Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Veiling

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
danshet

PA

Veiling

Greetings!

The posts on the woman's veiling have been very interesting to read.

My wife and I were both raised in churches where women could not be baptized or be a member of the church without wearing a veiling or head covering. We had rules as to how they had to be made and worn. There was so much emphasis on the outside not only in the veiling but in other outward practices, so that in a subtle way inward things were overlooked. There was more focus on church tradition than on Biblical teaching. We left the church we were married in and became a part of a small church where the focus was on loving God with all our hearts and obeying the teachings of scripture. That was more than 20 years ago. The Lord has lovingly and gently led us into a new covenant relationship with Him where our main focus is on the heart. In our old church, some sisters would never have considered going without a head covering, yet they did not "honor" their husbands.

Like the Pharisees we can become so exacting and legalistic that we forget the inside of the cup. God is always more concerned about the heart. Jesus taught us to be concerned about our hearts. It is much more important for a woman to be kind, loving, and submissive than to wear a covering. A woman's tongue reveals the condition of her heart much more than a head covering.

I have a very godly wife that "honors" me as her "head" and she has been praying about this "head covering" teaching for the last couple years, honestly asking the Lord for direction in her life as to how to wear it, when to wear it, etc. Her desire is to practice it in obedience to scripture and not because of a tradition of man. After having worn a veiling all the time for years because of our upbringing, she has only in the last month begun to wear it as the Bible says in 1 Cor 11:5 while praying or prophesying, and to honor to her head (husband).

I have believed this for quite a few years, yet I wanted the Lord to lead my wife in a personal way about this teaching.

God's blessings to you all,
Dan

2007/4/16 10:59Profile
myfirstLove

Re: Veiling

Dan, thank you for sharing. I am in total agreement with you. I have shared on s.i. how God has done a inward cleansing in me a while back and it seems this year He's working on my outward appearance. Yes, ahwile back I use to wear a head covering because of tradition of man and so I quit wearing it because it become a burden to me, more to please men and not God and also I was too into myself that a head covering was an embarrasement to me and thats why it was more burdensome because The "I" was big in my life.

But this time it is different! I'm wearing it in obedience to God, understanding His government and appreciating His order and I sense much freedom in wearing the covering (because Jesus is above the "I")!

Lisa

2007/4/16 12:05Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Lisa wrote:

Quote:
But this time it is different! I'm wearing it in obedience to God, understanding His government and appreciating His order and I sense much freedom in wearing the covering (because Jesus is above the "I")!

This reminds of of a quote a minister shared: "Spiritual maturity is reached when obedience to God and his word becomes a joy!" Loving God takes the drudgery out of obedience.

ginnyrose

2007/4/19 21:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy