Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events :  Turkish bible firm attack kills 3

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ReviveUsLord

Macedonia

Turkish bible firm attack kills 3

POSTED: 8:59 a.m. EDT, April 18, 2007

DIYARBAKIR, Turkey (Reuters) -- Attackers on Wednesday slit the throats of three people in a Turkish publishing house which printed bibles, security officials said, the latest attack on minorities in mainly Muslim Turkey.

NTV said a fourth person had died in hospital, but the report could not be confirmed.

Security officials said six people had been detained in connection with the attack in the southeastern city of Malatya. Television pictures showed police wrestling one man to the ground and leading several young men out of the building, apparently in handcuffs.

An official from the publishing house told local television that they had received threats over its publications.

The attack follows the murder earlier this year of Armenian-Turkish editor Hrant Dink by an ultranationalist, which prompted extra security measures to be taken for writers and journalists. Dink was also from Malatya.

Last year a priest was shot dead in the Black Sea province of Trabzon, which coincided with worldwide protests over cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad.

The government and other officials in Turkey have in the past criticized Christian missionary work here while the European Union, which Turkey hopes to join, has called for more freedom for the tiny Christian minority.

For some Turkish nationalists Christian missionaries are seen as enemies of Turkey working to undermine its political and religious institutions.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/04/18/turkey.bible.reut/index.html

2007/4/18 13:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Turkish bible firm attack kills 3

I received this pdf today. It is a humbling and thrilling account of some of our brethren who have 'loved not their lives unto the death'. I provide this link to encourage prayer for their loved ones and for the church in Turkey.

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/download.php?file=438]From the Protestant Church in Smyrna.[/url]

2007/4/27 15:09Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Just wanted to encourage those who have not to take a moment and read the [u]very[/u] moving account of the sufferings of these three men and their stand for God.

2007/4/28 22:21Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks ReviveUs, Ron and Robert for calling attention to these accounts.

Deeply humbling yet ennobling for those who look for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Here is a small way to help the widows and children of these men as the Lord leads.

[url=http://www.persecutionblog.com/. ]Operation Esther[/url] was named after one of the surviving family members, a 5 year old girl.

Grace saints,

MC

2007/4/28 23:16Profile
Forgiven1

Western Australia

Re: Turkey

Thankyou for posting this as it spurs us on to pray for one another especially our brothers and sisters in Christ who face daily persecution even unto death throughout the world. Only this morning on the news they mentioned Turkey, at this point I knew very little about Turkey, the news was with regards over an election in politics and it was causing upheavel and unrest and I felt in my spirit to pray for Turkey because I could see a spiritual battle in the heavens over Turkey but now having read the terrible account of 3 Christian men so brutally murdered it all makes sense. Satan is trying to hold his territory under his rule so lets keep praying and claim this Nation back for Jesus Christ and pray of course for the Christians to stand strong against the enemy, remember our enemy is not flesh and blood but the principalities in high places and like God they too need bodies to carry out their bidding on the earth, therefore brothers and sisters be filled with Him who is greater than he that is in the world. Through His son Jesus Christ's death and resurrection has overcome the world. Amen and Amen!!!

2007/4/29 0:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: From the Protestant Church in Smyrna

[url=http://mp3.biblebase.com/download.php?file=438]From the Protestant Church in Smyrna.[/url]

Our brother Robert had mentioned this in another thread, had not seen this particular post prior. This is a very sobering and humbling account ... it far exceeds even that.

Reading this yesterday afternoon brought forth a real ... eminence, it takes one down many notches, to a place where words are bypassed. The sheer brutality is unspeakable, the possibilities of the human heart ... and still the greater, the over abundant and vastly incredible love that forgives.

It left me staggered, even a moment of indescribable ... [i]reality[/i] praying. Would to God pray that it be taken in and that our often trivial and overwrought emotions and controversies be brought to this light and make us think deeply about just where we are laying importance, no matter what the discussions, what our sometimes peevish commotions and frivolous circumstances, our [i]light affliction[/i].

Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be [u]sober[/u], and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 1Pe 1:13

Young men likewise exhort to be [u]sober minded[/u]. Tit 2:6

[b]That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.[/b] Tit 2:2

Pray for the families.

2007/4/30 9:59Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I don't doubt numerous people received this email since it was sent out to the Global Church as it says.

They have asked for prayer, and they will get that, but I believe we should also, give money to show our support for our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Some are already doing so, but those who are not should be moved into action.

I do hope that when this has been removed from the front pages of the news and websites, it is not removed from our memories, and that in a few weeks time, all that has happened will not be forgotten.

1 Pet 4v7, 'But the end of all things is at hand, therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers.

Let us be in prayer for those who suffer untold persecution, for revival, and for God's name to be glorified among the nations.

God bless.

2007/5/1 2:05Profile
ReviveUsLord

Macedonia

Re: Some Torture Allegations Untrue About Martyred Christians in Turkey

Dear brothers and sisters,

you might have already received an updated e-mail about the massacre of our three brothers in Turkey, but since I started this thread and there've been other links posted here with the previous report I thought I will also write shortly about the update.

"While it appears they were tortured, the extent of that torture was not as gruesome as the earlier report indicated. All had knife wounds and several throats were slit."

"Who started these exaggerated facts [about the Malatya massacre]? We purpose two possibilities:
1) Those who perpetrated the crime planned this [the spreading of exaggerated facts] from the beginning and the murderers were simply tools for these people [who had planned to blow the murder into exaggerated proportions]. The goal of those who planned this murder and the exaggerated claims was both to frighten the Christians living in Turkey, causing them to shrink back and be timid, and to humiliate Turkey as a country that invites and causes such bloodthirty massacre, thereby damaging Turkey's chances of entering the European Union and making matters worse in the country. Furthermore, [the planners of this massacre] wanted to give the government and our people the impression that Christians distort and exaggerate everything."

The updated e-mail is in fact also posted on the [url=http://www.persecutionblog.com/]Persecution Blog[/url]

May we continue praying for the strengthening of our brethren in Turkey and spreading the gospel in this dark region.

Your sister in Christ,
Milica

2007/5/6 17:33Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Turkey

Thank you so much Milica

Quote:
We are sons and daughters of the truth.

2007/5/6 21:00Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri