SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Katz; Hosea

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Malachiah

Re:

5. Their deeds will not allow them to return to their God. For a spirit of harlotry is within them, and they do not know the Lord (Hosea 5:4)

Malachiah: Amen--

This is a statement about Israel, the same Israel who was given the commandments and the revelation from Sinai, the statutes, the ordinances, the prophets and the great King. God’s indictment is that they have not known the Lord, but instead have followed after harlotry, and the two things, harlotry and not knowing the Lord, are in relationship. The spirit of harlotry can express itself in various ways to the degree that a person does not know the Lord; the one is the counterbalance and the antidote to the other. The knowledge of the Lord is the only thing that will keep us from the spirit of harlotry, which we will act out in exact proportion as we have ability and financial wherewithal.

Malachiah: Thus only the ground that the living Word from our hand measures is not harlotry. The saints walk hand in hand with the Word. At each writing they are more sanctified. (John 17:17-20). There is no other separation. The great harlot speaks but has not the fact in hand. Thus she makes the whole world drunken with her preaching. Only the brokenness that causes the Word to branch in the hand as a staff of God can separate from the harlot mouth. The harlot worships the bible but does not see it as a witness. The harlot sees saints of old wrote but fails to see the meaning of this. The harlot will boast of being in Christ but knows not the Word in hand. Somehow the Word was in the hands of the saints of old but cannot be today. Surely such a church is seven times more demon possessed than the Israel that also stumbled over the Word. Now a remnant from each must join in this gift and be so holy that they see God face to face.--

Our human frames are vulnerable. It is one thing to be hit from the blind side, and that is why we need each other, to protect one another from that blindness, from that unexpected temptation that comes in the moment of weakness. That is one kind of falling and one kind of sin, and there is certainly not an excuse for being a partaker of that, but how many of our leading evangelists have become powers unto themselves with extraordinary wealth, pompous lifestyles, and have surrounded themselves with staff who dare not contradict them lest they lose their well-paid jobs?

Malachiah: Come out of her. Stop Identifying with the harlot. "our evangelist", "our" who? It is not so in your bride O Israel. Awake to holiness o Jew! How are you paid?--

2004/6/6 14:04Profile
Malachiah

Re:

If you want to guarantee a fall for yourself, then all you need to do is to live sensually, and that does not mean looking at erotic pictures. It could mean living in a house with 8,000 square feet of living space, believing that you have got it coming to you. We need to grieve over the celebration of charismatic personalities and performers whose lifestyles we have all condoned, if not helped pay for. If we allow our leaders a lifestyle that finally erupts into sin so visible that they are brought down, then what shall we say about ourselves? Is our condition better than theirs? What do we do with the measure of wherewithal that we have? What kind of sensuality and gratification are we allowing ourselves, thinking somehow that it is legitimate because we are serving God?

Malachiah: this is the extreme. The fall goes much deeper. Do you recieve pay from the harlots? I mean to do enter the divisions and speak in their names and receive money from them. Do you make further christian groups and live by their prostitution? Such is not the way of a holy Jew in the sabbath millennium of the son of man!--

What is there in our hearts that has never yet been revealed because we have never chosen to let the Lord arbitrate and determine our lifestyle and bring us into that earnest and intensive relationship with saints by which we might have been found out? Holiness comes with a price.

Malachiah: the price is "take up your cross daily and follow me". If the discovery of the hands that handle the holy Word is not made then a man is broke as to the price of holiness. When you write is it as the world? Do you know the Word as God in hand when you write? If not your preaching is of the harlot source.So let the Word examine you and work His way from your heart to your arm.--

What should determine the lifestyle of the people of God? The income which is theirs, the availability of goods and riches and the talents which they can employ, or what? Jesus had not a place to lay His head. Paul had no certain dwelling place. Apostolic poverty characterized the early Church. Peter and John spoke to the lame beggar, “I do not possess silver and gold, but what I do have, I give to you: ‘In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene—walk! ’”. (Acts 3:6). What they had was power, glory, great grace, and unspeakable richness in the reality and knowledge of God. What do we have?

Malachiah : the church has the name of Jesus and the riches of the Word as His living presence. She is poor other than this.--

2004/6/6 14:33Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

A true prophet never turns his back to a straying church – he delivers a pointed word.
A prophet’s word never carries an undertone of exclusiveness.
Holiness is not harsh.
Holiness has no tendency of haughtiness.
A true prophet identifies with the straying church, carrying the burden and pain of the necessary judgment.
He is a broken man.
He stays with the people to the bitter end.
He leaves sin behind, but never the sinner.
A true prophet is indeed sharp and to the point.
He never sway, he does not waver, giving in to dreaminess or flattery.
He cannot claim to have a final word. God works to fulfil His own purposes which are of eternal quality.
We therefore propose a reconsidering of Mr. Katz’ position for the sake of salvation and maturity in the church of our day. She will not find any attraction in a small band of separatists. She will find herself attracted to the servanthood of those who, like the Lord, pray for a recovered testimony.
L. W.

2004/6/6 14:43Profile
Malachiah

Re:

For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, and in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings (Hosea 6:6).

God actually desires for us to have the knowledge of Him, but that knowledge is not easily obtained; every force of hell and power of darkness seeks to prevent God’s people from obtaining this knowledge. The whole world seems to be involved in a conspiracy against the knowledge of God. The phone will ring, the kids will cry, the dog will bark, our future plans, the job, marriage, the clothes that need to be washed, the machine that is broken, there is the roof that needs to be fixed. Things will crowd in upon our consciousness the moment that we set ourselves to seek the Lord so as to find Him. His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts, and we have made the Christian walk too casual and too cheap. We are a generation that mistakes our concepts about God for the authentic knowledge of God, for if we knew Him, we would fear Him, and we would not so much as contemplate, let alone do, the things that have scandalized His name throughout the world.

Malachiah: such is the way of the unarmed. but they that have the word in hand can dominate their immediate environment through the strong hand fo the Lord upon them. --

2004/6/7 1:41Profile
Malachiah

Re:

8. What men and women think, when free to think what they will in the privacy of their own minds, in the reverie and the fantasy that they will allow themselves, is the statement of where they are in God. It is what we do with our ability to do it that tells what we really are, even though the act, in itself, may not be patently sinful. Perhaps it is only an indulgence like buying two king-size hamburgers, and feeling as though maybe I should, but knowing that I do not need them; it is an indulgence to the flesh that will not benefit the spiritual life of the inner man, and yet I am financially able to afford it.

Malachiah: and for sure it is the indulgence of speaking what you have not measured by the Mystery of the Word in hand. The mystery of the Word might sanctify two hamburgers, but only eating one will never make up for not have and practicing the Word.--

Do we predicate our conduct on the basis of what we are able to do, or what the Spirit is prompting? Are we in a position to deny ourselves things that are available? Are we resisting sin unto the shedding of blood, and do we recognize that the whole world is steeped in the evil one, the father of lies; it is bathed in deception, permeated with the spirit of sensuality, and it will take, on our part, a rigorous determination before God to resist it. Are we fighting that fight? The knowledge of God has much to do with the degree to which we are surrendering and succumbing to the spirit of the world. Heaven and earth are opposed to each other in every point and particular, and he whoever is a friend of the world is an enemy of God.

Malachiah: why ask these questions? I use to ask them. But then the Lord answered and I do not have that defeated postion anymore nor do I see the church as such. Surely there is a battle to fight. the question to ask is .....do i just talk a good fight or has the Lord entrusted Himself as the Word into my hand so I can fight that which I have talked about? Ps 76:5 declares that the men of might have not discovered their hands. Blessed is the man so broken that they discover their hands and the Word in them.--

2004/6/7 1:44Profile
Malachiah

Re:

But like Adam they have transgressed the covenant; there they have dealt treacherously against Me.
Gilead is a city of wrongdoers, tracked with bloody footprints.
And as raiders wait for a man, so a band of priests murder on the way to Shechem; surely they have committed crime (Hosea 6:7-9)

Do we see every sin as a treachery against the knowledge of God? Can you believe that the priesthood of God could ever come to the place where they themselves would become murderers, and engage in lewdness? That was Israel’s experience and example before us, and who, today, thinks that he is made of better stuff than the Israelite priests of old? And by what means does a holy priest come to a place of both lewdness and murder? Does it take place in one fell swoop? Or does it come by a process, by degrees of corrosion and the subtlety of day-by-day condescension and compromise? The Bible exhorts us to keep our hearts with all diligence, and to exhort one another daily while it is yet today. Are we in relationship daily with people who exhort us? This is something that cannot be put off; tomorrow could be too late. Is our privacy and time before the television more valuable than seeing the glory of God being made manifest in all the earth?

Malachiah: Nothing is more valuable than the glory of God manifest on earth. --

2004/6/7 1:54Profile
Malachiah

Re:

10. Though the pride of Israel testifies against him, yet they have neither returned to the Lord their God, nor have they sought him for all this. So Ephraim has become like a silly dove, without sense; they call to Egypt, they go to Assyria. When they go, I will spread My net over them; I will bring them down like the birds of the sky. I will chastise them in accordance with the proclamation to their assembly. Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me! Destruction is theirs, for they have rebelled against Me! I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me. And they do not cry to Me from their heart when they wail on their beds; for the sake of grain and new wine they assemble themselves, they turn away from Me (Hosea 7: 10-14).

We are in trouble when insincerity passes for sincerity, and we cannot tell the difference. They have made a seeming show that impresses men, but it does not impress God.

Malachiah: "we" . again who is we? We being Israel? or we the harlot church. If you write as Israel I accept your confession, but if you write as the church, I call you out of the harlot. Leave the confession of unbelief behind by coming forward to the reality of the church.--

They turn, but not upward, they are like a deceitful bow; their princes will fall by the sword because of the insolence of their tongue. This will be their derision in the land of Egypt.
Put the trumpet to your lips! Like an eagle the enemy comes against the house of the Lord, because they have transgressed My covenant, and rebelled against My law. They cry out to Me, “My God, we of Israel know Thee!” (Hosea 7:16 – 8:2).

They cry to Him when His judgment comes in proportion to the iniquity and sin of His house. Is it not pitiful that there is nothing like judgment to wake us up? There is nothing like calamity to break us from our slumber and to bring us to the understanding that our God is a jealous God.

Malachiah: we are already judged. The Spirit of truth comes to bring judgment. He comes to convict of Sin, because they do not believe into Him. Is there sin in Him? No! So be believing into Him. All confession outside of Him is Sin. And He convicts the world of righteousness. For we are going to the Father line upon line as we write in the righteous measures of the Word. And He convicts of judgment because the prince of the worlkd is judged. Stand in this judgment and be not judged.--

How far will God go to judge His people, and to expunge sin, compromise and contradiction from their lives corporately and personally? He drove Israel out of its land and allowed six million of them to go through the labor camps, the gas chambers and the ovens of Auschwitz as a continuing statement of judgment for their unwillingness to turn to Him, and He says that these people are the apple of His eye. We should fear and recognize the goodness and severity of God! Paul warned us that if He did not hesitate to break them off, He would not hesitate to do the same to us. If we do not know God in His severity, then how can we know Him in His goodness? How can we know Him if we do not know Him as a God who will judge?

Malachiah: Yes, we know Him thus and are in great peace in Him. He drove Israel from the land because the Word was no longer recognized in hand. The sevening of the Word was no longer keeping the land holy. So the land cast you out o Ben Israel. You are cast out into the nations in order to come to the lessons and revelation of the Word that makes the ground holy under your feet. You are to learn this at the ends of the earth in the nations and return in local churches. This is the revelation of Zechariah 2-4 and Revelaiton 1-3.==

2004/6/7 1:59Profile
Malachiah

Re:

Israel has rejected the good; the enemy will pursue him (Hosea 8:3).

That is what happens when our sin casts off the covenant-keeping God and He removes His protection and covering; we are open and exposed to the reaction and the counter-response of the enemy in exact proportion to our sin. That has been the history of Israel, and we need to be instructed by it. Do we think ourselves immune, that such things will not come upon us?

Malachiah: us who? Surely Israel has done this and the harlot more so. All were baptised into the age of the death of the anointed one. But now is the third day. These things already have come. To fear they might just now come upon you is evidence that you have not come out. --

They have set up kings, but not by Me; they have appointed princes, but I did not know it (Hosea 8:4a).

They never consulted with God; they never asked Him; they acted on their own initiative. We do not know what it means to consult God. There is such a spirit of presumption in us, in exact proportion to the absence of our knowledge of God, and once the knowledge of God is found, its being found does not guarantee that we will never lose it. In this world, in all that is vile, in every powerful pressure, temptation and force that wants to dishonor and defame God, and mock Him in every perverse way, you can imagine the kinds of things that are directed against us to dull us again to a place of ease and comfort in Zion. It is going to take something severe, something radical for us to maintain the knowledge of God once we have found it, and then to deepen it and grow in that knowledge. Is this foremost in our consideration? Do we feel that we presently have it?

Malachiah: yes we have it, but not that "we" you write of. O bless you dear brother Art! Bless you in the revelation that is pursuing you. May you be found in John on atonement day and hear the trumpet behind you so you can look back and see the Work the son of man has been doing in the local churches! --

2004/6/7 11:15Profile
Malachiah

Re:

For Israel has forgotten his Maker and built palaces; and Judah has multiplied fortified cities, but I will send a fire on its cities that it may consume its palatial dwellings (Hosea 8:14).

Malachiah: this Word "maker" is really plural ...."makers"--

I fully expect to see a mighty coming down in the years ahead; we are going to see great cathedrals and church buildings standing absolutely empty, with whole congregations dissipating away. The world will see the mockery of churches that took million of dollars from God’s people standing as empty houses. We will see the great Christian recreation resorts rusting away and standing like ghost towns as mocking testimonies to the failure of people to take God seriously, turning the faith into an entertainment upon which God shall breathe His fire and bring it down.

Malachiah: hallelujah. Blessed be those that leave these evil places now!--

Do not rejoice, O Israel, with exultation like the nations! For you have played the harlot, forsaking your God. You have loved harlots’ earnings on every threshing floor.
Threshing floor and wine press will not feed them, and the new wine will fail them (Hosea 9:1–2).

It is happening already. We have become a manipulating people of technique and methodology, and the new wine has failed.

Malachiah: the whole world is drunken upon the wine of christianity. --

2004/6/8 12:07Profile
Malachiah

Re:

Ephraim is stricken, their root is dried up, they will bear no fruit. Even though they bear children, I will slay the precious ones of their womb (Hosea 9:16).

We can bring forth, but is it His fruit? Is it eternal fruit? Or does it have only the seeming appearance of effectiveness and success? Do we even know the difference, and are we jealous for the fruit that only God can give, rather than what we are able to produce and fabricate because we are skilful and because we have the financial enablement? ‘Fruit’ is not the testimony of our right relationship with God, or the knowledge of Him, or even of His blessedness. His fruit is of another kind; it is fruit of the Spirit, and His Spirit is the spirit of humility and meekness, not arrogance, presumption, pride and a sumptuous lifestyle that contradicts the whole tenor of anything and all that we know about God and about His Church.

Malachiah: His fruit is the Word become flesh. His fruit is Israel arising from the dead as the incarnate Word. The church is raised up and seated in the heavens and blessed with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 2:6, 1:3). This is for the pupose of redeeming Israel (Ephesians 1:14) Israel is the acquired possession and the church is to redeem it.--

2004/6/8 12:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy