SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : EVENT: Maranatha Baptist Church - A Day of Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 EVENT: Maranatha Baptist Church - A Day of Prayer

Saints,

I am going to be attending this day of prayer and I encourage anyone else in the area to come out and spend a day in intercession for revival in the land of America and beyond!

====

[b]Maranatha Baptist Church[/b]

“A prayerless man is proud and independent, and any church that neglects corporate prayer is sadly no better.

Only God's humble and needy children take the time to pray.

Everyone else is just going through the motions and naively trusting in their own strength!” –David Smithers

For those with a burden to pray…

On May 11th at 7pm we will tentatively be meeting at one of our church family’s homes to pray and seek the face of God. There is the possibility of watching a video message on prayer. If a large amount of people come we will relocate to the camp which is nearby.

On May 12th at Baptist Hill Assembly Camp we will have a day of prayer.

Here is a tentative schedule:

7:00am - 8:30am – Early Prayer

9:00am – 12:00pm – Prayer

12:00pm – 1:30pm – Break

1:30pm – 3:00pm – Prayer

3:00pm – 4:00pm - Break

4:00pm – 5:30pm – Prayer

5:30pm – 7:30pm – Break

7:30pm – 9:00pm – Prayer

There will be times of corporate prayer and small group prayer. The focus will be on revival, our churches, our nation, lost souls, missions, and any other burdens that God lays on our hearts to intercede for. There may also be some singing and sharing time.

For those who want to spend the night Friday or Saturday night there is lodging available at Baptist Hill. The cost is $8 a night per person.

If you have any other questions please contact Don Courville at 417-864-3049 or email [email protected]

Directions to Baptist Hill Assembly Camp:

From the east (Springfield) on I-44, take exit 46 (Mount Vernon), turn north (right) on Hwy 39. Stay on Hwy 39 through Mount Vernon to Junction Hwy 39 north, (Not Business 39). Turn north (right), Go approx. ¼ mile, turn west (left) on Hwy V. Go approx. 4 miles to main entrance to camp on the left.

From the west (Joplin) on I-44, take exit 38 and turn north on 97. Go approx. 3 miles, turn east (right) on F.R. 2110. Stay on 2110 for 3.5 miles to the camp on the right.

2007/4/12 19:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: EVENT: Maranatha Baptist Church - A Day of Prayer

Quote:
“The men that will change the colleges and seminaries here represented are the men that will spend the most time alone with God…It takes time for the fires to burn. It takes time for God to draw near and for us to know that He is there. It takes time to assimilate His truth. You ask me, How much time? I do not know. I know it means time enough to forget time.” - John R. Mott

“To arouse one man or woman to the tremendous power of prayer for others, is worth more than the combined activity of a score of average Christians.” - A. J. Gordon

"How terrible is the cost of robbing God of time for prayer. When we rob God of time for quiet, we are robbing Him of ourselves. It is only in the quiet that we can really know Him and know ourselves, and be sure that we give ourselves back to Him. Oh, for God's sake, do not risk keeping the windows of Heaven closed by robbing God of time." (Keswick 1946) – Gordon M. Guinness

"Prayer alone will overcome the gigantic difficulties which confront the workers in every field." – John R. Mott

"Satan does not care how many people read about prayer if only he can keep them from praying. When a church is truly convinced that prayer is where the action is, that church will so construct its corporate activities that the prayer program will have the highest priority." - Paul E. Billheimer

"Prayer does not enable us to do a greater work for God. Prayer is a greater work for God." - Thomas Chalmers

"Let me burn out for God. After all, whatever God may appoint, prayer is the great thing. Oh, that I may be a man of prayer!" - Henry Martyn

2007/4/12 19:08Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

Oh, this is definetly the type of gathering I love and so hard to find a group to devote much time to prayer!

I really want to join, but not sure if i will be able too. If not, I will join in spirit!

2007/4/12 19:13Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm considering it. I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.

If anyone else is going, please let us know.

2007/4/12 20:38Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

I too can pray on that day.that is a Friday here.
I can't wait.
Time in prayer is never wasted time
in his love
charlene

2007/4/12 20:41Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm considering it. I'm about 2 1/2 hours away.

If anyone else is going, please let us know.

Brother,

I would love to visit with you and fellowship. Eli Brayley and myself will be driving back across the states on the way back up to Victoria , Canada. Perhaps we can connect at that time to do some ministry and have fellowship also.

2007/4/12 20:43Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Yes, that would be great. Praise God!

2007/4/13 11:17Profile

Re:

I am looking forward to this day of prayer. We are starting out the evening of the 11th at 7pm at the camp with a very powerful video message on prayer by Doug Small. We will follow it with a time of intercessory prayer.

If anyone is planning on coming and staying at the camp Friday or Saturday night please let me know.

I was blessed and encouraged the other day as I read an article by Oliver Price (Bible Prayer Fellowship). Here are a few snippets from the article:

[i]"Prayer connects the church with the Lord Jesus Christ. No other religious leader can do it. He alone is able to fill His church with His own life and power, take control of it and run it from heaven. We all need prayer meeting for unity revival, evangelism and worship.

'The church is dying on its feet because it is not living on its knees,' the sign on a neighborhood church proclaims."[/i]

2007/5/4 11:59
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
If anyone is planning on coming and staying at the camp Friday or Saturday night please let me know.

If I go, I will stay Friday night. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going or not.

2007/5/4 12:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If I go, I will stay Friday night. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going or not.

Brother,

It would be good to see you if you do go. Anyone else on SI is welcome to attend this time of prayer for revival and the nation. May God move mightly and do much in our midst.

2007/5/4 12:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy