SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : coming with scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MonoKnuck

coming with scripture

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?passage=REV+19&language=english&version=NIV&showfn=on&showxref=on]http://www.biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?passage=REV+19&language=english&version=NIV&showfn=on&showxref=on[/url]

Rev 19:16 Jesus has a tattoo. And a cool one at that. I have a friend with "Disciple" on his back in Hebrew. We do youth and college ministry. By coming to them like Jesus breaking the steretypes of non-biblical law, we earn our right to be heard among them. Just as Matthew Mark Luke and John presented the gospel in different ways to different cultures, so must we. As far as Leviticus goes, Jesus said the law will will remain until its purpose is achieved (mat 5:18). when he died he said "it is achieved." the law about the tattoos was meant to distinguish and separate the isrealites from their surrounding pagan cultures... just like most of the other law. Jesus came to bring us freedom from the law through grace. While we still do submit to NT law, and matters of our own holy spirit driven consciences, God's people's purpose is to integrate with the pagans under the power of the word for the salvation of all who believe, first it was for the jew, then for the gentile.
It is certainly true that our bodies are temples to God. But who are we to to tell God what is disgracing a temple? Take my friend for example. Step back and look at it without your own biases: as a decoration of the temple.

2004/3/23 15:03Profile
MonoKnuck

Re: coming with scripture

eh sorry this was meant to be a reply to the tattoo thread. im new i suck i know.

2004/3/23 15:05Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy