SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Campus Crusade students killed in massacre - Mission Network News

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:
Yeah- I didnt want to say anything, but Campus Crusade for Christ is a main culprit in propogating a false cheap grace gospel. Just look at their 4 spiritual laws tract.

I was thinking the same thing.
For those wanting more info on CCfC, see [url=http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Psychology/ccc/]here[/url].

Quote:
I do hope that their students who were killed were soundly saved. Life is but a vapor.

I agree.

2007/4/19 12:25Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I was thinking this before I even wrote this thread... but maybe the reason that Seung Cho wasn't reached with the good news of Jesus was because all the Christians around him were bickering with eachother about who was preaching a true Gospel and who was preaching a false gospel... and in the process the GOSPEL never got preached at all.

2007/4/19 12:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
Even if you disagree with what someone else is teaching, to call them false prophets, people on the ground doing God's work... that's wicked in itself. I'm looking sin in the face.

1) I did not call Campus Crusade false prophets, they are clearly an example in general of what Paul Washer and Ray Comfort preach against though.

2) Paul Washer clearly calls out the Campus Crusade 4 laws tract, Aquire the Fire and other organizations by name in his sermons

3) Everything else you have said in your post is false. To say you are looking sin in the face, I believe is false too and that leaves us with a problem bro because that is just a slanderous and false accusation.

I have said nothing sinful here.

Grace and peace to you - Jim

2007/4/19 12:29
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Niles,

Just checked out that site and it pained my spirit... it really disturbs me to see someone putting so much thought and meticulous work into making a case against their Christian brothers and sisters. I was just considering how this kind of thing looks to a non-christian.

I want to scream.

-Ian

2007/4/19 12:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

We can not always be protected from the evil of this world. For that reason we should always be ready to meet our Creator, God, Our Father. Our hearts and prayers go out to all at Virginia Tech.

2007/4/19 12:31Profile
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re:

Quote:
As far as i'm concerned, you probably don't even know anyone from Campus Crusade, or haven't even talked with any of them... maybe you just know them by reputation, or maybe you're just pulling your opinion out of your rectum. But it's painful to read.

I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I go to NC State and know people from CCfC.

2007/4/19 12:32Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

It seems to me that it's better to be a total pagan engaged in a wicked lifestyle than to be involved in a Christian organization that you find fault with.

With your words and attitude you condemn your brothers and sisters and you let the world slide.

2007/4/19 12:35Profile
Isaiah64

Re:

Can we please stop bickering and get back to the point of the thread?
The purpose of my post was not to get us arguing about and bashing Campus Crusade but to encourage someone to [i]action[/i]. Rather than just talk, we should contact those who run the site and let them know that "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life" is not the best way to approach someone with the Gospel, especially after this tragedy.

And as for Campus Crusade, Bill Bright the founder had repented of not talking about hell in one of his books. Bright had even personally talked to Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron and confessed that he had been in error. Check it out [url=http://www.calvarychapelfreegift.com/other.shtml]here[/url]. Campus Crusade often purchases tracts from Living Waters. That's why it was perplexing and grieving to me that they still used the "Wonderful Plan" message on the site.

2007/4/19 13:05Profile
lejfricke

Chantilly, Virginia

Re:

If you find fault with an organization, why would you be involved with it? Secondly, regardless of which organization it is (whether or not you're personaly associated with it), the objective viewpoint of others, whether right or wrong, should help keep a fresh view on what the goal is and how well it is being pursued.

2007/4/19 13:07Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Isaiah,

E-mail them about it, ask them if that's the best thing to have on their website right now.

-Ian

2007/4/19 13:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy