Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Podcasts

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kaktos

Sydney

Christian Podcasts

To sermonindex.net,
I have noticed that among the list of links to sponsors on this web site is one called "Christian Podcasts". Following this link sends the browser to a page of podcast links, one of which is for Rob Bell's Mars Hill Bible Church. I am no theologian but I have listened to the passioned cries of dozens of pastors using the sermonindex.net web site and it seems to me from what I know of Bell that he is exactly the kind of false teacher that they are trying to guard the body of Christ from. It makes no sense that this web site links to Bells podcast.

Does anyone else here feel similarly?

-Kaktos-

2007/4/5 9:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: Christian Podcasts

Well, I don't use the podcasts, but I have heard of Rob Bell and his teachings, and they are, as I have heard, blasphemous.

If anything, visit his website and see what it says for yourself.

As I said, I have heard he is a false teacher, so I don't involve myself with his ministry.

If he is a false teacher, then he would be out of place with the speakers featured on this website.

Maybe the link can be axed, maybe not, but what ever happens look to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

God bless.

2007/4/5 9:52Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have noticed that among the list of links to sponsors on this web site is one called "Christian Podcasts". Following this link sends the browser to a page of podcast links, one of which is for Rob Bell's Mars Hill Bible Church. I am no theologian but I have listened to the passioned cries of dozens of pastors using the sermonindex.net web site and it seems to me from what I know of Bell that he is exactly the kind of false teacher that they are trying to guard the body of Christ from. It makes no sense that this web site links to Bells podcast.

The website is run by Winkie Pratney's ministry so if you go there and tell them how you feel and that he should be removed they might do it if there are enough complaints. When they first signed up as a "sponsor" they did not have that speaker listed. I will prayerfully consider removing them.

2007/4/5 12:12Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Hold on a second.

Let's not be quick to judge falsely.

From looking at Rob Bell, his teaching style and message is quite different than most of the reformers but that doesn't mean we should 'throw out' Bell's teaching.

Instead like everyone, even the Reformers, see if they lead people to Christ.

If they, Bell included, are doing so. We need to NOT stop him or criticize his work.

Mark 9:38-40

38 John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him [b]because he was not following us."[/b]

39 But Jesus said, [b]"Do not hinder him,[/b] for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me.

40 "For he who is not against us is for us.

Americans, myself included, have become tooooooo critical of everyone. The reason why we have so many denominations, I think, is because of people thinking they have a 'better exogesis' and if people don't follow your understanding of the bible they are 'less holy', or in this case, 'not holy/godly'.

If you want a 'false prophet' go to Miami, there is a guy who thinks he is Jesus. If you want a 'false teacher' go listen to Arnold Murray.

Instead of being 'God's bodyguard' let's be God's intercessor. And then in humility offer our opinion, if we can before the presence of God.

2007/4/6 2:31Profile
Kaktos

Sydney

Re: Christian Podcasts

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=14716&forum=34]sermonindex boards link[/url]
There's an interesting thread I just found.

A danger with Rob Bell is that he uses half truths. The emergent church is hard to pin down on any topic to start with. Add in Bell's new perspective on the rabbi system and it makes for a complex and muddled mix of theology. It can look impressive and even insightful when it comes to liberal topics but it has limited or misunderstood foundation in scripture. Maybe that's why Bell " can't " believe in scripture alone. Doesn't this boil down to saying liberalism has the same spiritual significance as the word of God?

-Kaktos-

2007/4/6 3:37Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

When one looks at the teachings of Rob Bell, that is little more than sex and more sex, he does differ greatly from the reformers, greatly.

Visit his website and see for yourself. Notice what the key word on the wesite is.

With sermonindex the key word is revival.

Concerning scripture, Matt 7v21 says, 'Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kindom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

So I guess promoting sex is God's will?

Matt 7v22 Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?

Well, they sound pretty good, don't they?

Matt 7v23 'And then I will declare to them, I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.

Just because people are in church does not mean they are saved, it just means they now go to church.

Many can testify, including myself, that they went to church for years before becoming Christians.

God bless.

2007/4/6 3:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy