SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Have we really given Him control?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Have we really given Him control?

Quote:
Have we really given Him control?

I wouldn't know how to begin to even try such a step. Oh, I know in theory, but to practice it, it eludes me.

I turn to the LORD and say, "I don't know how to do it, I really don't. Your going to have to show me or do it through me."

A good thought to ponder though!

2007/4/1 18:56
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I turn to the LORD and say, "I don't know how to do it, I really don't. Your going to have to show me or do it through me."

Brother (or sister - what are you?), you are exactly right!

I read biographies of saints who had an intimate walk with the LORD and that is what I want. And you know what? God wants it, too! These saints are not special people in the sense they are super humans. They are people who are surrendered to the LORD's leading in their lives. I have concluded this kind of intimacy with God is available to all if we only will surrender to Him.

To accomplish this is a challenge....but how can one do it? I am still learning - and this will likely be true for the rest of my life - but it does help to pray as you pray: "You're going to have to show me." Or ask the LORD to help you to recognize his voice when he speaks...with the idea you will be obedient to it when you hear it. Try this and see what happens.

I try to pray this every day. The latest thing for me is the loss of interest in collecting ......I have been buying on eBay...and now my interest for no natural reason is waning. Reminds me what I experienced after the death of or daughter: I lost interst in things for a long time....took a while to regain some of it. I could resist this loss of interest and go ahead and buy more, but I experience a sense of "don't do it" in my spirit. So is it not in my best interests to not do so? From past experience the answer is "yes".

BTW, I do not believe we will arrive at the point where there is no more room for growth. Psa. 1:3 says we are like a tree planted by the river of water....I am told a tree keeps growing until it dies. So we, too. Do not get discouraged. There is only one thing worse then falling: that is the failure to get up and try again!

Blesings to you,
ginnyrose

2007/4/1 20:50Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Compliments said:

Quote:
wouldn't know how to begin to even try such a step. Oh, I know in theory, but to practice it, it eludes me.

The key word here is step. One step at a time.
See what Jesus taught us in:Matthew 6:9-13
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. [10] Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. [11] Give us this day our daily bread. [12] And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. [13] And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Every day I pray this type of prayer, some days
many times. "Thy will be done" is one part I must pray often. Why, because I don't always want to go along with His will. So I ask not my will but Lord your will be done in me, in my family, in our congregation, and in your church
through out this world.
Our sister ginnyrose pointed out that we are to continue growing until we go to to be with the Lord, and this is true.
The whole process is this simple, you lay your heart bare before the Lord and say Lord here am I, shape me and mold me into what you want me to
be, and do with me as you please. We cannot dictate to the Lord how His will is to be accomplished in us, we simple accept it.
He speaks to us in the same way He spoke to Saul. Why do you kick against the prick.
The secret is to stop kicking!

In His Love

pastorfrin

2007/4/1 21:41Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Forrest (UniqueWebRev) wrote:

Quote:
Have any of you been noticing an increase of trials, or depth of trials of late?

I am becoming more and more convinced that brother Wilerson's warning in his sermon "That terrible day no one wants to talk about" is right on the money. I truly believe God is stirring His remnant in preperation. We [i]must[/i] learn to walk by [i]increased[/i] faith. Trials in the Christians life do one of two things, either we turn tail and run, or we dig ever deeper into God, His faithfulness and His Word.

Robert W wrote:
Quote:
I have had revival come in my life more this year than ever and funny thing is- it don't feel at all like a revival. It feels like a massive chastening. But my mind is changing about things and getting in step with His wisdom.

Ron (InTheLight) wrote:
Quote:
This is an encouragment because I have been experiencing the same thing. Definitely a lot of pruning going on, especially in the area of New Testament knowledge verses New Testament reality in my day to day life. It seems we are being prepared for something, God has fruit in mind...

Ditto, Ditto, Amen and Amen.

In Christ,

Doug

2007/4/2 1:01Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

Compliments wrote:

Quote:
I wouldn't know how to begin to even try such a step. Oh, I know in theory, but to practice it, it eludes me.

A good thought to ponder though!

Please don't get the idea that I have a handle on this either. I do believe the root of our failure to surrender all is unbelief. I was thinking on this today and was reminded of Isreals first trip to the promised land. The twelve spies returned from their mission and ten exhibited unbelief that God could deliver on His promises.

Is this not the way of man? There may indeed be a portion of our hearts that believes, or at least wants to, but in reality, that part that doesn't believe is far greater. And how did God respond to this unbelief? He sent them back out to the wilderness until that entire unbelieving generation had died out.

Is this not still the way of God? We get saved out of sin (Egypt), get baptised where our slavemasters are consumed(the Red Sea), then travel forthwith to see the promise of God of an abundant life in the Spirit. Ah, but then there's that old problem; Unbelief. Out to the wilderness we go until we come to that place of FAITH called Absolute Surrender. This is the price we must pay to cross over the Jordan.

It has helped me today to recognize that ALL my unbelief must be rooted out and slain. There is only one way to accomplish this. Continually approach the mercy seat of God and lay our doubt at the foot of the cross. The more we do this, honestly, humbly, fearlessly and [i]ruthlessly,[/i] the more our faith will grow.

In His Love,

Doug

2007/4/2 1:37Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: Have we really given Him control?

Pastor wrote:

Quote:
1. Have we given Him control of our vessel? Vs. 3

2. Have we obeyed His Word, even when we may have just finished what HE is asking us to do? Vs. 4-5

3. Has His Word caused us to see Him and His bountiful provision for those who are His? Vs.6-8

4. Has seeing Him given us a sense of our sinful state and need for forgiveness? Vs. 8

5. Has seeing Him caused us to forsake All and follow Him? Vs. 11

Prov. 4:26 Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.

You are a tree planted by still waters...

God Bless
Jeff

2007/4/2 1:53Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

I wrote:

Quote:
It has helped me today to recognize that ALL my unbelief must be rooted out and slain. There is only one way to accomplish this. Continually approach the mercy seat of God and lay our doubt at the foot of the cross. The more we do this, honestly, humbly, fearlessly and ruthlessly, the more our faith will grow.

I'm surprised no one has taken me to task for this statement. After posting this I realized I had only mentioned a portion of the needed steps. Unbelief is of course the polar opposite to faith. Unbelief must be replaced by faith or else it will simply return even stronger than before.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

In Him,

Doug

2007/4/2 15:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy