SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Will I go to heaven if...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DesiJr
Member



Joined: 2006/1/6
Posts: 113


 Will I go to heaven if...

What would you say if someone asked,

I love God, have been born again by a working of the Holy Spirit, I speak in tongues..encourage others to speak in tongues, don't have all the fruits of the spirit, believe you must be water baptised to be saved, we will have to live through the tribulation, I don't lift my hands or clap during worship, I believe it's wrong to play the electric guitar in worship services. I believe that you will not physically burn in hell eternally, but instead be snuffed out of existence if you are not born again, I believe that you don't go directly to heaven when you die, you may quack, laugh and bark in the Spirit, I believe that some Catholics will go to heaven, I believe that God created evolution. I believe that Jesus died for me on the cross and rose again to bring me eternal life now. I believe once saved always saved, I believe the fruit of my conversion is that I am compelled to share my faith. I believe that a man can achieve sinlessness concerning the law of moses in this human life after being born again. I believe that man is born with the tendancy to sin and as he grows it will eventually manifest itself. I believe that Jesus is coming back in the year 3045 for only his sinless church.

Will I partake of the Kingdom of God after I die if I maintain these beliefs?

 2007/4/17 16:20Profile









 Re: Will I go to heaven if...

No... because if you believed that then you have to say you earned your salvation based on your personal theology... and not on grace alone. What you're saying is that you believe in works salvation.

Not sure why you are posing this question anyway. I'm not aware of anyone on this forum who has ever even suggested something like this.

Krispy

 2007/4/17 16:29
DesiJr
Member



Joined: 2006/1/6
Posts: 113


 Re:

Who are you to judge another man's servant?

If this man is dillegently seeking God and His answers and is depending on His Spirit to perform the miracle of the rebirth...how can we say that based on His Christ based theology he is going to hell?

This attitude is prevelant on SI and I think we all need to repent.

I don't agree with all the statements of faith that are proposed yet regardless I cannot judge a man because I don't agree with his theology.

I'm not sure if Jesus would agree with most of ours.

We see through a haze the things of God. Let's encourage sound doctrine and not be the final authority of who's Christ based theology will get them to heaven and who's won't.

Does your theology reveal that we are to pass judgement concerning paradise and damnation?

 2007/4/17 16:46Profile
Nile
Member



Joined: 2007/3/28
Posts: 403
Raleigh, NC

 Re:

Quote:
If this man is dillegently seeking God and His answers and is depending on His Spirit to perform the miracle of the rebirth...how can we say that based on His Christ based theology he is going to hell?



Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

If someone denies Jesus before men, Jesus will deny him before the Father. Such a person will go to hell. Pretty straightforward.

There are some things about salvation and correct Christology that you can say with definitiveness. This is just one example.

Quote:
Does your theology reveal that we are to pass judgement concerning paradise and damnation?



If by "judgment" you mean discerning whether or not a person fits the Biblical description of a Christian - then absolutely yes.


_________________
Matthew Miskiewicz

 2007/4/17 18:43Profile









 Re: Will I go to heaven if...

Desi, I understand what your saying, I hear ya. Now I want to put it a different way. Let me issue some other beliefs, which are:

The've believed the Report concerning Jesus Christ, received the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and encourages others to receive. Has all the fruits of the Spirit, with minimal manifestations. Does NOT believe in water baptism to be saved. The so called 7 year tribulation is in the past. They do lift hands to worship God. Prays often and study the word of God often. Sometimes lengthy fastings seeking the face of God. Believes that Jesus Christ has returned just as He said He would, "Quickly". Believes that all who have received the holy Spirit will meet the LORD in the air when they die both Catholics and Protestants. Does not believe in OSAS. Believes in perfection in the here and now, living above sin. Is justified by faith, has peace with God. Clings to the cross for total victory in Christ. Believes in all the gifts of the Spirit is for the Church today. That there is no future biblical antichrist. And the world will never end, and that you go directly where Christ is when you die.

When this person dies, will He go to meet the LORD?

 2007/4/17 19:03
DesiJr
Member



Joined: 2006/1/6
Posts: 113


 Re:

No by "judgment" I mean determining if they will be with Jesus in eternity.

No man is called to pass that judgment.....

How can we have the arrogance to say....I have figured out God and the details that qualify someone for heaven or hell.

If someone says they believe that Christ died for them and they place their faith on God's mercy and grace through Christ and and Christ was resurrected for our eternal life...You are currently the same sinful man in need of a Savior - how can you turn and say I'm going to heaven because of the understanding I see and you are not becase your understanding doesnt match mine?

GOD IS SOVEREIGN....he decides and passes judgment he searches the hearts of men.

 2007/4/17 19:07Profile
DesiJr
Member



Joined: 2006/1/6
Posts: 113


 Re: Concerning compliments question

Compliments:

If this persons faith is in God's mercy and grace through Jesus to save them - I cannot disagree.

If this man is asking me to confirm his salvation I could not offer that assurance.

Only God can confirm that.

No matter how saved he appears to be to me.

 2007/4/17 19:16Profile
dohzman
Member



Joined: 2004/10/13
Posts: 2132


 divisive

The bible says the devils believe. You've used that word alot, that's different than saving faith. Born again? I didn't hear you mention that. I personaly think you asked a subjective question that is very divisive. It has the ability to divide and unsettle the unlearned in Christ and actually make them lax in thier pursuit of God and His word.Jesus said if you cause one of these little ones to stumble it would be better if a millstone were hanged around your neck and cast into the sea! I'm so mad at this post that I'm just a few strokes from pronouncing judgement! I'll refain for now and chalk this up to liberal, foolish chatter that has the ingrediece in it capable of causing much harm to the unlearned. This is indeed a foolish and unprofitable post which the Word of God warns against partaking of.


_________________
D.Miller

 2007/4/17 22:06Profile
crsschk
Member



Joined: 2003/6/11
Posts: 9192
Santa Clara, CA

 Re:

Quote:
I personaly think you asked a subjective question that is very divisive



Indeed.
Quote:
This attitude is prevelant on SI and I think we all need to repent.

Quote:
Who are you to judge another man's servant?




_________________
Mike Balog

 2007/4/17 23:36Profile
sermonindex
Moderator



Joined: 2002/12/11
Posts: 37516
"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The bible says the devils believe. You've used that word alot, that's different than saving faith. Born again? I didn't hear you mention that. I personaly think you asked a subjective question that is very divisive. It has the ability to divide and unsettle the unlearned in Christ and actually make them lax in thier pursuit of God and His word.Jesus said if you cause one of these little ones to stumble it would be better if a millstone were hanged around your neck and cast into the sea! I'm so mad at this post that I'm just a few strokes from pronouncing judgement! I'll refain for now and chalk this up to liberal, foolish chatter that has the ingrediece in it capable of causing much harm to the unlearned. This is indeed a foolish and unprofitable post which the Word of God warns against partaking of.


Amen. On this note I am locking this thread.


_________________
SI Moderator - Greg Gordon

 2007/4/17 23:53Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy