Discussion Forum : General Topics : Interesting Stuff

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
myfirstLove

Interesting Stuff

E.U. Tower of Babel

http://biblelight.net/Tower-of-Babel.htm

"The EU's "Parliament" Building in Strasbourg has been deliberately designed
to represent the Tower of Babel, as per the famous painting by Peter Brueghel, painted in 1563. The logic behind this symbolism is the the EU is seeking to "build the house of Europe" - a task yet to be completed. The building is complete and in use, but is designed to look unfinished, and even has ringed platforms around it to represent scaffolding.[b] When asked by a secular journalist ‘Why the Tower of Babel?’ an EU official replied,
‘What they failed to complete 3000 years ago – we in Europe will finish now.[/b]"

The Vacant Seat Number 666 in the European Parliament
http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=666

Euro money has a woman riding on a beast
http://www.jerryrobinson.org/pax_europa.html

One world Gov. coming together right now.

2007/4/2 18:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Interesting Stuff

[b]The Vacant Seat Number 666 in the European Parliament [/b]

Report on the opening of the Fifth Elected Parliament of Europe in Strasbourg and its occupancy of the new Parliament Buildings.
Ian R.K: Paisley, M.P., M.E.P.

The recently elected Fifth Parliament of Europe met on Tuesday, 20th July, 1999, in its new glass building which cost the taxpayers of Europe an as yet uncalculated sum of billions of Pounds. The first meeting, due to begin at 10.00 a.m., did not start until 10.30 because the amplification system, which cost millions of Pounds, was defective. No doubt more defects in this Crystal Palace will be manifested in the days to come.

Incidentally, the Members of the European Parliament had no say whatsoever in where the building was to be located, what its design was to be, what amount of money was to be spent on it, or how it was to be furnished. The French Government forced it both upon Members of Parliament and upon the Governments of European Union countries, Germany and the United Kingdom being made to foot the exorbitant bill. These two countries are Europe's pay slaves.

The prophetic significance of the European Union has been revealed as the saga unfolds. [See our two articles on "The Conspiracy behind the European Union".] First, the sign which it chose as its symbol was the Woman riding the Beast. This comes from a prophecy in Revelation 17. The depiction of the harlot woman was reproduced on the centenary stamp of the European Union, in a huge painting in the Parliament's new building in Brussels, and by a huge sculpture outside the new E.U. Council of Ministers Office in Brussels. The new European coinage, the Euro, bears the same insignia. The Tower of Babel has been used on the posters emanating from Europe – a truly suggestive prophetic sign.

Now, a massive Crystal Palace tower (officially called the Tower Building) houses the Fifth Parliament of Europe.

It is certainly a building of the Space Age. The seats of its massive hemicycle are designed like the crew seats in the Star Trek space machines. There are 679 of them – but wait for it! While these seats are allocated to Members, one seat remains unallocated and unoccupied. The number of that seat is 666. The relevant section of the seating-plan provided to each Member reads as follows:

655 Couteaux
656 Fitzsimons
657 Hyland
658 Kuntz
659 De La Perrière
660 Marchiani
661 Montfort
662 Quiero
663 Souchet
664 Thomas-Mauro
665 Zissener
666 -------
667 Cappato
668 Turco
669 Bonino
670 Pannella
671 Dupuis
672 Della Vedova
673 Dell'Alba
674 Gorostiaga Atxalandabaso
675 Gobbo
676 Speroni
677 Bossi
678 Formentini
679 Crowley
Revelation 13:18: "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." That is 666.

Today this scripture is being fulfilled before our very eyes.

The Antichrist's seat will be occupied. The world awaits his full and final development. The Lord will destroy him by the spirit of His mouth (the Word of God) and by the brightness of His coming (2 Thes. 2:8). The coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

====

Is this just chance that they have left the seat 666 empty? Is it because of the bad luck associated with the number? ie 13 for apartment buildings? I think it is more than that. As Mr. Paisley alluded to we could be very surely seeing biblical prophecy unfold before our eyes. How should we be living brothers and sisters?

2007/4/2 18:39Profile
jordanamo

Re:

Obviously the 666 seat is vacated because of its stigma like number 13. How would a member feel if his seat was 666? Gimme a break.

Edit: It may be thought of as suspicious that instead of leaving no chair there, their leaving one there, but, I wouldn't make much of it... I don't think that's reserved for the Anti-Christ, probably a joke, intrepret it as ye wish though.

Edit2: It's pretty much secularism/govt laughing at religion/God in their architecture, elevating themselves above God, etc.: nothing new, just more bold.

Jordan

2007/4/2 18:57Profile

Re:

I've heard that about the Parliament building, and a poster of the Tower of Babel. Sounds like open defiance of God to me.

Will He again come down and confuse and scatter them?

[Minor edit] I shudder at the thought that we in the UK may soon be swallowed up completely by this monstrous thing. We are already being ruled from Europe in many things.

Yet the Word of God has to be fulfilled - maybe this is the beginning of how?

Jeannette

2007/4/2 19:07
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

I don't like the idea behind the building...and that statue about the woman on the beast.

...This really makes me proud of Europe. [puke]

2007/4/2 19:10Profile
Compton

Re:

Littlegift,

Quote:
We are already being ruled from Europe in many things.

Being 'over here' and largely uninformed about daily life in Europe and the UK, I was wondering if you could share more of your perspective on this subject.

Thanks,

MC

2007/4/2 19:12Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of any source material for these things? For instance the seats and the qoute in regards to the journalist?

Thanks,

Chris

2007/4/2 19:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

Compton wrote:
Littlegift,

Quote:
We are already being ruled from Europe in many things.

Being 'over here' and largely uninformed about daily life in Europe and the UK, I was wondering if you could share more of your perspective on this subject.

Thanks,

MC

I don't know a whole lot, but at this time its mostly because of hundreds of petty rules, tying every aspect of life up in red tape so we can't move.

Several years ago for example, they brought in the rule that we all had to go from pound weights to Kilogrammes. So all the stores had to change their weighing scales, computer systems, product labels etc etc to ones that had Kilos on them. Some small shopkeepers went out of business, because of the cost of changing everything over.

Some tried to fight it; one butcher (maybe more but I think he was the first to have this happen) refused to use kilos or pay a fine for not doing so, and was actually arrested. I think he actually spent time in prison.

This is only one small example...

[edit addition] They are also planning to stop having juries in certain kinds of court cases. They want to change to the European system of a small panel of judges, who have power to decide if a person is guilty or not.

And the European Commission is unelected (which means no-one can get rid of them) and apparently most of them are utterly corrupt. there was a scandel about the corruption some years back, but I don't think any of them lost their jobs. They just waited for the fuss to die down and carried on as before...

Jeannette

2007/4/2 19:33
Tears_of_joy

Re: Interesting Stuff

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3583&forum=48]Here[/url] is an older thread about EU constitution.
One of the the things in this constitution will be that EU should have [b]long term president[/b].

The devil is preparing the way of the antichrist. Everything is in preparation one valuta, one army, one language, one court and finally one president.

On the other side, spiritually Europe is so dark! Maybe as never before. Recently I watched a DVD called [url=http://www.gemission.org/serving/overview.asp]"So Dark Is Europe"[/url] - it is a call for missionaries to Europe.
Very few alive churches, very few christians, darkness is everywhere, especially in the western europe. Nations that have been under great light now are in great spiritual darkness. Eastern Europe that was so closed for the Gospel in the communism now are much more open, but unfortunately western "gospel" from USA and Western Europe is starting to creep there.

But still I believe the church is strong and alive in the persecuted places, and the Gospel is spreading around all over the world, muslim countries, India, China, countries that we have never heard of, heroes of faith that we will never read or heard of are living today, suffering for the Gospel.

Luk 19:44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; [b]because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.[/b]

Jerusalim did not recognize the visitation of the Lord and many churches today in the west, they are crying come Lord, the Lord is coming but few can recognize it. We want God to come like in our own imagination, not a humble king on a donkey. Mercedes, houses, comfort? There will be no more comfort and pleasures. It was enough.

Rom 15:21 But as it is written, [b]To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand. [/b]

God is sending the Gospel to those that are hungry and thirsty!

"There is no spot of revival in America today, there is no spot of revival in England today, the only candidates for revival are not civilized countries but uncivilized countries. God is by-passing us, provoking us!" -LR

I think it was Billy Graham who said, "Who is the greatest christian ever lived? - The greatest christian is the one who no one knows"
Maybe someone in China, Pakistan, waiting for everyday bread from the heaven and living faithfully. Maybe [url=http://www.donghaeng.net/english/flash/flash27.htm]this[/url] one.

2007/4/2 19:53Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks LitteGift. I appreciate the info you shared.

MC

2007/4/3 1:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy