Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Ark of The Covenant

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

The 10 Commandments Came at Mount Sinai. Paul deals with this so to make it absolutely clear.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. (Galatians 4:24)

That which was given at Sinai is said to be to bondage. the covenant that contained the Ten Commandments genders to bondage. It cannot meet the need of man's redemption. It can only expose the law of Sin that [i]was[/i] (or is) in our members. We have to die to the Law so we can be espoused to Christ. The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. Adding any of the Old Covenant to the New only takes away from the perfection of the New. The goal is the Fruit of the Spirit. That is the goal. The Ten Commandments cannot take us there. Only the fulness of the Holy Spirit in us- as we rest in Christ can accomplish what the Law never could.

2007/4/17 11:37Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

...Now I read Robert's latest post. I am glad there is a clear witness on this matter.

"And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? Then is the offence of the Cross ceased" (Gal. 5.11).

Circumcision came to represent the keeping of the law to the Jews (although to Abraham it actually meant entirely a different thing). But Paul was saying he could have evaded all the persecution that came his way if he would just compromise a little, and say, okay, it's valid to keep the law, or parts of it. NO... The Cross of Christ he loved and gloried in would have to suffer shame for him to do that. He would not do it.

AD

2007/4/17 11:40Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Amen brothers.

[b][color=000000] For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.[/color][/b]

2007/4/17 11:47Profile
Psalm73

Arkansas

Thou know God's law of commandments?

First Christ said this; Enter in at the strait gate, not any broad preacher doctrine will do. But as for the law, what a tochy subject! What strife, Christ's servant moves to avoid.
Romans 3:27,28,31 (K.J)3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. (W.T.N.T - we rather maintayne the lawe)

From A disciple (Israel following other gods caused many a time to grieve God and cause his glory to go).
Look at Daniel 7:25 He shall think to change times and laws. Read the book of Daniel in the KingJames and it has strong text and MEaning, yet, an eye opening study of Daniel on faithofgod.net in the easy to read version of the early Mathew's 1537 English O.T(Particually 7,9,11th chapters) Really let's look at ourselves while we open Daniel and look at 7::24-26 from the said version.
24 The ten horns, are ten kings that shall arise out of that kingdom, after whom there shall stand up another, which shall be greater than the first.
7:25
He shall subdue three kings, and shall speak words against the highest|hyest| of all: he shall destroy the saints of the most highest and think, that he may change times and laws. They shall be given under his power, until a time, two times, and a half a time.
7:26
But the judgement shall be kept, so that his power shall be taken from him, for he shall be destroyed, and perish at the last

Does thou understand the beast in this chapter, along with revalacions? Here is the patience of saints. Does thou believe in Jesus Christ? Now? Revalacion 14:9-12 (TyndaleN.T1526-07) verse 9 And the third angel followed them saying with a loud voice: If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or on his hand,
10 the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured in the cup of his wrath. And he shall be punished in fire and brimstone, before the holy angels, and before the lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up evermore. And they have no rest day nor night, which worship the beast, and his image, and whosoever receiveth the print of his name.
12 Here is the patience of saints. Here are they that keep the commandments and the faight of Iesu.

Brothers this is to open the eyes of the blind, to get the lame man to leap as an herte and so that the dumb man's tongue give thanks.
That the saving health of Iesus Christ be known, that is the touch of healing Christ used in Matthew 8 with the centurion.

Amen brother preach on let's ride together against this beast and come out of Babilon, before the day draweth nye?
I rose up early and sent on to you all my servants the prophets, and thou wouldnot herken, nor incline thine ear to obey, but were worse then their fathers, as they hardened their necks against Jeremy.

Amen to God and his son Jesus Christ

2007/4/17 12:40Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

I think it is worth emphasing again some things which have been said here by ADisciple and brother Robert. I'll take what RobertW said here

"Our rest or our 'Shabbot' is to rest in Christ. All that we have and need as Christian's is found in being 'in' Christ. Being found 'in' Him, etc. the finished work of the cross is applied to us as His history becomes our History as we are 'in' Him. We are co-crucified with Christ. These are the things we 'rest' in. this is not working towards righteousness- but resting in Him and being filled with all the fullness of God. The Law cannot improve upon this because the Law was not made for the righteous."

The scripture says

[i]Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.[/i]

[i] For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.[/i]

As I see it, either we can lay claim to all of the goodness, and merit, and faithfulness, and excellency, and obedience, and lovelyness of the Lord Jesus Christ, by faith, either we can do that..

[b][size=small]or[/size][/b]

we can lay claim to our own.

But how could it be both or some mixture of the two? What good is a speck of dust to a mountain of sands? Or what good is a drop of water to an ocean?

Is it not [i]either[/i]...

all Christ's obedience, or all mine?

all of Christ's faith, or all of mine?

all of Christ's infinite goodness and worth before Almighty God, or it is all of mine, whatever [i]goodness[/i] and [i]worth[/i] that may be?

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth. In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." -Jeremiah 23:5-6

How could it be both?

2007/4/17 12:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy