SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : After the Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
UniqueWebRev

Southern California

Re: The Ten Virgins

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
uniquewebrev,Was that a 3 tier post? Am I caught in the middle or do you agree the 10 virgins represent 1/2 Christians going after Jesus and1/2 lukewarm.?...thanks,David

Yes, David, it was a 3 tier post - 4 tiers are almost impossible to read.

Yes, I read the parable of the ten virgins the same way you do. 5 are not watching and waiting, and 5 are, and it is those that will go up in the harpazo (Rapture), and consequently, go into the wedding supper with the Bridegroom.

It is because of our faith alone that we, among the Christians that will come after the Rapture, will walk from life or death into glory, with no judgement for our sins, only the judgement that is based on works done with the right motive as Jesus judges us, having been human Himself once.

Non-Christians, and those Christians that are brought to their senses by the Rapture, which I believe is the only way to wake up the Laodicean Church, face martyrdom if they cannot hide from the Anti-Christ. I fear greatly for the babes in Christ, like my 83 year old father, who has been a Christian for a little over a year, knows only what the Holy Spirit is teaching him, for how am I, his child, to teach my father? So I trust that his little faith and knowledge, to the point of not even knowing yet really about the Rapture, or much of Christianity, will be sufficient.

Blessings,

2007/3/30 23:31Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

The parable of the 10 virgins represents 5 who are true believers (oil in lamps when He comes) and 5 who are false believers (no oil in lamps when He comes).

Paul in 1 Thess. 4, 1 Cor. 15, 2 Thess. 2 gives no indication that "some" Christians will be left. Paul says the dead in Christ will rise and we which are alive and remain will be caught up.

Please, don't put any hope in a second chance during the tribulation and don't encourage anyone or give the that impression.

2007/3/31 9:31Profile
psalm1

Re:

Jaysaved,Virgins points to purity. This is critical. The 5 foolish virgins are not "lost" but remind me of carnal christians,or those that dont value their walk with God.They are still saved nonetheless.They will go on to be killed by antichrist.That is why it says in rev. that the marters washed their robes. I dont think this encourages anyone to "think they have a false hope" By being martered by antichrist? This seems absolutely sound to me.The terms hope and escape are in the bible.The parable of the 10 virgins, when viewed from your perspective, necessitates extra interpretation of the Virgin designation. Am i right about this? ....
Thanks,David

2007/3/31 13:45Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

A virgin with no oil in her lamp when the Bridegroom comes is the same as a man who professes to be a follower of Christ but does not have a saving faith in Jesus Christ.

These 5 virgins represent the same people spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

Notice in Matthew 25:11-13 that Jesus tells the virgins without oil the same:
"Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.' But he answered, 'Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour."

It is incorrect to assume that the 5 virgins without oil are carnal Christians because the bridegroom says He will not open to them because He never knew them. How could Jesus say He never knew a Christian? That would make Him a liar.

2007/4/2 14:58Profile
psalm1

Re:

QUOTE BY JaySaved;

"A virgin with no oil in her lamp when the Bridegroom comes is the same as a man who professes to be a follower of Christ but does not have a saving faith in Jesus Christ.

These 5 virgins represent the same people spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness."

Notice in Matthew 25:11-13 that Jesus tells the virgins without oil the same:
"Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, lord, open to us.' But he answered, 'Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour."

It is incorrect to assume that the 5 virgins without oil are carnal Christians because the bridegroom says He will not open to them because He never knew them. How could Jesus say He never knew a Christian? That would make Him a liar."

What a stretch to make those two groups one and the same because they both said "Lord"

The parable of the 10 virgins makes it clear they are ALL virgins.(ones not defiled..... Christians)

If that is not enough you further compare those believers without oil to non believers in lawlessness.

Quote"How could Jesus say He never knew a Christian"

Misquoting the scripture.It does not say that

2012/8/21 22:33Profile

Re:

Wow! Five years to respond to a quote. That must be a record for the forum. Wonder if the other poster saw it? Did like the spirit if the thread though.

Bear.

2012/8/21 23:04
Elibeth

Re:

Greeting,

When I came across your post about the ten virgins,.. ?

They were all, pure.
Five kept OIL in their lamps,...considering lamps without oil, are just
empty lamps,..no light. The ONOINTING OIL for us,is the ALIVE light/ lamp,..our light/lamp will go out without the ALIVE OIL.

I was thinking on this just recently,concerning the kingdom of God/heaven.
and the five foolish virigins,and we are called into a Kingdom.

And The kingdom of God, is:

The Resurrected Lord in us,...meaning He comes in,by way of the
Holy Ghost,...not to lie dormant, but to resurrect and be Lord,..rule in our lives,...

If He does not resurrect in us,..the onointing / alive,Light becoming Lord
Over this kingdom,..then are we not liken to the five foolish virgins,that
were made pure ?

God help us,
elizabeth

2012/8/22 0:33Profile
psalm1

Re:

QUOTE:

"When I came across your post about the ten virgins,.. ?

They were all, pure.
Five kept OIL in their lamps,...considering lamps without oil, are just
empty lamps,..no light. The ONOINTING OIL for us,is the ALIVE light/ lamp,..our light/lamp will go out without the ALIVE OIL.

I was thinking on this just recently,concerning the kingdom of God/heaven.
and the five foolish virigins,and we are called into a Kingdom.

And The kingdom of God, is:

The Resurrected Lord in us,...meaning He comes in,by way of the
Holy Ghost,...not to lie dormant, but to resurrect and be Lord,..rule in our lives,...

If He does not resurrect in us,..the onointing / alive,Light becoming Lord
Over this kingdom,..then are we not liken to the five foolish virgins,that
were made pure ?

God help us,
elizabeth "

Could you clarify a bit? I am not sure what you are saying :)

2012/8/26 12:36Profile
IssacharSon

Southeast USA

Re:

psalm1 wrote:

"Jaysaved,you say there is no second chance to accept Christ.Peter definately got a second chance.It was so bad with peter that Jesus said "tell the others and Peter".Meaning Peter was "outside the fellowship".

Are you referring to the passage in Mark 16:7? Because if you are, I read that it was "a young man, dressed in a white robe, sitting on the right side" of Jesus' tomb (Mark 16:5) who said to Mary Magdelene, Mary mother of James and Salome when they arrived at Jesus' tomb: "Do not be alarmed; you are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has been raised; he is not here. Look, there is the place they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see him, just as he told you" (Mark 16:5-7)

So, it was not Jesus who said this about the disciples AND Peter. Also, I thought this was stated about Peter because in Luke's account (Luke 22:60-62) where Peter denied Christ three times, the third time when the cock crowed the Lord looked right at Peter as he denied him the third time and Peter "wept bitterly".

I thought that the statement about Peter and the disciples in Mark 16 was the Lord's way of comforting Peter as he left him in such a state of despair. The Lord's messenger said, "the disciples and Peter" as an inclusive comforting reassurance to Peter. But, perhaps it was...I don't know - just in line with Jesus' loving nature - I interpreted this statement as a reassurance to Peter that the Lord had forgiven him and still included him as a disciple.

Does that make sense?

Love-in-Christ,

KP

2012/8/26 16:13Profile
Elibeth

Re:

Psalm1,
Thank you for responding.

Yes I will try to clarify.....the Lord helping me,...

We are called into a kingdom,and we must come in as litte children,...
humble,..willing to listen and obey our Father,the King,.."(for as many as are led by the Spirit of God,they are the sons/children of God" ),..or we can say: "I will not have this man to reign over me" )...throw His Words to the ground,and DO our words,...(rebel,rebellious)and He will say:("why call ye Me Lord,Lord, and do not what I say"). " I 'KNOW'
ye not,ye workers of iniquity"..

Jn.17:3,..To KNOW Him is Life Eternal,.."to KNOW Him:an anointed,quickening,..(the Holy Spirit/Word),...Oil in our lamps, interaction relationship with the Lord....continual filling with oil,that our lamps go not out...to see where to put our feet ,.."repent,make straight Paths for your feet". and that the world can see that light,and be drawn to it.
"Thy Word is Light "

Jn.1:12,"For as many as recieved Him,to them gave He power 'to become'
The children of God"

Also a little thought about Peter----
** We note the difference in Peter before and after recieveing the Holy Spirit.
* Peter was fearful and denied the Lord, before Pentecost,...he wepted bitterly,(repented),..But after he recieved the holy Spirit at Pentecost with power,he became very bold and strong to do the work of the Lord,..the Lords Grace was upon/with him,...and doesn't history have it, that he went on to be killed for his faith and preaching of the Word ?

Psalm1 ,I hope this has helped,...I am not always good at explanning.
If not,let me hear from you,and I will try again.

Blessings to you,
elizabeth

2012/8/26 23:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy