Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Second Adam

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: The Second Adam

Adam means "man". The Scripture uses the terms "the last Adam" and "the second man". While both are used, the word "last" was preferred by Bro Ravenhill because it wipes out the idea that other possible Saviours will rise up in the last days. There are many claiming to be the last days "Prophet" of the Lord. Much of the New Age movement focuses on this possible "Christ" being in India or elsewhere today. There are many who are totally bought into this.

Both terms are used in the Bible, but are not interchangeable. Jesus was the second and the last. Adam was made alive, Jesus makes others alive, and no one after Him can do this. That is the reason for the use of "last".

2007/4/21 0:46Profile

Re:

I am not satisfied with that interpretation of why Jesus is called the "last Adam". I can't put my finger on it, but I have a *feeling* that it has something to do with being, the "Son of God" as both the first and last Adam were called.

Jesus said, "I am the FIRST and the LAST".

As I was just pondering this now, I feel that that statement that Jesus made was that he became the FIRST Adam (robed in sinful flesh), and also the LAST Adam (made a quickening spirit). The LAST denotes (this is coming to me slowly, so bare with me) that this ADAM (Jesus Christ) would be the one that will overcome the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. The LAST is that there will be no need for another because Jesus Christ would have done what no other man could possibly do.

Please re-read this before replying and grasp what was said.

I could add more, but I do not sense anymore information to give, it would only be my thoughts on it.

God Bless

*Feeling*, I use this word because I don't know what other word to use when a person is feeling after God by faith. That is why I use the word, 'feel'. Acts 17:27

2007/4/21 8:11

Matthew 3:10
"And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees...

Hi Compliments,

I believe this word from John the Baptist (above) refers to the tree(s) of the knowledge of good and evil... that is, that each of us represent its [i]plantings[/i].

This horticultural thought ties in with our having been grafted into Christ's death and resurrection (Rom 6).

Psalm 1
2 But his delight [is] in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree [... of life? Rev 22]
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

2007/4/21 15:33

Re:

Quote:
I believe this word from John the Baptist (above) refers to the tree(s) of the knowledge of good and evil... that is, that each of us represent its plantings.

Linn, I love it!! These thoughts on these opens up a whole new world in biblical knowledge. Not just for knowledge sake, but information that we can use against the enemy. How? It reveals what Christ has done and what the enemy can no longer do.

If we just keep our attention on the wording of the bible and it's letters, we'll constantly be ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth. But if we allow the holy Spirit to let these words sink down into our ears, by faith the word is quickened and made alive to our spirit thus creating a knowledge that supercedes that of the carnal mind which cannot receive the things of God.

Now that just flowed out of me, if that makes any sense, let me know.

God Bless

2007/4/21 17:51

I confess this was not my personal revelation, but it came from the Lord to someone I know, who shared it with me... and I've been passing it on...

Compliments said

Quote:
If we just keep our attention on the wording of the bible and it's letters, we'll constantly be ever learning and never coming to the knowledge of the truth. But if we allow the holy Spirit to let these words sink down into our ears, by faith the word is quickened and made alive to our spirit thus creating a knowledge that supercedes that of the carnal mind which cannot receive the things of God.

Now that just flowed out of me, if that makes any sense, let me know.

Don't you worry.... it was good, brother. 8-)

I love that sentence (from Jesus)
Quote:
... let these words sink down into [y]our ears ...

GW North used them often.

2007/4/22 13:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy