SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Chilling Words Sound Like Bible Prophecy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Chilling Words Sound Like Bible Prophecy

I was stunned this morning as I listened to the chilling video rantings of a madman on the morning news. The gunman from Virginia Tech has sent videos and a manifesto to NBC News. Here is an excerpt from some of his rant:

Quote:
"Your Mercedes wasn't enough, you brats," said Cho, a South Korean immigrant whose parents work at a dry cleaners in Centreville, Va., a Washington suburb. "Your golden necklaces weren't enough you snobs. Your trust funds wasn't enough. Your vodka and cognac wasn't enough. All your debaucheries weren't enough. Those weren't enough to fulfill your hedonistic needs. You had everything."

It made my hair stand up! I know that this way of thinking won't be popular, but, could it be that God is trying to tell us something? Wouldn't it be just like God to speak through a madman? Would we listen if it came from someone calm and serene? Will we listen if it comes through the mouth of a mass murderer? I doubt it. Dian.

2007/4/19 7:28Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Chilling Words Sound Like Bible Prophecy

[url=http://www.flicklife.com/04dcf8e2077ad2a23954/Very_Creepy_Virginia_Tech_Murder_on_Tape.html]Here[/url] is the video.

There is something very serious behind all of this.
This sounds like brainwashing, I don't know by whom and why?
Recently I read that weapon of this century would be mind control.
Other thing is that kids every day are training to be such murderers from the video games.
We are at the end.

2007/4/19 8:28Profile

Re:

Absolutely not. There was nothing prophetic about this man's rants. He was not in his mind, and his was in a fantasy world. He was demon possessed.

Is this society debauched? Yea, but this guy was motivated by what he perceived as people persecuting him. He was probably picked on in high school, but most of the people they talk to at Virginia Tech didnt even know who he was. His own dorm mates were surprised he could speak English because he never talked. He lived in his own world.

No, nothing this evil, demon possessed man said came from God. When he videoed himself he was demon possessed. God was no where in any of that.

To even suggest that.. I'm sorry... but that goes completely against the nature of God.

Krispy

2007/4/19 8:35

Re:

Krispy-

I agree with you to apoint. However a quick read of Jeremiah will show you how God uses wicked men to bring judgement such as the babylonians. I am not saying this is the case but I dont think that someone bringing it up is totally ridiculous either.

In Christ - Jim

2007/4/19 8:54
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

I want to ask you this, with as much gentleness as I can express to you here. I am nothing and I know that there can be many things that do not appear to me that may appear to others, or to you all, but brothers and sisters, I do not know why we would even want to watch this, or to hear this man's words?

I do not know why.

Chris

2007/4/19 8:59Profile

Re:

Chris-

Please see the post that I put up titled The Final Warning...

In Christ - Jim

2007/4/19 9:07

Re:

Quote:
I want to ask you this, with as much gentleness as I can express to you here. I am nothing and I know that there can be many things that do not appear to me that may appear to others, or to you all, but brothers and sisters, I do not know why we would even want to watch this, or to hear this man's words?

I think it's normal to want to know [i]why[/i]...

Krispy

2007/4/19 9:24
roadsign

Re: God IS speaking

Quote:
God was no where in any of that.

Krispy, I think Spitfire was pointing that here is a symptom of a very serious social malady - a spiritual one, that is, and God is using this situation to get our attention.

Quote:
Is this society debauched? Yea, but this guy was motivated by what he perceived as people persecuting him.

I am not prepared to write off this man as a “but”, an acceptation, an insane demoniac, or in other words, a non-representation of our society. He is a product of our society, and none of us can so easily wash our hands from the problem.

There are all kinds of people around like him – hundreds of thousands. Not all of them end up like this one did, but the potential is there! We are living on one enormous landmine of human dynamite, with latent inner rage as the fuse. We will never “get it” if we just put these kind of people into a separate little categories – like some sort of spiritual mutations.

Quote:
I know that this way of thinking won't be popular, but, could it be that God is trying to tell us something? Wouldn't it be just like God to speak through a madman?

Absolutely! When society is deadened to the voice of God, he shouts quite loudly: Hey, you, wake up! Can’t you see that something is desperately wrong!! Your ways are not working. Can’t you see? Here is an example! Come to me, come to me, come to me! If you don’t, it’s going to get worse!

Quote:
Would we listen if it came from someone calm and serene?

We’ve had this already for a long time. We have our bibles – all over the place.

Quote:
Will we listen if it comes through the mouth of a mass murderer? I doubt it.

I agree with you. Mankind has always been resistant to even the most blatant of warnings.

The book of Haggai reflects this modern-day trend. The post-exilics should have had divine judgment fresh on their minds. Some of them would have lived through the capture of Jerusalem. Yet they were already wandering from him, absorbed in the temporal issues of life.

Five times Haggai warns the people to take note; “Give careful thought to your ways.” I like the way the Message translation puts it: “Take a good hard look at your life. Think it over….” Haggai was telling the people to open their eyes and notice that even though they have been trying very hard, they were getting no where. In spite of the obvious, the people were blind to the fact that divine judgment had fallen on them. They just weren’t getting it - until Haggai put it into words (given by God). The good news is that the people listened to Haggai, quite readily!

Have we really evolved into something better the ancient peoples? I suspect that we’d like to think so.

Diane

2007/4/19 9:53Profile
Spitfire

Re: "nothing of God"

Quote:
No, nothing this evil, demon possessed man said came from God.

Sane men of God have said the same thing and God does speak with such strong language. If you think it goes against the nature of God, then you're talking about a sizable amount of text in scripture, Brother.

God has to be in it somewhere. Otherwise, we have to believe that the Holocaust and 911 and this tragedy happened just because some devil got a hold of some wicked men and we were left to their mercy.

No, I don't believe that. I believe this type of thing is prelimary judgement and for us to say, "we didn't deserve it" is evidence of our lack of recognition of our sin. Of course, we deserve it. A bullet through the head by a mad gunman is merciful compared to an eternity in hell. I am that idiot. He is me. And you. But for the grace of God...

Our nation needs to wake up. And we, as believers, need to take responsibility for our brother (meaning all the people we like to disassociate ourselves from). We need to repent on behalf of everyone. I'm wailing today. I'm crying out to God, because I heard him speak to me through a madman who killed 30 something people.

I realize this isn't a popular position for me to take, but like I said, it isn't as if God hasn't tried to tell us through someone sane and calm.

This morning, I was watching that video clip and the Spirit of Truth lept out at me. I saw God with tongue in cheek saying, "how do you like them apples?!"

And if that ain't the God of the Bible, then I'm bound for hell, Brother, cause that's the God I worship and fall flat on my face before everyday.

2007/4/19 10:07Profile

Re:

Krispy said:

Quote:
There was nothing prophetic about this man's rants. He was not in his mind, and his was in a fantasy world. He was demon possessed.

You are absolutely correct. And If I may add, there is no glory in this for the LORD, rather it brings shame to His name because this nut uses the name of Jesus in a good sense, which is telling the world that he might be a Christian, therefore all Christians are crazy and not to be trusted.

I work with people that are mentally challenged. The things that some of my clients write down on paper are no different than the ravings of Cho, the only thing that keeps them from fulfilling them is their medications.

Com

2007/4/19 10:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy