Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Bye bye black leather pants

Quote:
modesty....purity....lady....

God bless you sisters. What a beautiful and heartwarming encouragement... You brought a tear to my eye and sweetness to the heart.

2007/4/13 22:31Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Don't give in to the Pressure

this so true!
I lived in Flagstaff when I came to Christ.
The women of God had put into my life held a high standard of modesty. But I moved to Tuscon and I had no friends. Although I called my friends. I was around those who had lower standard of modesty, yet after time I fall into the pressure of lower my modesty. But It is time for a cleaning, but this time I feel God got even deeper then when I was in Flagstaff. we can't fall into the pressure, but turn to Christ and obey.

In his love
charlene

2007/4/13 22:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

by myfirstLove on 2007/4/13 16:42:37

Thank you for sharing! Very encouraging to hear!

I did the same thing not too long ago and God used s.i. on me too!

I threw all my jeans away and anything that was form fitting, tight, and sylish looking.

I am now wearing loose long skirts to the ankle.

Much blessings, Lisa

your post is what made me stop and think,
after reading your post on pants I started thinking why pants were so bad. Although part of me already knew. I wore pants under my skirts I was dancing and that's what started it. But I still wore some pants. when I came to Tucson I was given a bags of clothes. In it was jeans, so I started wearing jeans all the time. anyways after
thinking about it. I went to the college campus to pray. When I sitting there looking at all the women walking by, it hit me. It is not worth IF even one stumble because of me, do I want comfort or Holiness? SO thank you for your encouragment. I AM blessed by you.
in his love
charlene

2007/4/13 22:48Profile
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Re:

I am too!
It is good to hear other women are convicted on this too. I'm eventually going to go to all skirts, except a few loose pants, also.
I went back and forth between modesty and immodesty because I felt pressured, but the more I learn about Christian womanhood, the more I feel like clothing myself in modesty and ladylike behavior.

2007/4/13 23:59Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Bless you, Charlene.

God has encouraged me much thru s.i. thats for sure!

I really love the people here, though many cannot tell, I really think about and pray for people here.

I really thank God for this site. My husband is a witness to how much s.i. has helped me grow more in the Lord.

Its sooo encouraging to hear and be with sisters who are reaching the same goal- Jesus! Holiness unto the Lord! Oh Lord may you be so glorified thru your daughters!

2007/4/14 2:39Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Oh Lord may you be so glorified thru your daughters

Praise God!

May we live be to Holy.
and we need each other to encourage
each other.
in his love
charlene

2007/4/16 23:51Profile

Re:

You are beautiful in the eyes of the Lord... I agree with whoever said nothing is more lovely on a woman than modesty. My wife went thru the same process. She was saved, then I was saved because of her witness to me, and shortly after that she went thru this as well... and she is way more beautiful to me in modest apparel than before.

Krispy

2007/4/17 9:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy