Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermonindex disk space

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jamccor

New Jersey

Sermonindex disk space

This is really for Greg,but I am curious: How much disk space is required to hold all the audio,video,etc hosted on this webspace? I am guessing either terabytes or exabytes?
Thanks
John

2007/4/3 13:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Sermonindex disk space

Quote:
This is really for Greg,but I am curious: How much disk space is required to hold all the audio,video,etc hosted on this webspace? I am guessing either terabytes or exabytes?

Brother,

This post is very timely. I was about to post a request to the sermonindex body for a newer hosting solution. Right now there is [b]130 gb[/b] of sermons on sermonindex.net. There is about 10 gb free. But I think there is a need now to upgrade to a new server solution also. I am also looking for 2-3 saints to have a full backup of sermons at their homes or business. I will make that more detailed post now.

2007/4/3 13:36Profile
jordanamo

Re: Sermonindex disk space

If there's 14,000 sermons, and the avg sermon say is 15-20mb... plus the other stuff hosted, etc., 250GB-300GB is a conservative estimate thus.

Edit: Guess I was a... bit off ; )

Edit2: I think it's way too much to expect people to fully back up the whole site. That would take forever to download especially!

Jordan

2007/4/3 13:36Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Greg,

I have 200 gigs of free space on my bluehost account. It's not a personal server, but I have at least another year left on my contract and I could at least partially back up the sermon index archive.

My website is pardoned.net, it's just my personal rants really.

-Ian

2007/4/3 13:40Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

wow! I was expecting much larger. I have all the Ravenhill sermons and thats almost 5 gb alone.
I would love to find a program that would download this whole website as a backup.

2007/4/3 13:43Profile
jordanamo

Re:

A more feasible solution is to have people backup the sermons that are harder to find or you must buy then somewhere or whatever... probably would fit on a DVD.

Actually, ideally Greg, you should have a backup of this website.

Jordan

2007/4/3 13:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
A more feasible solution is to have people backup the sermons that are harder to find or you must buy then somewhere or whatever... probably would fit on a DVD.

Actually, ideally Greg, you should have a backup of this website.

Jordan,

I do have a backup of the website. I am asking for people that have the facilities to make backups of the archive. I am not asking you to do it brother because obviously it seems you are not able to.

Quote:
I have 200 gigs of free space on my bluehost account. It's not a personal server, but I have at least another year left on my contract and I could at least partially back up the sermon index archive.

Brother,

If you felt led to continue to host that account then that could be a option to have the sermons backed up there also. Let me know what you think brother, you could definetly fit the entire archive of 130 gb if you have 200 gb of space.

2007/4/3 13:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would love to find a program that would download this whole website as a backup.

Brother,

I would ask that people do not try to backup sermonindex with software from the user-end. The only way to help with a backup process is if I ok it and give you the ftp information to simply FTP the 130 gb of sermons to your computer. I am firstly looking for people that have a:

1) LIVE SERVER - that can host the 130 gbs and have it available as a 2nd download server for people to download the sermons from sermonindex. I am even looking for 2 people to be able to do this.

2) ONLINE BACKUP - people that have a server online but are not able to "serve" the content but simply back it up.

3) OFFLINE BACKUP - people that have a removable harddrive or space on their computer to backup the entire 130 gb archive.

I am giving preference to the "LIVE SERVER" situation and am praying for people that can do this. It would be good to have 2 or 3 more servers STREAMING to content so if one link on sermonindex.net is slow people can click on the other link.

2007/4/3 14:04Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I'll volunteer pardoned.net as a live server. I'll rework the frontend over the weekend and give you some login information.

2007/4/3 14:05Profile
jamccor

New Jersey

Re:

That sounds fair. I will only download what I need. I wish I had a server to help you as you have helped me more than you know.
GOD Bless
John

2007/4/3 14:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy