SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paris Reidhead Quote

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Paris Reidhead Quote

Does anyone know what source Paris Reidhead is referring to in his sermon, 10 Shekels and a Shirt, when he says, "...on one occasion it is reliably reported...", concerning the preaching of John Wesley? I have heard Ray Comfort read Paris Reidhead's words, but have never known where Reidhead got his source.

2007/3/25 1:36Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: Paris Reidhead Quote

It's a while since I listened to 10 shekels and a shirt. Can you give a little more detail? Just what was 'reliably reported'? Or at least say how far into the message the comment comes?

BTW I think it is great that you are taking the trouble to check quotations!

2007/3/25 4:16Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re: Paris Reidheaed Quote

Quote:
It's a while since I listened to 10 shekels and a shirt. Can you give a little more detail? Just what was 'reliably reported'? Or at least say how far into the message the comment comes?

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2067]Ten Shekels and a Shirt Transcript[/url]

Search for the words "reliably reported" approx. two-thirds of the way down the page.

2007/3/25 5:20Profile
John173

Omaha

Re:

I believe this is the portion in question:

is the difference between twentieth century preaching and the preaching of John Wesley. Wesley was a preacher of righteousness that exalted the holiness of God. When he would exalt the holiness of God, and the law of God, and the righteousness of God, and the justice of God, and the wisdom of His requirements! And the justice of his wrath and his anger! Then he would turn to sinners and tell them of the enormity of their crimes and their open rebellion and their treason, and their anarchy. And the power of God would so descend upon the company, that [b][i]on one occasion it is reliably reported[/i][/b] that when the people dispersed there were 1800 people lying on the ground, utterly unconscious! Because they had a revelation of the holiness of God and in the light of that they’d seen the enormity of their sins and God had so penetrated their minds and hearts that they had fallen to the ground!

Just a little tip on how I found this, courtesy of my wife. I opened the text link and was overwhelmed trying to find the words "reliably reported," so I copied the entire sermon into microsoft word and used that to search for "reliably reported". Pretty cool. Use this method if you'd like to get more context.

Blessings to all,

Doug

edit: added bold/italics

2007/3/25 10:13Profile
vico

Re:

Another way to search for words is to push "ctrl" + "F" and if you use IE a little window will come up and you can use it to find the words you're looking for. If you use Firefox, use the same keys and a bar will come up on the bottom, type the words you want to find and it will bring you to the place you're looking for.

so one more time, "ctrl" + "F". that'll do it :)

least of all,
~vico

2007/3/25 13:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy