Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : No Buts

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

No Buts

No Buts
Luke 9:59–62
“Follow Me” is still Christ’s word to men.… It is his universal call to men, a call in which He claims authority, and assumes ability to guide, and lead, and deliver; a call in which He insists that those who come after Him must believe in Him and demonstrate their belief by obedience.…
But there are difficulties in the way. There are those … who are supremely conscious of their own need of just that which He claims to be able to supply, who, in their deepest heart intend to follow Him, but … “I will follow Thee, Lord; but.… ” And the following never begins.
My message … is that the claims of Christ are such that everything which comes after the “but” needs to be resolutely put out of the life. There can be nothing after such a “but” as that, which warrants the halting of a soul.… That which comes after that “but” is that against which you must fling all the force of your resolve; for the ending of it, the putting away of it, you must bring to bear your own will and choice, and henceforth say to Him: “I will follow Thee, Lord.” (TWP)
G. Campbell Morgan, The Westminster Pulpit.

Luke 9:57-62
And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. [58] And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. [59] And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. [60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. [61] And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. [62] And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

How many buts do you have? If you are like me, too many. Lord help us to say no to buts. Amen

pastorfrin

"Christ is not valued at all unless he is valued above all." (Au)Augustine

2007/4/9 5:11Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: No Buts

Thank you for these verses, I needed to be reminded of this right now.

Jordan

2007/4/9 17:56Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Jordan,
You are welcome.

You are not alone brother ;-) For such a small word it sure can get in ones way.

pastorfrin

Christ is not valued at all unless he is valued above all. ( Augustine )

2007/4/9 19:04Profile

Re: No Buts

Quote:
How many buts do you have? If you are like me, too many. Lord help us to say no to buts. Amen

Hmmmm, 'However'.... :-P

2007/4/9 20:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy