SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : False Prophets: Isaiah & Jonah??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
vico

Re:

Quote:
But there is absolutely nothing wrong with pointing out false doctrine and defending correct doctrine.

My reason:

If I came on this forum about 10 or 11 years ago, when I was a younger Christian, I would have been heavily influenced by someone like Jesse. He is very zealous for the ministry, and he is courageous in preaching open-air like he does. Simply by looking at what he does, I would have thought that what he was saying must be true. I would have thought, “Hey man he's out there doing it, he must know what he's talking about."

Unfortunately, because his theology is man centered and depends so much upon the strength of man, it would have influenced me in a negative way. I used to read Finney back then. I used to listen to tape after tape of mainly "revival" preachers. (This of course was before the internet...at least in my world)

I lived under condemnation! I had no power to walk with God. It was not until I started reading Charles Spurgeon and hearing the Gospel, that I started getting free. It was not until the ministry that I was under started really preaching about who we are in Christ that I started to walk with God in freedom.

Yes I sought God by myself, but I have learned we are not an island and we do need good teachers (dead or alive) in our lives that lead us in the Word properly.

My point:

I thank God for those that come on here and defend the Truth...Those that defend correct doctrine, without pride or contention. It is necessary, because this forum is accessible world wide and I am sure there are many young believers that come on here and can be very easily influenced.

Maybe i should clarify a few things.

My point was not to say that we shouldn't debate, or even dispute what the truth is. For example, here in the book of Acts;
Stephen, disputing with religious authorities
Ac 6:9 Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called the synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.

The Apostles disputing among themselves
Ac 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

Paul Disputing with all kinds of people
Ac 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God.

Ac 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.

My main point was to say that often we do not read the Word of God as a whole. Rather we learn from men who have split the Word, and we take only the part of it that they represent, resulting in a split body of Christ.

I also did not wish to condone any false teachings, nor was i implying that we should listen to false teachers. And i do firmly believe in defending the truth, and revealing to others lies in false doctrines (just ask the people that know me. i'm usually the first one to stand and object when i see things that are contrary with scripture.)
And i do not agree with what brother Jesse was saying either. but some of the comments that were made, and certain recent events inspired my post.

just making sure all is clear. my post was not intended as a rebuke. but rather as an edification for truth.

Blessings to all.

the least of all,
~vico

2007/4/13 17:57Profile

Re:

Understood...thank you for taking the time to clarify your post.

2007/4/13 18:24

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy