Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : CANADA APOLOGIZES

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

CANADA APOLOGIZES

Saw this on a website.

Canadians Apologize To World For Pushing Legalization of Homosexual "Marriage"

OTTAWA, April 11, 2007 (LifeSiteNews.com)

Canadians who recognize the destruction to the traditional family which Canada abetted throughout the world have issued an apology on behalf of all Canadians to world leaders and peoples.

The apology to be delivered to world leaders and to be brought to the World Congress of the Family taking place in Warsaw, Poland, apologizes for the negative effects that Canada's same-sex "marriage" legalization has been having on other nations.

"We are," says the statement going out as a letter of apology, "grieved and troubled" by the damage done by Canada.

One of the groups involved in the measure, REAL Women of Canada explains: "It is necessary to apologize to the people of the world for the difficulties caused in other countries by the legislation in Canada which permits same-sex marriages."

Canada Family Action Coalition's (CFAC) Executive Director Brian Rushfeldt added, "In today's global village it has become apparent that certain people will use or misue one country's legislation for their own purpose in another country...This is not acceptable...

This isn't the end of the article, but I guess you get the picture.

God's ways are always right.

God bless.

2007/4/13 10:45Profile

Re: CANADA APOLOGIZES

This is family groups in Canada, and not the Canadian government, correct? You know... the Canadian government who denies the basic freedom of speech and exercise of religion by arresting preachers on hate speech charges for simply preaching what the Bible says concerning homosexuality...

Well... Canada isnt all bad. I mean, they gave the world Hockey.

Krispy

2007/4/13 10:57

Re:

Here is the website of the group who is speaking up. http://www.restoremarriagecanada.ca/restoremarriagecanada/

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the Canadian government.

Here is also an article from [url=http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55165]Worldnetdaily[/url].

2007/4/13 11:06
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Krispy,

There should have been a question mark at the end of the title.

When was the last time any government apologised about anything?

As for hockey...

God bless.

2007/4/13 11:42Profile
timmyspitz

Cottonwood, Arizona

Re:

I as a Canadian(though living in the states) would also like to apologize on behalf of the believers of our country for the foolishness of the "toronto blessing"

2007/4/13 12:17Profile
martymill

Montreal, Canada

Re:

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. "
1 Corinthians 1:21

I am grateful for the good things I have received from the Toronto blessing.

Martin

2007/4/13 12:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
When was the last time any government apologised about anything?

Actually, here in NC our legislature has officially apologized this week for slavery and Jim Crow laws.

They did it on behalf of the government of NC, and it's citizens.

I'm sorry, but altho slavery was a travesty that should have never happened... I'm not apologizing to anyone for something [b]I[/b] had nothing to do with.

But I think it's ok that our state has acknowledged the wrong that was done.

Krispy

2007/4/13 13:02
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Well... Canada isnt all bad. I mean, they gave the world Hockey.

And a pretty good pizza topping... :-P

Sorry, couldn't resist!

2007/4/13 14:56Profile

Re:

Quote:
You know... the Canadian government who denies the basic freedom of speech and exercise of religion by arresting preachers on hate speech charges for simply preaching what the Bible says concerning homosexuality...

We still have the right to say anything against homosexuality in Canada. Our Newspapers editorial are filled with the debate, our radio talk shows talk for and against the issue.

2007/4/13 15:15
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Take off 'eh!

2007/4/13 15:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy