SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: Maranatha Baptist Church - A Day of Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

PreachParsly wrote:
If I go, I will stay Friday night. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going or not.

That would be great if you could come. I was just wanting a general idea of how many might stay at the camp so I can tell the camp director how many cabins to have ready.

Quote:
sermonindex:
Anyone else on SI is welcome to attend this time of prayer for revival and the nation. May God move mightly and do much in our midst.

Amen!!!

2007/5/4 12:27
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Sadly I had some troubles at the border so I will not be attending this conference. But I do encourage all the saints on SI that are near there to go.

2007/5/6 12:07Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Sadly I had some troubles at the border so I will not be attending this conference. But I do encourage all the saints on SI that are near there to go.

Ah, that's too bad. Your going to have it worked out by the revival conference right?

Is anyone on SI planning on going to this?

2007/5/10 9:55Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Ah, that's too bad. Your going to have it worked out by the revival conference right?

Yes dear brother I will have to prayerfully attempt to have this worked out for the revival conference later this year. Sorry I could not make it.

2007/5/10 13:20Profile

Re: report of God's faithfulness

[i]Blest be the tie that binds our hearts and souls to God…[/i]

Bless God! we had a precious time of prayer Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. It was a time of seeking the face of God for our individual lives, for our families, for our churches, and for God to move in mightily in manifesting His presence.

We started out Friday evening with a precious time of prayer with around seventeen people. Much time was spent invoking the presence of God for the following day. On Saturday we had most of our church family there plus a few from Texas, Arkansas (praise God that Josh Parsley was able to join us!), and St. Joseph, MO. We started the morning session with reading the first six chapters of Acts together, and then we went to our knees and had a time of confession and praise mingled with intercession for different areas. After lunch we joined back together and watched a video by Doug Small entitled ‘Entertaining God’, the main emphasis was on entering into intimacy with God in prayer. Then we broke up into families and each family sought God together. After that everyone was on their own to pray alone or in small groups. We ended off the evening with praise and worship to our great God.

Oh God is good. This afternoon after church we ladies gathered together and had a most precious time in prayer crying out to God for different needs. There was one thing in particular I was burdened about and God really did do a work, praise God! I can testify that we do serve a prayer-answering God! Alleluia! It’s hard to describe the rejoicing in my heart this afternoon as I realized how He had worked in answer to prayer.

There was such sweetness amongst us as believers, and I know that was because we were praying together. Fellowship that is just centered around food and fun just isn’t the same as fellowship that comes out of prayer. It really is vital for the spiritual health of a church to pray together.

Every church should have days like this, days where we seek God, have fellowship that is centered on Christ, and rejoice in our God. To be together on your knees confessing sin and seeking God corporately is powerful and uniting.

I hope this is just the beginning of such days and weekends for us. And I pray that the burden to pray spreads across the world with Christians uniting all over in true, intercessory prayer.

One of the tragic cries in Isaiah is “This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring forth.” Isa. 37:3. God has burdens that His people need to pray through. How many times has a great work of God been aborted because of a lack of praying through? Oh, we need to pray, and not just pray, but pray through! Are we willing to have God place His burden on us and travail until it is finished? Are we willing to give up hours, days, and even food to pray and weep? Are we willing to become vessels that God can burden with the things that burden His heart?

I hope that those who joined us at the mercy seat from different places in this world were also blessed in interceding at the Throne of Grace.

From every stormy wind that blows,
From every swelling tide of woes,
There is a calm, a sure retreat;
’Tis found beneath the mercy seat.

There is a place where Jesus sheds
The oil of gladness on our heads;
A place than all besides more sweet;
It is the blood bought mercy seat.

There is a scene where spirits blend,
Where friend holds fellowship with friend;
Though sundered far, by faith they meet
Around one common mercy seat.

There, there, on eagles’ wings we soar,
And time and sense seem all no more;
And heaven comes down, our souls to greet,
And glory crowns the mercy seat.

Oh, let my hand forget her skill,
My tongue be silent, cold, and still,
This bounding heart forget to beat,
If I forget the mercy seat!
[url=http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/f/r/fromevsw.htm]source[/url]

2007/5/13 23:06
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
(praise God that Josh Parsley was able to join us!)

Yes, praise God I was able to go. I really enjoyed the times of prayer and fellowship with everyone.

Quote:
It’s hard to describe the rejoicing in my heart this afternoon

Ah, yes, I can definitely feel a renewed passion for prayer today because of the weekend of prayer. I will be praying that the prayer meeting at our church will begin to grow. I hope that I do not lose the renewed passion to pray that the Lord has seemed to have given me. It seems that I have slowly slipped into having a stronger desire for "doctrinal correctness" or a study of the word so that prayer has slowly slipped from the forefront of my life. "Beware you are not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge."- John Wesley

"A man may study because his brain is hungry for knowledge, even Bible knowledge. But he prays because his soul is hungry for God."- Leonard Ravenhill
With so many books and resources of great men it is easy to be swallowed up in books and knowledge. God help me not to ever fall into that again.

Quote:
Every church should have days like this, days where we seek God, have fellowship that is centered on Christ, and rejoice in our God. To be together on your knees confessing sin and seeking God corporately is powerful and uniting.

A thousand amens to that!

2007/5/13 23:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying

Thank you sister! How wonderful to hear all this and thank you for stirring even that which I also know to be true, that Josh brought forth;

Quote:
It seems that I have slowly slipped into having a stronger desire for "doctrinal correctness" or a study of the word so that prayer has slowly slipped from the forefront of my life.

Perhaps it's not the doctrinal side that would have the drifting ... just drifting nonetheless, from those real set aside focused times that I know without a doubt that I ought to be ... [i]about my Father's business[/i]. It's begun again Praise God, but how wonderful to hear of all this.

2007/5/14 0:10Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Perhaps it's not the doctrinal side that would have the drifting ... just drifting nonetheless, from those real set aside focused times that I know without a doubt that I ought to be ... about my Father's business.

True, just drifting. Probably what I should have said is that I was allowing a hunger for knowledge in general to override the hunger for God Himself.

Let us not neglect God. If we don't neglect Him, surely all these other things will be "added" to our life.

2007/5/14 14:48Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Praying

Quote:
Probably what I should have said is that I was allowing a hunger for knowledge in general to override the hunger for God Himself

Seems it can be just about anything doesn't it? Even after posting and harping and on and on about the need for prayer, the power thereof ... To find myself wondering how it was just a slow erosion even while I was conscious of it ... right back to that ...

[i]"How I blocked Him here, and checked Him there,[/i]"

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16707&forum=35&36]Isn't Jesus wonderful![/url]

2007/5/14 15:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy