SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : " The Beginning Of Sorrows - Is Upon Us " !!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

" The Beginning Of Sorrows - Is Upon Us " !!

The End of the ages is upon - the church world.

Scripture is being fulfilled - every day around us

Indeed The time is at hand - and time is (SHORT) !

Therefore It behoves every single one of us that is in Christ ... to [Trim their Lamps], and to remain alert, and continue stedfast in the faith.

Are we awake (or) are we asleep ???

The very consummation of the ages is upon us (IMO)
so are we then discerning the signs the times ? and the lateness of the hour ? do not current news trends (brethren) point to the soon -and- very emminent return of our Lord and saviour (Jesus Christ) ?

What about the middle east situation and it's ever revolving volatility - and with the [PLO] fued, ever an on-going rage.

What about the current plagues such as -

~~ Aids
~~ Mad cow disease
~~ Sars epedemic
~~ Incurable diseases such as hepatitus (B&C)

With World wide [food and water] shortages - ravaging nations, cities, and towns - this very moment as we read this message !!

Therefore it behoves us to both [watch and pray] that we be "accounted worthy" to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

We have already both seen and witnessed the terrifying events of 9/11 ... the dramatic effects of the Boxing day Tsunami which did culminate the in loss of over 200,000 lives. Add to this the rise of Global Terrorism, our current drug epidemic, a world-wide famine and drought crisis in many nations ....and the rise of A Harlot church - and friends you know of a certainty - that the hour is very late !! and yay - even at the doors.

Brethren These are the days of Lot - and the days of Noe.

Eating and drinking, buying and selling, marrying and giving into marriage, planting and building - Hearts overcharged with surfeiting & drunkeness, iniquity abounding on the streets, with the love of many WAXING cold.

I will now list to you (6) signs of the End-Times

(1)THE RISE OF FALSE CHRISTS AND FALSE PROPHETS: (matt 24:24) A lot has been said on this subject already but i stir up your minds by way of remembrance, though you know these things already.
Now Never before in the climax of history will we see the [volume and turn-over] of false prophets that is on the way [and is on the way] ! But furthermore to that stop and consider the second part of the text - that being the rise of [the false christ's] who will be out in the deserts - and in the secret chambers.

And how that [many] will go after them - thinking them to be [actual christ] but go ye not after them. WE ARE TOLD - AND FOREWARNED IN THE SCRIPTURE.

2)THEY SHALL LAY THEIR HANDS ON YOU AND BEAT YOU:
A world-wide persecution of all true believer's is on the horizon, WHICH will signify one thing ? the soon coming of our King ( glory ) Friends Jesus forewarned us so as to forearm us. Declaring some would be thrown into prisons, yet others before kings and rulers, examination by councils - still others flogged in the synogogues. But it shall to turn to you, for a testimony against them !! But With this promise accompanying that persecution. " I will give you a mouth and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to gainsay, or to resist !! ( Glory ) But by the same token - many shall betray one another and hate one another - and a man's foes ( enemies ) - shall be they of his own household.

(3) FEARFUL SIGHTS AND GREAT WONDERS: Today we have seen the rise, and rise of [Terrorism] with that of the extremist, suspicious minority groups, fanatical cults, and sectarian religious violence.
Many a terrorist will boast that he or she belong to these extreme fringe radical groups, which plot and scheme to take away innocent lives - claiming to be "martyrs" for a "sacred" cause. ( end quote ) But consider also from the book of Revelation how that the Seventh seal, and with particular attention to the fourth horse - that is known as the "pale horse" of DEATH and HELL - and how this could very well be [a symbol] of our current global crisis and the subsequent -RISE- thereof of Terrorism ( FOOD FOR THOUGHT brethren )

(4)THE HOLY CITY OF JERUSALEM SURROUNDED BY ALIEN HOSTILE ARMIES:

Jesus spoke these words from Luke 21:20 " When ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that desolation thereof is nigh ( you gotta love the king James terminology ). Yes the time is rapidly approaching when Jerusalem shall be "besieged" and [taken captive] by invading hostile Armies - and this shall be accompanied brethren - the ensuing setting up of the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Daniel the prophet - in fulfilment of Bible prophecy. With this [man of Sin] taking up full residency - in the holy city of Jerusalem !!

(5) THESE BE THE DAYS OF VEANGENCE: We are currently living in A dispensational period known as (GRACE) and will continue to enjoy this divine benefit until - the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled - and when this expires then the world will enter into what is biblically known as the time of "WRATH" - with the many outpourings of DIVINE judgement to befall mankind and the earth. Many call this time - the time of "the great tribulation" or the time of "Jacob's trouble"

(6)DEPARTURE FROM THE FAITH - UNTO FABLES:

We see this in great abundance today with one nude doctrine after the another flooding the church of Jesus Christ ( ad- infinitum ). With many being carried about with divers and strange doctrines, Tossed to and fro - by the sleight of men, cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to decieve ! The remedy and anti-dote for this is to have a really solid foundation - and personal walk with the Lord Jesus - and not be over emphasizing "personalities" - no matter how much charm and charisma they might seemingly have and to possess. Be a Berean Christian, use discernment saints, prove all things - hold fast to that which is good - AND TRY THE SPIRITS TO SEE IF THEY BE "OF" ... GOD.

Is it then any wonder then that Jesus told his own disciples - that day on the mount of Olives when he forecast these great events before they will happened ....that men's hearts would fail them for FEAR, and for looking on - those things which are coming on the earth. !!!

:-( :-(

2007/4/12 10:05Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: " The Beginning Of Sorrows - Is Upon Us " !!

All seven of your conditions have been true, in the main, since AD 70. Even No 5 has had several fulfillments already.

It is inevitable that we see things from our own time and place perspectives but we do need to remember that for many of our brethren the times of persecution have swept over the church for centuries.

In the 19th century British Christians thought they were the centre of the world. I hope our American brethren can learn something from our folly.

2007/4/12 10:48Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Don't want to sound apathetic, but the church in general really do not seem to care about the end times.

I don't hear them talking about it.

It all seems to be about blessings etc.

The end times was more talked about when I got saved nearly 25 years ago than it is now, and were closer to Christ return.

For me, all this so called 'global warming', and
early seasonal abnormalities, such as flowers in January, strawberries in winter etc, are just summed up in this scripture.

Matt 24v22, 'And unless those days were shortened
no flesh would be saved, but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

No doubt, we have all noticed how a year now is nothing, or nearly nothing in considering time.

We do need this reminder, before we get caught up in the things of this world. God help us.

Thanks for the article.

God bless.

2007/4/12 10:55Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I too thank you for sharing this. In the passage you quoted about the love of many growing cold it actually is translated from the Greek, the love of most. That is a sad word.

I was a part of the 70's christian movement and we sold property and expected Him to come get us at any moment. It didn't happen as we thought, but we are closer, as you said, to that day now.

The thing that stands out to me here is the USA is the fear on the people. I own a restaurant and you can see it on just about everybody who doesn't walk in Christ. Many who do profess Christ also walk in fear because their lives are not connected with His.

We don't know the day or hour, but surely, also as you said, time seems excelerated. Even if He doesn't come for another five hundred years, our day is today. Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts as they did in the wilderness. This is our hour, what are we doing with it?

I could relate one cataclysmic event after another, equate the harlot with the church, as well as the Laodecian church as well. It is all very clear if we have eyes to see. But it all boils down to just one thing. What manner of people should we be individually seeing all these things are coming to pass?

We better be the wise virgins. We better have our lamps and vessels full and we better pull as many out of the fire as possible. Now! There is too much urgency going forth from so many of God's people. We need to heed these warnings before it is too late. As you said as in the days of Noah, so today, eating, drinking, marrying and giving in marriage until the flood took them all away. Not bad thing in and of themselves, however when a tidalwave is about to crash over you it isn't the smartest time to do these things.

2007/4/12 12:18Profile
MikeH

It's worth thinking about some historical events. The black death in the 14th century is estimated to have killed 75m out of a world population of 300m to 400m, that is about 20% to 25%. In Europe, between 33% and 67% of the population died! AIDS is estimated to have killed 25m since it was discovered in 1981 or about 0.5% of the world population, and 9/11, terrible as it was, killed about 0.001% of the USA population. Times have been much worse!!

Mike

2007/4/12 12:28Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
In the 19th century British Christians thought they were the centre of the world. I hope our American brethren can learn something from our folly.

In a way we have...and we are improving upon it!;-) (We're number 1! We're number 1!) For those Christians outside the U.S. who are not aware of this crucial eschatological signal; the Church's current dispensation is tied to the fate of the United States. If our economy falters or if we lose a war then this world is coming to an end, followed by a new Heaven and a new Earth.* So keep one eye on the New York stock exchange and another on the eastern sky! (Which is alot easier if you stand on the west side of Wall St.)

MC

*Note this does not apply if you are a post-Millennialist.

(edit: my attempt at humor wasn't directed at the poster of this thread... :-) Just my playful reflections of an end times perspective I grew up with in bible belt Virginia.)

2007/4/12 13:00Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

Quote:
All seven of your conditions have been true, in the main, since AD 70. Even No 5 has had several fulfillments already.

So true!

We need to take some time and look at church history and not make some of the same mistakes. Jesus can come at any moment, but not just because things are bad now.

We all need to be ready by abiding in Christ so that that Day will take overtake us as a thief.

2007/4/12 13:59Profile

Re:

Most of this stuff is a matter of perspective. Each era has thought they were in the last times by what they saw as fulfillment of end time prophecy.

For me, the biggest sign is the nation of Israel back in existance. People argue they dont have all the land back, or the temple mount. True... but the fact they are even in existence as a nation is a miracle and sign. No other nation in the history of the world ceased existing and then came back into existence... 2,000 years later.

He is coming soon.

Krispy

2007/4/12 14:46
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Most of this stuff is a matter of perspective. Each era has thought they were in the last times by what they saw as fulfillment of end time prophecy.

No Kidding! People were saying that right after Jesus ascended to Heaven.

Jordan

2007/4/12 15:04Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

Some interesting responses - so thanks for the interest in the post and thread brethren !!

The one thing to keep in mind though if i could respond in the meekness and gentleness of Christ.

Is to cast your mind now over to 2nd Peter and how he ( Peter ) did warn us - that scoffers would come in the LAST DAYS ....saying these words " so where is the promise of his coming then ? " - do not all things continue the same as from the begiining of creation ?

Peter resonds to the cynic and the scoffer: by saying " this they are willingly ignorant of - how the old world in Noah's time swept them all away, and the world [that then] was perished by the waters - forever changing the landscape of "our current world " that we now presently live in !!

Not that i dare call anyone in here a cynic or scoffer - but as i submitted the post - i did call to remembrance what Peter penned in 2nd epistle ! and thought this too must apply to our generation ( that is the cynic and the scoffer ) who say yeah yeah and yadda yadda yadda ...they were saying Jesus would return when i was a boy, and nothing ever changes ....these ones often retort !! ( basically the attitude would be - ive heard it all before and Jesus still hasn't returned to this day )

And posts like this are only "alarmist" type of posts

2007/4/13 0:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy