SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Freedom

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gideons

Virginia

Freedom

Greg, God bless your ministry here. As a former prodigal son, I've had a number of internal struggles. I've actually been both of the sons (at different times in my life) in that wonderful story. God is still changing me and my hope is in Him alone.

I lost literally everything including my first wife who died (Who the Lord loves he chastens) and I used to drive by churches but I felt so unclean I just drove by. I prayed but I felt so discouraged. I thought I was beyond hope. Somehow God brought me back to himself. How could He take a washed-up, burned-out person and bring him home and change his heart. I don't know how but He did it. Praise the living God!

But Jesus has given me a living hope and that hope is Him! I didn't deserve His grace, His mercy, or His love. None of us do.

Since I've come home, God is continuing to change my heart. If anyone is hurting, feel to send me a message I'll be happy to listen. Although God never excuses our sin, he is standing at the door of our heart if we're willing to repent. He's willing to cleanse us, change us, and be our hope our hope, our refuge. And believe me, He can do it.

God has led you to a wonderful place. I pray that we allow Him to search our hearts and finish that work he started in our hearts (Philipians 1:6) Shalom!

2004/3/20 18:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Freedom

Quote:
Greg, God bless your ministry here. As a former prodigal son, I've had a number of internal struggles. I've actually been both of the sons (at different times in my life) in that wonderful story. God is still changing me and my hope is in Him alone.

Thank you brother for your sharing your testimony with this community. I pray and hope that you are strengthened in your faith in Jesus Christ through the resources and discussions on this website. These are perilous times and they require a full reliance on Jesus Christ to stand. There is much that wants to captive our attentions and affections, let us stubbornly look towards our heavenly prize in Christ Jesus.

2004/3/20 21:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy