SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Are all Christians the Bride of Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Bride of Christ

Nile,

All we Christians are the body of the Church, and the Church is the Bride of Christ.

There is no righteousness in any of us. All our righteousness is a gift of God to us through Christ in our redemption through Him, and in Him are all of us made to be His bride.

Anyone who is not a true convert is not a part of the Church, and alas, automatically is destined for Hell if they cannot pass through the fire at the White Throne Judgement, where Christ will decide if, according to what they were taught, and how they sought the face of God, whether they are going to Hell.

Remember that not all who fail to find Christ are denied salvation. It depends on Christ's judgement of their understanding of God as writen in the cosmos, and/or in the Law, if they are Jews.

Back to clarity,

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/20 14:12Profile

Re:

Quote:
It depends on Christ's judgement of their understanding of God as writen in the cosmos, and/or in the Law

WOW... we had better stop sending our missionaries to the good people in the jungles that have never heard the name of Christ... why ruin their salvation that comes apart from Christ?

Jim

2007/4/20 14:24

Re:

Quote:
Remember that not all who fail to find Christ are denied salvation. It depends on Christ's judgement of their understanding of God as writen in the cosmos, and/or in the Law, if they are Jews.

So then Paul was wrong then, righteousness actually does come through the law...?

2007/4/20 14:32

Re: Are all Christians the Bride of Christ?

Nile said:

Quote:
Ravenhill said in one of his sermons that he didn't believe that all Christians would be (or are) the Bride of Christ. That doesn't seem right to me. Is there is anyone here that agrees with Ravenhill? If so, what is your reasoning?

Thats a good question. I have recently pondered this question. I wish I could give you an adequate reason as to why I agree with Ravenhill, the problem is I'd have to write a book to explain it all. The theme of my book would be, "He that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved".

A very good question Nile, an important one at that!

2007/4/20 15:15

Re:

In reference to Mahoney and Jims' most recent posts... I was wondering how long it would take for those questions to pop up. It took longer than I thought!

;-)

... this is the "can of worms" which I spoke of!

Krispy

2007/4/20 15:43
Isleander

France

Re: Are all Christians the Bride of Christ?

Paul seems to have the key to the question here -

II Corinthians 11:2-3 “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

By the way, the Bride is only mentioned FOUR times in Scripture. Once by John the Baptist, three times in The Book of Revelation.

John 3:27-29
“John (the Baptist) answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.”

Revelation 21:2
It is clear that the Bride of Christ is the New Jerusalem –
“…I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”

Revelation 21:9
The Lamb’s wife – “…there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.”

Revelation 22:17
Who along with the Spirit is saying - “…Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”

2007/4/20 15:46Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Thanks for those verses Isleander. I'll have to ponder this some more, but it definitely seems to me that the whole church is the Bride.

2007/4/20 16:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: "So then Paul was wrong then, righteousness actually does come through the law...?"

We all know that is wrong. We in Christ Jesus are dead to the Law. Only death comes through the Law. Rom 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

The Lie, you work the works of the law and you will be righteous. Again Satan same old lie, "you will be as gods'". "There is none righteous, no not one." Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Isa 41:26 Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, [He is] righteous? yea, [there is] none that sheweth, yea, [there is] none that declareth, yea, [there is] none that heareth your words.
Isa 57:1 The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth [it] to heart: and merciful men [are] taken away, none considering that the righteous is taken away from the evil [to come].

The Great White Throne Judgment is not the Judgement Seat of Christ, The Great White Throne Judgement is after the tribulation, the Judgement Seat of Christ is before the tribulation or during for the Bride of Christ.

The Scripture has already declared who will be saved.

Romans 3:8-10 And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just. What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

John 3:15-19 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and though shall be saved. That is Period.

Where does it say that in the Great White Throne Judgement anyone will be saved, It is for Judgement that all might see the Righteousness of God and all, all have no excuse.

The Judgement Seat of Christ is for those that are in Christ, with His Spirit, His Mind, and A Body just like His. This Judgement is to see what we have done with the Christ that is given into us, as those that got the talons of God, some 5, some 1, so what did we do with the Gold of Christ that is in us.
Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
2Cr 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things [done] in [his] body, according to that he hath done, whether [it be] good or bad.

Good or bad in Christ, the bad being far better than the good of Satan and sin. 1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 1Cr 1:25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

2 Corinthians 5:16-21 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

In Christ, new creatures unto judgment of rewards and reconciliation of Christ unto the world to those that God has prepared to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God:

Phillip

2007/4/20 21:54Profile
Isleander

France

Re:

Christinyou wrote:

Quote:
"So then Paul was wrong then, righteousness actually does come through the law...?"

Phillip

Have you posted your comments in the correct forum? I think this string is intended for "Are all Christians the Bride of Christ."

2007/4/21 12:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

by Isleander on 2007/4/21 9:14:13

Christinyou wrote:
Quote:
"So then Paul was wrong then, righteousness actually does come through the law...?"

Phillip

Have you posted your comments in the correct forum? I think this string is intended for "Are all Christians the Bride of Christ."

I don't understand, I did not write the Quote.

I was answering the quote.

Please clarify your comment. "Have you posted your comments in the correct forum? I think this string is intended for "Are all Christians the Bride of Christ?"

The answer plain: Yes.

The first comment that I did not write of Paul being wrong I hope was a ploy to get all to understand that Paul was right. Righteousness does not come by the Law. It comes to the Bride of Christ by the Bridegroom. 1 Corinthians 1:30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

In Christ: Phillip

2007/4/21 18:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy