SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who is praying for Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Who is praying for Revival?

This is a simple question: Who is praying for revival? Where for are you praying?

We have often debated and argued about how or when or if revival will come. But the question is not whether God will move, but who will intercede? Who is praying? Who is broken for this?

Please, I am not posting this to start a discussion or debate on revival. I am not asking anyone to pray and not trying to call anyone to arms. Please refrain from those discussions. This is a simple question: Are you praying for revival? If so, let us here a public confession. Has the Lord laid this upon your heart to pray? If so, for whom?

In Christ with love,

Brother Blake

2007/3/31 15:25Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Who is praying for Revival?

Quote:
Who is praying for revival? Where for are you praying?

Brother,

I am praying for revival here in Victoria, Canada locally and also for a move of God's Spirit world-wide. I am praying for a revival that vindicates Gods holy name. Gods glory is at stake.

2007/3/31 15:29Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
I am praying for a revival that vindicates Gods holy name. Gods glory is at stake.

Amen!

I am praying for revival in southwest Missouri and for America and the whole world.

2007/3/31 15:52
jordanamo

Quote:
Who is praying for revival? Where for are you praying?

"Where for" [Wherefor(e)] for those who don't know basically = Why.

To answer your question, I am not praying for revival in the classical sense (in which you are referring to). I am just seeking God more and more every day and letting His thoughts be my thoughts and His will be my will. His Word be my word, etc.

Jordan

2007/3/31 15:54Profile

Quote:

beenblake wrote:
This is a simple question: Who is praying for revival? Where for are you praying?

We have often debated and argued about how or when or if revival will come. But the question is not whether God will move, but who will intercede? Who is praying? Who is broken for this?

Please, I am not posting this to start a discussion or debate on revival. I am not asking anyone to pray and not trying to call anyone to arms. Please refrain from those discussions. This is a simple question: Are you praying for revival? If so, let us here a public confession. Has the Lord laid this upon your heart to pray? If so, for whom?

In Christ with love,

Brother Blake

Dear Bro

I am [i]not[/i] praying for revival, because the Lord has not allowed me to. I also believe He is doing something greater, and in all the world, not only in my nation (see the thread "more than revival?".

You said:
Quote:
who will intercede? Who is praying? Who is broken for this

The call to intercession came in the early 1980's, and with it a burden for the Church, and especially for leaders. The burden is there to this day

The call, which is also increasingly in my heart, is to "walk on the water" and teach others. This came some time in the 1990's, via a prophecy through David Noakes (don't know if anyone has heard of him). The gist of the message was "Teach my people to walk on the water" because such storms were coming that no "boat" (man-made structure or organisation) would survive.

At the time I had no idea just how little I was fitted to "walk on water" myself! But the Lord has been doing a work, step by step by step...

I am being broken, though only the Lord knows what "land" is yet to be possessed, (Joshua 13:1)

I have no idea if what most would call revival is coming, but this is my call and burden, not revival - except the increase and increase of the Life and Rulership of Christ within each of His children, beginning with me.

(Isaiah 9:7, "Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end")

Yours in Him

Jeannette

2007/3/31 16:25

Re:

Jeanette said:

Quote:
I am not praying for revival, because the Lord has not allowed me to. I also believe He is doing something greater, and in all the world, not only in my nation

I agree! The only thing that the LORD has told me to do right now is read His Word and seek His face. I have been moved to pray in the past in intercessory prayer, revival, but I haven't received instruction regarding praying for revival. This is where Our Father has me right now.

2007/3/31 16:39
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
I am not asking anyone to pray and not trying to call anyone to arms. Please refrain from those discussions. This is a simple question: Are you praying for revival? If so, let us here a public confession. Has the Lord laid this upon your heart to pray? If so, for whom?

The Church.
The church militant and the church complacent.
The church of 'prosperity'
The church in disparity.

The church in persecuted lands and the church in ease and comfort.

The church in Rome
The church in my own home.

2007/3/31 16:51Profile
jordanamo

Re:

(Considering that most people, or many, do not go back and view posts that were already posted, I am going to make a separate post of this, and take out my past edit, due to what I feel is its importance.)

And to clarify the "wherefore" as to why I don't pray for revival, it is because I do not believe Satan will be "bound" from the nations until the millennial reign of Christ. This is, in my view, the thing that people who pray for revival (or work to create a theocratic kingdom, mainly in this nation), although sincere and good intentioned, and may be indeed full of the Spirit, miss. While the Spirit does move upon people, and has, and certain localities in time past (Wales, Azusa Street) it is not a blueprint for facsimile nor should be an expectation until and save for, again, the millennial return of Christ Jesus our Lord, who for 1,000 years will reign on this Earth and there will be "revival" in the hearts of men the world over. Satan will lose his control and dominion that he has now. Thus and henceforth a certain expectation of revival of the nation(s) (cities, etc.) before that millennial reign is IMO a rather distortion of Scripture, however sincere and good-intentioned.

I understand your first post's caution of dislike for discussion on disagreeing with revival in the classical sense, and thus I apologize insofar if you are offended by this response. However I felt it necessary to make clear my view in light the of the expediency and immediacy of the times. SermonIndex's mission, I understand, is in clear variance in certain respects with my views here, but I believe we as one can live in harmony, however we differ in views, as we await the return of our Lord Jesus together : )

Jordan

2007/3/31 17:34Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I am praying for it within my own heart: that I will always be sensitive to the voice of the LORD and to be obedient to it at all times.My human nature wants to be comfortable, not get disturbed about anything because that will cause some problems I do not want to deal with. BUT there is eternity ahead and this I must deal with. (I do not sound like a Calvinist, do I? LOL) So I deal with this everyday and am hoping it will inspire others as well as I live my life. Vance Havner said: You do not have to tell anyone you are a Christian: they'll catch on!" Maybe this is why there is so much apathy in the churches?

ginnyrose

2007/3/31 18:14Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

This question begs the question of what revival means. If you mean that people would be drawn to the church and hear powerful preaching that brings repentance, then I would have to say no, I not praying for this. The burden that is on my heart is for the church. We are living in the Laodocean age, thus I am praying for an awakening to occur within the church.

Regardless of the semantics, I think we agree we must be on our knees praying for a powerful move of God. It's simply my belief that repentance must begin in the house of God.

In Christ,

Doug

2007/3/31 20:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy