SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Question on Predestination

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Oopps, I am so, totaly sorry! I will edit right now.
Please forgive me.

2007/5/14 19:00Profile

Re: A Question on Predestination

In Star Trek: The Next Generation, this used to be called a "Temporal Anomaly"...

Seriously though...

HomeFree89 asked

Quote:
If God predestined some to be saved and go to Heaven, wouldn't that basically mean He sent some to Hell when they never had a chance? Why would God predestine some to Hell?

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, AND THEY SHALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. I am that bread of life... It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not... Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. (JOHN 6:44-65)

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers"... And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also must I bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." (JOHN 10:1-16)

2007/5/14 19:48
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Quote:

That sounds to me like you make the choice and it doesn't seem that you don't have any chance to get to heaven.

The way Calvinism teaches predestination really doesn't seem to be in the Bible.

Jordan

P.S.

Logic, no problem man, just wanted to correct the mistake. ;-)

2007/5/14 20:47Profile
PassingThru

Re:

Quote:
God has purposely chosen a great majority of His creation to be fit vessels for destruction.

Vessels of destruction are would-have-been vessels of honour that refuse to be molded to their original design :-

[color=000099]
Jer 18:4 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: [b]so he made it [u]again[/u] another vessel[/b], as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Jer 18:7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
Jer 18:8 [b]If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.[/b]
[/color]

God clearly states here that he responds to man's decisions, and changes his destiny accordingly.

PassingThru

2007/5/14 22:25Profile
ex-atheist

Bozeman, MT

Re: A Question on Predestination

Hey Jordan,
The key is in Romans 8:29. Once you understand this you will understand the answer to your question.
It is actually very simple, you'll see.
Romans 8:29
"For whom he (God) did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son"
First, lets define some Bible concepts in this verse:
what does it mean "God did foreknow" someone?
when the Bible uses the word God "knows" someone it means God is friends with them. (Matthew 7:21-23, notice it says "I never knew you")
So when it says "foreknow" its like God saying, "Jordan I knew that I would know you." ("Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee" Jeremiah 1:5 "thee" mean "you" only in sigular form)

Okay, got that part. Now what did God do with those that "He did foreknow"? Do you know?
In Romans 8:29 it says, "whom he (God) did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son"

First of all, what does predestinate mean? You know this, destiny means what you will do. God predestinating you means God choosing what you will do and God providing everything you need to accoplish your destiny. And what is that destiny? What is it that God appointed you to be, and to do, and to live?
The answer is in Romans 8:29 again: "For whom he (God) did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son"
There it is, "to be conformed to the image of his Son" to be just like Jesus, to be a son of God. To do the works of the Son of God. To be free from sin, to be more than conquerer through him that loved us. To be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect. To preach the gospel. To lead people from darkness to light. To be perfected through suffering. And die and spend eternity in heaven with God.
That is the destiny and privilage of every saint on Earth. And in Heaven glory to come.

Now that we have laid the foundation, we can answer your question.
Does God predestinate some to be sinners and live a wicked life and go to hell in the end? Bible never says that, but you can come to the conclusion that God does predestinate people to go to hell. Why? Because they chose to not seek God and find Him. They chose not to do God's will. You can truthfully say, "For whom he (God) did NOT foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of THE DEVIL" because those people chose to turn away from the light. If God did not predestinate them to go to hell, then God would not be loving!!! Love MUST hate evil. if love did not hate evil, love would not be love. So "God is angry with the wicked every day" (Psalm 7:11) because all they do is sin. And if sinners don't repent and turn to God then God will have to get rid of the CAUSE of the problem and send the sinner to hell.

This is so important to know. Jesus sends us out to preach the Gospel to those who don't want to hear it, to those who have turned away from God. In their heart all have turned away from God, there is none that seek the Lord, no not one.

Whoever of you who reads this, if you do not know God come to Him before it is too late. Confess your sins and forsake them and start doing the will of God. You have too long been living your own way, now is the time to do God's will. And if you come to Christ to know Him and obey Him there is this promice for you that He will manifest Himself to you (John 14:21)
If you will search for Him, He will be found by you. If you give yourself up to Him, He will free you from your sins and write His law on your heart and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

If you know God, it is time to "reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Time to take up the sword of the Spirit and fight. How? "The heart of the righteous studieth to answer" (Proverbs 15:28) And
"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper." (Psalm 1:1-3)
And do the work of the Lord as we learn. Persuade men as we go, win souls while we are yet alive and there is breath in us.
Study, Rely on God, Act on it. Such is the privilage and duty of every saint.

2007/5/15 0:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy