SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Ark of The Covenant, part 2

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
sscr01

Re:

This passage in Colossians refers to the ceremonial law: meat, drink, sabbath feast days,circumcision, unclean meats, which pointed to the sacrifice of Jesus. The ceremonial law was fulfilled. That is why, we, no longer, sacrifice animals.

This has nothing to do with God's Covenant with man - the Ten Commandments.

2007/4/23 16:46Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Sscr01 wrote,

Quote:
This has nothing to do with God's Covenant with man - the Ten Commandments.

[b][color=000000] And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.[/color][/b] -Exodus 34:27-28

[b][color=000000]And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments[/color][/b]

[i]...for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant [u]with thee and with Israel[/u][/i]

[b][color=000000]...with thee and with Israel[/color][/b]

2007/4/23 17:35Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Would like to add a little bit more of what the scripture says about those who God made the covenant of the Law with if I may...

[b][color=000000]For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for? And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?[/color][/b] -Deuteronomy 4: 7-8

Is asked here "What nation?"

[b][color=000000]For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.[/color][/b] -Deuteronomy 7:6

They are identified as :A special people, above all people that were upon the earth.

[b][color=000000]Thou shalt therefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments, which I command thee this day, to do them.[/color][/b] -Deuteronomy 7:11

As to what was given them..

There is here mentioned...

commandments

statutes

and judgements.

And the Apostolic testimony is

[b][color=000000]For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises[/color][/b] -Romans 9:3-4

Paul's brethren, according the flesh, who were Israelites.

Chris

2007/4/23 17:59Profile
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re:

Quote:

Christinyou wrote:
Colossians 2:13-17 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Jesus Christ Himself is our Sabbath. We are to now remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy. We are His body the Church and every day is a Sabbath unto Him, every moment is a Sabbath to Him. We are Holy because He is Holy. Do what in remembrance of Him? Take in His body and blood, this is now our Sabbath and our worship.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Remember His day and Keep it Holy. That is 24-7. He is our Sabbath and all in all.

In Christ our Sabbath: Phillip

Precisely! This is why I can take communion daily, and rest in Jesus, and yet do His will, day by day, whether it be ordinary labor unto Jesus, or specific labor unto Jesus.

I will be frank and say I barely do any ordinary labor, on any day, not being able, but I do my own cooking, and that was forbidden on the Sabbath.

Thank you, Phillip, for being so specific on sonething so critical to any Sabbath of a Christian - Communion.

Blessings,

Forrest

2007/4/24 7:57Profile
sscr01

Re:

Christians claim, to keep the Ten Commandments, until, it comes to the fourth - the, only, one He told us to "remember."

If Jesus isn't the "Lord of the Sabbath," (Mk 2:28) who is?

The Great Apostasia is upon us:

Jesus said, "And because iniquity (lawlessness) shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." Matt 24:12.

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

Please visit www.sabbathtruth.com.

2007/4/25 15:39Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Christians claim, to keep the Ten Commandments, until, it comes to the fourth - the, only, one He told us to "remember."

If Jesus isn't the "Lord of the Sabbath," (Mk 2:28) who is?

The Great Apostasia is upon us:

Jesus said, "And because iniquity (lawlessness) shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." Matt 24:12.

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."

We have answered these issues well and given well reasoned answers.

Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. [u]One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike.[/u] Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

There are two types of people here as pertains to the honoring of days. One person believes all days are alike and one believes some are above the others. I esteem every day alike. You esteem Sabbath over the other days.

To our own Master we stand or fall and are not to judge one another. The problem arises when I tell you you [u]can't[/u] keep the Sabbath or you are dishonoring God or you tell me that I [u]must[/u] keep the Sabbath or I am dishonoring God. I recognize that Christ is the end of a literal Sabbath to those who believe and you do not accept this. Answer? [i]Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. [/i] My conscience affirms my position. Your conscience affirms yours. We are both fully persuaded in our own minds of our position. That is what matters. You regard the day as to the Lord and I regard the day 'not' unto the Lord; but whether we live or die we are the Lords.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. (14:6, 7)

If I were to come to your house and you were honoring the literal Sabbath I would not go intentionally work to cause offense. But in our individual lives we cannot walk around trying to please each others conscience. There is no telling what our lives would be like. It would be madness. Actually, it is a boundaries issue. Folk get all bound up trying to please each others conscience. God never told us to do that; He told us not to lay a stumbling block before each other. At the end of the day we have to allow each other the liberty of conscience. God will ultimately judge each of us. For now we have to walk in what we believe is God's will; and for me this does not include observation of a literal Sabbath; but a resting in Christ as my Sabbath rest from my own works for righteousness.

2007/4/26 8:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy