SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Remember To Stop and Smell the Flowers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

Remember To Stop and Smell the Flowers

To all us crackpots,

An elderly Chinese woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole, which she carried across her neck. One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water, at the end of the long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house." The old woman smiled, "Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?" "That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table. Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house."

Romans 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Is it possible that what we see as flaws could be the very thing the Lord uses to glorify His name?

Luke 18:27
And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Father, not my will but thy will be done.

pastorfrin

2007/3/23 22:22Profile
Immanuel

Re: Remember To Stop and Smell the Flowers

Nice one

2007/3/24 0:41Profile
Bethl26

Ohio

That woman could have discarded that pot and got a new one that didn't leak, yet she chose to keep it and use the flaw to her advantage. What a beautiful reminder that God will use us in spite of our flaws...He makes something beautiful out of it and He won't discard us because of our problems.

2007/3/24 9:13Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

You have brightened my day today. It is a gorgeous spring morning here in Alabama, but this little story has made my flowers more colorful.

2007/3/24 9:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy