Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hollywood's latest "Biblical" endeavor

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
BenBrockway

Hollywood's latest "Biblical" endeavor

Has anyone seen the trailer for this film?:

http://thereapingmovie.warnerbros.com/

Once again, Hollywood tries spiritual filmaking. Does it pass or fail?

2007/3/26 18:49Profile
BenBrockway

Re: Hollywood's latest "Biblical" endeavor

:-? I, of course, am always leary of Hollywood's attempt at producing sound and solid movies, especially when Scripture comes into play.

2007/3/26 18:56Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

My first thought was, "Here we go again!" I tried looking at the website and it says you have to be a least seventeen years old to look at it. I'm seventeen, but I figure if you have to be that old I don't want to know about it. :-(

Jordan

2007/3/26 18:59Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Yeah, partially due to the graphic nature of the film. It is about the plagues (bloody water, frogs, locust, etc.), but put into modern day, as if it were to happen again. So, the film looks to be a thriller.

That's Hollywood, though. They love to glorify tragedy, sin, and corruption, before anything else.

2007/3/26 19:08Profile

Well way too scary for my blood.

2007/3/26 19:08
jordanamo

Not interested in viewing the trailer but anything Hollywood puts out is anti-God because their corporations are built upon foundations of greed that necessitate profit at any moral expense in parallel with the morality of the nation, which is quite low.

Jordan

2007/3/26 19:23Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

Here is a verse that I think deals with this issue very well.

"But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?" - Ps. 50:16

Jordan

2007/3/26 19:59Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

jordanamo wrote:
Not interested in viewing the trailer but anything Hollywood puts out is anti-God because their corporations are built upon foundations of greed that necessitate profit at any moral expense in parallel with the morality of the nation, which is quite low.

Jordan

I completely agree!

2007/3/27 10:43Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

look at the wed site, It was to scary . it dosn't seem good.
I wouldn't see it.
In his love
charlene

2007/3/27 11:09Profile

Re:

Ever since Mel Gibson's Catholic movie "The Passion" made millions of $$ Hollyweird has wanted to cash in on the gullible Christian market. I dont think there is anything wrong with renting a clean family movie once in awhile... but we should not look to wicked Hollywood to provide us with any spiritual truth.

There are some great Christian movies out there that are worth seeing... such as "Facing The Giants" and "Flywheel". Movies made by Christians w/ the motivation of building up and encouraging Christians, and not $$.

Krispy

2007/3/27 11:58

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy