SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Dangerous Warrior Spirit

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The Dangerous Warrior Spirit

This is a Dangerous modern phenomian with the Matcho man image. A man who is strong and is capable yet does not need the living god.
A man of prayer who prays alot can be a prayer warrior, we need more of them
But it is the dancing round Baals Altar warrior that I do not like. It is such a kind of thing that brings many weak members down and crushes alot of people.
The productive spirit that is running this culture. Driven by an unknown force or namely the devil. To succed or to conquer. It scares me silly because it is nothing like the Jesus of the bible.

It is so prevelant in todays literature such as the Purpose Driven books and so many other books. It thinks of anything as weak as no good and almost reminds me of Natz germany or Paganism.
It is god who will overcome in the end. He is our overcomer. This is a very hard concept to nail down as it is all around us.

Kings 18:21-40
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions F122? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word. 22 Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men. 23 Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: 24 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken. 25 And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under. 26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear F123 us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made. 27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: F124 for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked. 28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood F125 gushed out upon them. 29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering F126 of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded. 30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down. 31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name: 32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed. 33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood. 34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time. 35 And the water ran F127 round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. 36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word. 37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again. 38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. 39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God. 40 And Elijah said unto them, Take F128 the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.

Da 7:25 - Show Context
And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time

I am not despising the virtue of courage here!!! I believe in that wholeheartly

2007/3/30 11:30Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re: The Dangerous Warrior Spirit

Hi Dom,

Quote:
This is a very hard concept to nail down as it is all around us.

I think you are on to something here that has been creeping in unawares. There is a 'spirit of competition' that exists that concerns me. What ever happened to someone being just 'average' and it being OK? Almost as if a person is not as radical and far out as can be they are inferior or something.

It gives birth to a rat race society and people. We are not called to be anyone other that we are. I want to be me. And I want me to be as Christlike as possible. There were heroes in the Bible but they did not set out to be heroes. They were just living their lives out in God's will. I doubt that they had comic book scrolls back then to try to model their life after someone else.

The best thing, in my opinion, we can do is do get into the word of God and allow it to transform our lives. I'm not trying to have some radical aspect of my life exploited and made a standard for everyone. There are many things about me that are excessive and I pray they never become anyones standard. Business all the time. More ministries than any 3 people should have. It is not healthy and it is basically a boundaries issue. It's OK to tell someone- I'm going to be the me God created. I'll be me, you be you and let God be God. Super Hero Christian or Comic Book Christianity leads to serious issues in a person's life. Especially if you have a family. Your time has to be prioritized to do what's required of you. You have a back pack to carry (Galatians 6;5) before you can become some superstar figure that history writes about. Just some thoughts...

2007/3/30 12:06Profile
pastorfrin

Bro. great post,
The greatest courage one can show is to proclaim the wonderful Word Of God, for it is the power of God unto salvation:
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Yes brother He is our strength, the world says the strong survive, The Lord says the meek shall
inherit the earth.
Philip. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/3/30 12:16Profile
death2self

Washington DC area

Re:

2 Corinthias 2:7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is [u]from God and [b]not from us[/u][/b].

Thank you for posting this Dom. This is one of the scriptures from a sermon I heard last night in our fellowship. How often have I tried to be a silver car, rather than a jar of clay?

It's simply pride because if I'm a jar of clay, it's about what is inside that really counts. Thanks for the reminder...

2007/3/30 12:33Profile
myfirstLove

Quote:
But it is the dancing round Baals Altar warrior that I do not like. It is such a kind of thing that brings many weak members down and crushes alot of people.

Quote:
It is so prevelant in todays literature such as the Purpose Driven books

You become like them when you forsake your relationship with God. Trying with your own strength to stir up some kind of radical energy that is full of flesh and not the Spirit. Not only is this in the church, but out on the street in evangelism. You become a warrior fool for the devil acting like the baals instead of a warrior for God like Elijah.

Then theres the opposite of warrior I see in christianity that becomes so fearful of loosing face and taking up the cross that these people become cowards instead. Deceiving themselves in false humility and weakness that is not from Christ,confusing compassion of God with pleasing and flattering man,not wanting to put away the struggle of sin, and believe in His truth, His victory but are full of self pity, wanting people to feel sorry for them.

Let us be aware of both false strength and false weakness. Draw near to God that we would be only like Jesus and not partake in today's falsehood.

2007/3/30 12:41Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Quote:
Let us be aware of both false strength and false weakness. Draw near to God that we would be only like Jesus and not partake in today's falsehood.

What we have got to understand is todays falsehoods.
I am always convicted by Daniel Kensigton Sermon the Greatest Deception is Self Deception.

I have seen people who are truly passionate about there faith and even me take a step of Faith in an exstatic way and God do something.

The reason I hate this thing because all the people who are weak or have nothing to offer they get put down and it breaks my heart.

Sometimes people do not understand and because they and sometimes I think that because I have done it is possible for them. Not because they do not want to preach or like that or even do amazing things it is because they just cant

There are some verses that are commands such as Go and preach the gospel in my name.
All I want to glorify the name of the Lord.

I have also noticed that something that is fake is so dangerous because it makes the real thing look bad.

If you introduce fake money into the system. The current money would be devalued.

This is what I hate about false things not only in my life such as Prosperity Teachers making tithing looking bad!!

I just want the real and the true.

2007/3/30 21:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy