SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1st John Contradicts Itself

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Rookie said:

Quote:
John declares that this maturity comes with time and is not instantenous...

Brother forgive me, but I agree with you. I don't know what your rebutting.

Philip said:
Quote:
The old man mind and it memories of the spirit of Satan does not change over night

Again, I agree with you Brother. Did I say something on the contrary regarding this change? I don't remember posting anything that suggests instant mind overhauls.

It's a gradual process, but thankfully I know the answers concerning perfection. I know what it means to count it all joy when you fall into diverse kinds of temptations. And it all starts at being meek and lowly.

God Bless You,

2007/4/17 14:54
LiveforGod

Re: 1st John Contradicts Itself

I willtry to explai this issue the best way that I posibly can.I will say that I have not gone to any teological school,but that I belibe that the best teacher of teology is the Holy Bilbe.The proper introduction would be a simle question;do you belibe there is a Heven and a Hell? I suppose that your answer would most likeley be that tou do.The following question would be;What are the requirements to enter into them?The answer in sin and Holines.Holines is the oposite of sin and the Lord said in Hebrew 12:14 that no man shall see the Lord without it.We are living in an age of cheap Christianity;where just by saying a prayer once and by going to meeting once in a while we are considered saved.If we read what the apostle Paul said in Romans chapter six we could find our selfs shocked by what he said in verses 1,2,6.I like verse six because it talkes about what being born again mean.It means Crusifying the old dirty persons we where and to live a holy life;not being servants of sin. In verse two he says:"how shall we,that are dead to sin live any longer therein".Peolple today seem to confuse not sining to "being perfect".The true definition of sin is that sining requires our own will(just like Eve sined by her will).My dear friend we sin because we want to sin(nobody puts a gun in our heads).Thats where the Lord comes with salvation and through it he changes our will and from that moment foward we start to hate what God hates and to love those things wich God loves.Reffering to that verse in 1 jhon 1:10 wich says:"If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar,and hisword is not in us".There is nothing of a contradiction with 1 Jhon 3:9.What that verse is saying is tht we have sinned in the past.The truth is that when we come to God his seed in us enables us to live a holy life without having to serve sin.My dear beloved the Lord can set you ree from the bondage of sin if tou come to make him LOrd in all aspects of your life.I have writen all of this Knowing that some will not like it, but the truth is that the light will always shine in the Darkeness dispise of our consent.May God use this for your good is my deep and honest prayer.

2007/4/17 17:53Profile

Re:

Brother/Sister (liveforGod), I am going to correct the grammer for you.

Quote:
I will try to explain this issue the best way that I possibly can. I will say that I have not gone to any theological school, but that I believe that the best teacher of theology is the Holy Bible. The proper introduction would be a simple question; do you believe there is a Heaven and a Hell? I suppose that your answer would most likely be that you do. The following question would be; What are the requirements to enter into them? The answer is sin and Holiness. Holiness is the opposite of sin and the LORD said in Hebrews 12:14 that no man shall see the LORD without it. We are living in an age of cheap Christianity; Where just by saying a prayer once and by going to a meeting once in a while we are considered saved. If we read what the Apostle Paul said in Romans chapter six we could find ourselves shocked by what he said in verses 1,2,6. I like verse six because it talks about what being born again means. It means crucifying the old dirty person we once were and to live a holy life; not being servents to sin. In verse two he says: "How shall we that are dead to sin live any longer therein". People today seem to confuse not sinning to "being perfect". The true definition of sin is that sinning requires our own will (just like Eve sinned by her will). My dear friend we sin because we want to sin (nobody puts a gun to our head). Thats where the LORD comes with salvation and through it He changes our will and from that moment forward we start to hate what God hates and to love those things which God loves. Referring to that verse in 1John 1:10 which says: "If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us". There is nothing of a contradiction with 1John 3:9. What that verse is saying is that we have sinned in the past. The truth is that when we come to God His SEED in us enables us to live a holy life without having to serve sin. My dearly beloved, the LORD can set you free from the bondage of sin if you come to make Him LORD in all aspects of your life. I have written all of this knowing that some will not like it, but the truth is that the light will always shine in the darkness despite our consent. May God use this for your good is my deep and honest prayer.

2007/4/17 19:27
DesiJr

Re:

LiveforGod:

Thank you for your response...it is greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, I do not think that 1John or any part of the bible contradicts itself.

I was offering my explaination of what I understand 1John to mean thus far.

1John 1 ...John was referencing sin concerning the Law of Moses

1John 3 ... John was referencing sin concerning the law of Loving God and Loving others.

Thats it...no contradiction...I was writing because of the apparent contradiction but was offering my interpretation for the members of SI's consideration.

That's it, simple as that.

2007/4/17 19:34Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother DesiJr wrote:

Quote:
So to answer your question..confessing your sin even after you've been born again is a must because it is a witness to God by the Spirit that you are still dependant on HIM to keep you righteous before the eyes of God.

I see it as the Spirit witnesses to us, how we sin, and that because the Spirit judges us, we therefore know what to confess. As we learn of His righteous judgements in our lives we are taught about His righteousness.

Psalm 119
27 Make me understand the way of Your precepts;
So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.
30 I have chosen the way of truth;
Your judgments I have laid before me.
31 I cling to Your testimonies;
O LORD, do not put me to shame!

God Bless
Jeff

2007/4/18 1:23Profile
rookie

Re:

Compliments wrote:

Quote:
Brother forgive me, but I agree with you. I don't know what your rebutting.

I am sorry for causing you to search for something that i myself can not put into words properly. It is not my intention to correct you for anything you wrote.

We have in various threads discussed the book of 1 John. In my thoughts I have tried to share how there are no contradictions in this book. I have tried to share how there is no need to balance one verse in light of another.

I have failed to clearly write about, if the truth is in us, we will know that we sin. The entirety of Scripture teaches this precept. I also want to state that my view is not one where I see this situation as a hopeless one, and that this view is not meant to become a crutch on which to lean. A crutch that gives us an excuse to continue sinning.

I see that Scripture teaches that for those who follow the voice of God, for those who live by faith, these will experience how God heals them from the corruption that was originally bred in them by the father of this world, Satan.

One will always in this life, suffer the corruption of the old man, and that this experience will actually lead one to understand that the Holy Spirit is given to show us this corruption and then to show us how He delivers us from the bondage of that corruption. We learn step by step each day about the ways He liberates us from our former life. This is the substance from which joy of fellowship with our Lord springs forth. His presence in our life increases and that causes our self to diminish. We find all strength comes from our Lord, and all futility comes from the old man.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/4/18 1:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy