SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Talked to a Man Who Was in the 1970 Asbury Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Talked to a Man Who Was in the 1970 Asbury Revival

I just returned home from an annual missions conference at our church. The guest speaker was a man who was going to Asbury when the revival hit in 1970. I talked to him briefly afterward, and he was right on the mark. He said some of the students had been praying for revival continually for quite some time before the event happened.

His comments were very interesting. I told him I may like to interview him someday and document what he said in a book; which he said would be fine. He said that pastors were coming forward and confessing personal sins in their lives. The man I talked to personally went into full time service as a medical missionary to Africa after God dealt with him.

His entire sermon this evening seemed to be drenched in the annointing of God. He is supposed to speak Sunday, so I am looking forward to this.

It is very refreshing to have someone come to your church who has been part of a genuine revival.

More later.

2007/3/23 23:42Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Talked to a Man Who Was in the 1970 Asbury Revival

Quote:
His entire sermon this evening seemed to be drenched in the annointing of God. He is supposed to speak Sunday, so I am looking forward to this.

Brother,

If you can I would love to get recordings of these services. And have permission to post them on this website.

2007/3/24 3:19Profile
dohzman

Re: Talked to a Man Who Was in the 1970 Asbury Revival

As a babe in Christ I sat under a man for several years who was in Ashbury College during this time period. His ministry blessed me and has continued to bless me even though he has moved on. He had and still has a very sensitive nature in his listening to the voice of God on matters. Years after he had gone when my wife and I moved forward toward ministry he was the first person we consulted. If you need I can get you his contact information.

2007/3/24 4:31Profile
wallrepairer

Re: Asbury revival

Quote:
If you need I can get you his contact information

I know someone who is currently writing their third revival book and this one is on moves of God in colleges and on campuses.

The guy who writes them has a big heart for revival and interviews people in current or recent moves and researches and writes about historic moves too.

If you have some contacts for first hand witnesses I would like it if you could get in touch.

Thanks

2007/3/24 12:22Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I would like contact info from anyone that knows someone that was present when the Holy Ghost fell anywhere.

I will ask the man who will be speaking at our church if he minds me passing along his info.

2007/3/25 0:09Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

UPDATE: The man's name is David Stevens, he runs a ministry that equips doctors to do evangelism, and teaches them how to use their gifts for God, among other things. He was a medical missionary for 10 years. His website is:

http://www.cmdahome.org/

He said it would be fine if anyone wanted to ask him about the Asbury Revival. His email is:

[email protected]

He spoke this morning and it was tremendous. The best sermon I have ever heard in our church. He didn't get biblically deep, and didn't say anything I didn't already know something about, but there was just a looming sense of God while he spoke. He is just clearly so sold out to God that God seems to show up when he talks.

Greg, if I get a copy of his message I will get it to you. I think our church records every message spoken there.

2007/3/25 13:55Profile
dohzman

Re:

The pastor I refered to was Ken Keene, he heads the family camp for the Assemblies of God in Ohio by Columbus. Very godly man. I'm sure if your writter friend wanted to talk to him he would be open to it.

2007/3/26 5:03Profile
wallrepairer

Re: Asbury

Many thanks for the contacts. I will pass them on.

2007/3/26 9:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy