SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Meanwhile, 654,965 Dead in Iraq

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Meanwhile, 654,965 Dead in Iraq

Total deaths (all excess deaths) Johns Hopkins- As of June 2006: 654,965 (range of 392,979-942,636

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_conflict_in_Iraq_since_2003]Iraq War Casualties Since 2003[/url]

What happened at VT is horrible - but let's keep it in perspective.

This ethnocentricity is nauseating.

2007/4/19 17:02
repentcanada

Re: Meanwhile, 654,965 Dead in Iraq

WOW.

All this as slavery runs rampant in Sudan. The Muslims in Nigeria and Sudan are slaughtering Christians. If we preached Open Air in Saudi Arabia we wouldn't face a petty arrest, we'd be executed. Chinese Christians baptize each other at night, so they are not caught. We are taking our faith much to lightly, may God put a burden for Him and the lost our hearts....one day shall be our last

2007/4/19 18:36Profile

Re:

The silence on this thread is deafening...

2007/4/20 15:11
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The silence on this thread is deafening...

I believe its because of some basic principles Corey. One being that the world will always do be evil, things like this should not startle us that there are many dying and people not caring and covering the noise of the crying with the sound of clanging coins in the pursuit of materialism!

Also another reason is the fact that most conversations on the forums are trying to focus on spiritual matters and "things above." Paul the apostle tells us to think upon things that of "worthy report." There is a time to talk about everything under the sun also.

America is not the church. If that is what you are trying to convey then just say it. I think the remenant of believers in America and else where needs to stand up and be the light of God again in this generation!

[b]Americas Only Hope (video) by Keith Daniel[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4631

2007/4/20 15:27Profile

Re:

Half a million Arabs dead and no one here raises an eyebrow.

Thirty-two American "best and brightest" die and the world's going to pieces.

Ethnocentrism.

2007/4/20 17:00
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I think the remenant of believers in America and else where needs to stand up and be the light of God again in this generation!

Amen. We need to be that salt and light. the world inevitably will decay and wax worse and worse; but it seems to me that much of our responsibility as believers is to slow that process within the realm of our influence. It may not be pedantic, but I like the illustration of salt slowing the process of meat spoilage. The animal is dead and will decay no matter what; but salt will slow that process very much. We need to do what we can to stop that decay in a society sliding to utter degredation.

As for what Corey stated in the 'silence being deafening' I think also that we can't process that much death. We live in an age where we see bad new every day and sometimes many times a day. Things that happen that we have absolutely no control over. That is not to say we don't in some way mourn or try to do what we can; it is to say that we can wear ourselves down worrying about every problem in the world. We have to pray and put it in the hands of God. He is not having a nervous breakdown in Heaven. He has all this under control.

2007/4/20 17:00Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:

I don't think this is a fair statement. I am vexed at death no matter where it is or what color or race. I am vexed when our soldiers are killed [i]and[/i] when they are carrying a 2 year old in their arms that has just deceased. the difference is that most of the death we read about is perpetrated by Islamic Extremists who have no respect for life whatsoever. They don't even a basic sense of self-preservation. They will even kill their own. What can a person do against such wreckless wickedness? We did not raise our people in America to strap on bombs pretending to be pregnant and blow up hundreds indiscreminantly. So when someone walks in and starts shooting people it has a tendency to create a shock.

2007/4/20 17:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

even this does not beat the amount of people who are going to hell.

Luke 13:4-5
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners F35 above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

2007/4/20 17:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Ethnocentrism.

I am sorry to say that this is a fallacy. Do the arabs care that American's are dying? that the massacare happened? of course not they are worried about themselves. Thus we must remember we are talking about "worldlings" who are consumed on themselves and their own lusts which is corrupting them.

Quote:
even this does not beat the amount of people who are going to hell.

Amen brother. This is the eternal reality that matters above all.

2007/4/20 17:20Profile

Re:

RobertW said:

Quote:
I am vexed when our soldiers are killed and when they are carrying a 2 year old in their arms that has just deceased.

I see. So American soldiers are [i]killed[/i] while Arab babies are [i]just deceased[/i]?

Quote:
the difference is that most of the death we read about is perpetrated by Islamic Extremists who have no respect for life whatsoever. They don't even a basic sense of self-preservation. They will even kill their own.

So you're saying half a million people died by suicide bombers?

Quote:
We did not raise our people in America to strap on bombs pretending to be pregnant and blow up hundreds indiscreminantly.

No, we train our kids to kill and rape in video games, then train them to [i]strap[/i] bombs to the underside of state-of-the-art stealth warplanes so we can "kill us some A-rabs". Then we strip, humiliate, and photograph the survivors in Abu Ghraib. When the pictures are "leaked", we relocate the prisoners to Guantanemo Bay. Strip, humiliate, photograph. Repeat.

Quote:
So when someone walks in and starts shooting people it has a tendency to create a shock.

No doubt.

2007/4/20 18:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy