SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : When was the last time you were intimate with your Husband?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

When was the last time you were intimate with your Husband?

Psa 24:3 Who shall go up into the hill of Jehovah? Or who shall stand in His holy place?
Psa 24:4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, and has not sworn deceitfully.
Psa 24:7 Lift up your heads, O gates; and be lifted up, O everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? Jehovah strong and mighty, Jehovah mighty in battle.
Psa 24:9 Lift up your heads, O gates; even lift up, O everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? Jehovah of Hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.

Hi Guys
Are you intimate with the Lord ? What does it mean to be intimate with Jesus? We, as husbands and wives, know what it means to be intimate with our spouses. If we did not come together "as one flesh," then what would we be ? Roommates? Its the becoming one that truly makes us husbands and wives. Please do not mistake what I am saying, I am not talking about sex, although the act itself is part of the intimate equation. Yet, how many of us know that there can be sex without intimacy?

I believe that men, especially, seek for intimacy through sex. A mans need for intimacy may actually be greater than a woman's although it is commonly thought of in reverse. And it is because of his desperate need for intimacy that he often tries to fill this void with sex, yet, as we know, God made man in His image and God said that it was very good. God made man to fellowship with Him and to walk with Him. Israel is often referred to in the feminine. Indeed we see in Hosea that God looks at Israel as an unfaithful wife and Hosea's life is a horrific example of our own infidelity towards God. The New Testament Church is also referred to as "The Bride of Christ." We cannot get away from the fact that there is a husband and wife relationship between us and God, He is the Husband, we, men and all, are the bride. I believe that it is this concept that men truly struggle with. One of the aspects of marriage and lovemaking is that of surrender and submission and this is in no way a negative statement. And so, if we as men are to be intimate with Jesus, then there must be submission and surrender, this is truly the key to a most intimate relationship with our God.
Too many men fail to realize that intimacy is proximity to God in our conscious mind and spirit. If I travel home to visit Scotland, if am in a far of land, would it be possible for me to be intimate with my wife? No. Do I still have a wife? Of course. Now I hear you men say that God is everywhere and that we are always close to God. Technically that is true, theologically that is true, that is surely an abstract truth that no one could argue with for God is surely omnipotent. Yet, let me ask you this, are you married to a technicality? Are you wedded to a theology? Is your relationship with Jesus an abstract truth? No, we are one with the person of Jesus. He is real, he is no mere philosophy.

If you do not experience this real relationship in which feelings are a vital part, then there will be no true motivation to establish and maintain a healthy relationship with God. If your Christianity rests solely upon doctrine, theology and abstract truth then it will not survive. That is why it is not about keeping the law, for if it was you would surely fail, it is about submission and surrender which leads to intimacy and victory over the flesh. Its not about being good its about those who "walk in the Spirit." Walking in the Spirit means walking in intimacy with God. Walking in the flesh is about walking outside of this intimacy. Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

When we are walking outside of intimacy we are not walking in power but we are walking in defeat. Now, there will be levels of defeat and it will not always be apparent to those who see us from the outside, but we know ourselves and we know the innermost thoughts and what truly lies at the center of our hearts and of course the Lord knows. And it is right there where the battle lies. Consider how precious and important David thought about this very subject after committing adultery and murder and being exposed by the prophet Nathan.

Psalm 51:Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your loving-kindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions. Wash me completely from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I confess my transgressions; and my sin is ever before me. Against You, You only, have I sinned, and done evil in Your sight; that You might be justified when You speak, and be clear when You judge. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts; and in the hidden part You shall make me to know wisdom. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which You have broken may rejoice. Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.

So we see that the principals of submission and surrender which leads to humility by David. He identifies the this truth " You desire truth in the inward parts." And also "Cast me not away from your presence oh Lord and take not your Holy Spirit from me."

Let me ask you this day, do you feel "cast away," from His presence? Does it feel like the Holy Spirit has been taken from you? Let me ask this question also, do you have "truth in the inward parts?" What is it that is keeping you from an intimate relationship with the Lord or being restored to an intimate relationship with the Lord? Whatever it is, is it worth it?

In John Chapter eleven is the familiar story of Lazarus being raised from the dead. There is not one part of this story that happened by accident. This would be one of the major authenticating miracles by Jesus. We know that Jesus could have saved Lazarus when the messenger brought word to him, He had done that before, distance was no obstacle to Jesus in the realm of the miraculous. Also we know that Jesus very deliberately took His time to get there. He was only about a day and half away and yet He waited two whole days before even beginning His journey and as a result Lazarus had been dead about four days when Jesus finally arrived.

First of all He is confronted by Martha, and remember this was a special family whom Jesus loved much. Where was Mary? Did she stay behind because of the depth of her pain? Was this woman who loved to spend time with her Lord , more hurt because she had been so close to Him and now He had seemingly let her down in this , the darkest of times? Martha says "If you had only been here my brother would not have died." To this Jesus gives Martha a great revelation "I am the Resurrection and the Life! He who believes in Me, though he die, yet he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this? " Jesus asks Martha to confirm that she believe this.

When Mary finally comes and makes the same accusation to Jesus , at His feet, a familiar place to her, Jesus says nothing but "He weeps." How sad for the Lord that even those closest to Him, those who loved Him with such depth, could , in effect, accuse Him of not caring. Have you ever made a similar accusation to Jesus? I know I have, oh precious Lord forgive me. May all the tears I shed at your feet be tears of love and devotion and faith, may it always be so Lord. If we truly believe in the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and the lover of our souls should we not refrain from putting that which is most precious to us behind a great stone. Have we locked away that most intimate part of us? Has that what is most precious to us, and most precious to our Lord, been buried behind a great stone of disappointment or sin? Has the garden of our hearts, the most intimate place become a grave, a place of death and darkness? Have we robed ourselves in death clothes ? Have we covered up painful unrealized expectations in layers of flesh, in layers of death?

If Mary and Martha truly believed in their Lord, in Him who is the resurrection and the life , would they have buried their brother? Yet what would people say if they did not? Does not common sense and prevailing wisdom tell them that their brother would simply decay? Do you truly believe in all that the Lord has promised? What have you placed in the grave of your heart? What great stone blocks out the light in your life? Are you tired of dwelling in that place of death? Is there not a longing to come into the glorious light of life?Will you not have this stone roll away and be joined to the Lord of Hosts in all His glory? Can you hear Him call? Today He is calling out to you, His heart is a heart that longs to be intimate with yours and as long as it dwells behind the stone it cannot be so. He is calling today "Roll the Stone Away!" Can you hear Him call to you ? Deep calls out to deep. He cries "Come forth and live" Will you let the stone be rolled away today?

There was a time that I lay dying on the bloody battlefield of life. I was broken and mortally wounded. Life and all its many trials had injured me, so much so that I could not move. How many ladies have dreamt of their prince charming , their knight in shining armor and how many of us know that the world kinda laughs at this notion. As a man, I am not ashamed to say that Jesus is my knight in shining armor. As I lay there on the battlefield of life, mortally wounded, out of the mist and smoke of the battle there came the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords on a white horse. Very deliberately the horse comes towards me. Jesus dismounts and picks me up and puts me on the back of His horse and He mounts up and He takes me from that place of death. And suddenly my meaningless life has meaning. For the first time in my life I had worth.May I always be found weeping with gratitude and love at the feet of my Jesus.

Brothers and sisters, let us do our all that He may create in us a clean heart and that we may not be cast away from His presence. Let the Holy Spirit of intimacy be restored to us this day that we may walk in the beauty of Holiness........................................Frank

Psa 24:8 Who is this King of glory? Jehovah strong and mighty, Jehovah mighty in battle.
Psa 24:10 Who is this King of glory? Jehovah of Hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.

When hell, engaged lifts up her roar,
When Satan stops my path before,
When fiends rejoice and wait my end,
When legion'd hosts their arrows send,
Fear not, my soul, but hurl at hell
Thy battle-cry- Immanuel !
Spurgeon

2007/4/14 21:24
Nile

Raleigh, NC

Re: When was the last time you were intimate with your Husband?

Amen, brother, thank you so much for this.

2007/4/14 21:51Profile

Re: When was the last time you were intimate with your Husband?

Frank, that is so bautiful, and challenging!

Hope you don't mind but I have sent it to a friend. She had a decision to make, and confused someone from her church (who probably should have understood) "I asked my husbands, and they both said it was OK". Of course she meant her earthly husband, and the Lord.

Thank you, maybe it should also be in the "meditations" section...

Jeannette

2007/4/15 11:19

Re:

Please feek free to forward to anyone that it may bless Jeanette...........Frank

2007/4/15 18:26

Re:

thanks so much...the Lord bless you....i have just recently experienced this.....oh What a beauty our Lord is when He comes...to pick up His children from their weakness

2007/4/16 7:08

Re:

I am very glad you have just experienced this intimacy.............may the Lord bless you......................Frank

2007/4/16 12:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy