless
flat
tiring
uninspiring
ho-hum murky
unsharpened

Dictionary: Sought

Seek, attempt to desire
or obtain reach

Dullhearted
Speaking with an Unsharpened word
Where is the Word, with a sharp sword of the Lord ?

Isaiah 49:2
He has made my mouth like a sharp sword.

Do we hear preaching today from the pulits that speaks.
Error, impure purpose, impure motive, fraud, deceit, delusions,
words that itching hears want to hear, men pleasures,flattery, greedy, pretexts for gain. Wanting honor and glory from men.
You bet we do. ( 1 Thess 2:2-6 )

Where is the message from God ?

( 1Thess 2:13 ) When you received the message of God
which you heard from us, you welcomed it
not as the word of mere men,
but as it truly is, the Word of God,
which is effectually at work in you who believe.

1 Cor 2:4
My Speech and my preaching
were not with persuasive words of human wisdom,
but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power.
v-7 We speak the widsom of God
in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained
before the ages for our glory.
v-13 We also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches
but which the Holy Spirit teaches

As never before, we need God's sevants who are willing to risk their lives to preach the uncompromising Word of God,
calling people once again to total separation and purity in their lives.

Where is the demonstration of the Spirit and of power preaching.
Where is the deep things of God Revealed through His Spirit.
Where is the Holy Spirit Teaching?

Where can we find Shepherds like this that we can put ourselves under their ministries.

Soulwon

2007/4/21 15:26
rrachel

NWA

Re: Dullhearted Shepherds Jere 10:21

Soulwon,

I agree with you. I believe also that some are preaching God's love without reason. I have rarely heard any preacher say this is why the Son of the living God has died for you. Your sin separates you from God, but there is hope thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. He has paid our fine. Repent of your sins and realize that you do not receive Jesus as a way to have an easier life but to be saved from eternal damnation. Praise God in all His love for us despite our sins. Thanks be to our Lord Jesus for suffering in our place.
You can clearly tell that some have lost their zeal to try to reach the lost. I also believe that it is up to us, not only the pastors, to share the gospel with those around us. If we are true Christians we will want to shout the name of our Savior from the highest mountain, as we must show how and why He has saved us. For this is most important as many still do not understand the sacrifice. I understand your concern for the lack zeal in the churches around the world, as I feel the same way.

2007/4/21 15:52Profile

Re:

I like what you said. Thank You.
You have a Evangelistic heart.

Yes, Salvation now seem like a free ticket to health, wealth and prosperity. We end up missing the intimacy and joy we have knowing him and falling in love with Jesus.
There is No other Name under heaven by which men can be saved.

Soulwon

2007/4/21 16:15
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Dullhearted Shepherds Jere 10:21

Soulwon,

I appreciate the burden God is building into your heart. I carry it, too. It is the burden of the Lord. You ask, Where are the true-hearted shepherds, where is the sword of the Spirit, where is the demonstration of the Spirit and Power... It can all be summed up, WHERE IS THE LORD?

"The priests said not, Where is the LORD? And they that handle the law knew me not" (Jer. 2.8).

There is a lot out there in "Churchianity" that can be criticised these days, and there are lots of critics. That's the easy thing to do.

But to truly carry the burden of the Lord about it all... and become broken about it all, truly BROKEN, and become part of His ANSWER... this is going to take great, great grace; the Lord is going to have to do a deep, deep work in our own lives. And He IS doing it, in those who are seeking to be utterly abandoned to Him.

He always prepares vessels who have been themselves tried in the fire before He deals with the problems "out there."

So where is that sword, that sharp two-edged sword of the Spirit? It's hidden in the "shadow of His hand" right now, hidden, unseen, in the shade of His HAND: His dealings, His discipline, His chastenings. He is very focused, very interested, very intent, vrey committed, very jealous over this His own work!

May we share the same heart and seek to be totally surrendered to Him that He might have the Desire of His heart in our lives! Just as the priests of old: their part was to simply "present" themselves to Moses, and he did the rest of the work of preparing them. Prepare us, Lord, make us ready for Your Hour! Fail not in OUR lives, Lord, to have the FULL desire of Your heart for Your own Name's sake!

"Listen O isles, unto me; and hearken, ye people, from far: the LORD hath called me from the womb; from the bowels of my mother hath he made mentions of my name. And he hath made my mouth like a sharp sword; in the shadow of his hand hath he hid me, and made me as a polished shaft; in his quiver hath he hid me, and said unto me, Thou art my servant O Israel, IN WHOM I WILL BE GLORIFIED" (Isa. 49.1-3).

AD

2007/4/21 17:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy