SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The falling away

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The falling away

Is the 'falling away from the faith' that the bible talks about, people who turn from christianity, or the church?

I feel that it is a falling away from the simplicity of the gospel. What do you think?

2007/3/21 13:38
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: The falling away

If you read the passage in the greek, the "falling away" is a specific event that is said will take place in the end times.

Yes it is talking about a falling away from the faith. Jesus makes it clear that anyone who stops believing in Him will be cast into the fire.

I would have to disagree completely about it being a mere falling away from a simple gospel. There are far too many warnings in the scripture by Paul about that topic.

For it to be that, it would have to happen in a mass exodous. Which would not really constitute much of a falling away. Many parts of the body of Christ have walked outside of a simple gospel for hundreds of years. If that was the case, then it has already happened. But Paul warns of it as an event, not a slow trickle that must be carefully discerned.

No, I believe it will be a blatant, outright turn from Christ, either back to the world, or to another leader of some other false religion.

Hope I wasn't to blunt, I tried to be plain as much as I could.

2007/3/21 13:46Profile

Gods Church is the elect group of all born again believers who have been radically transformed by the Holy Spirit and walk in fellowship with God through the cleansing blood of Christ.

I think the falling away has to do with people who turn from the faith once delivered to all the saints. Ironically, many who have fallen away are in the harlot (false) church that calls herself North American Evangelical Christianity and are given over to total dellusion as they are told that they are "saved" when in fact they are fallen away in their hearts.

-Jim

2007/3/21 13:52

Re:

Quote:
Jesus makes it clear that anyone who stops believing in Him will be cast into the fire.

Really? Anyone who stops believing in him? If I fall from grace and turn back to the law would'nt that send me to hell? That's what happened to the Galations. they stopped believing and desired to be back under the law.

paul said "I stand in doubt of you" Not that Paul was doubting them, but he stood, and the galations were doubting what he was saying. They 'fell from grace'.

I wonder if all the galations are in hell?

2007/3/21 14:50

Re:

[editted]... just saw your last post which makes mine pointless... blessings in Him

2007/3/21 14:55

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
[editted]... just saw your last post which makes mine pointless... blessings in Him

Is this sarcasm?

2007/3/21 16:15
JennRich

Alabama

Once I heard J. Vernon McGee preach on this passage. He said the Greek term for "falling away" referred to a [i]going away[/i], as if large group of people had suddenly gone away somewhere. He applied it to the rapture of the church.

2007/3/21 16:24Profile

Re:

Quote:

JennRich wrote:
Once I heard J. Vernon McGee preach on this passage. He said the Greek term for "falling away" referred to a [i]going away[/i], as if large group of people had suddenly gone away somewhere. He applied it to the rapture of the church.

Sorry, can't read greek, don't trust anyones word unless i can read it for myself.

2007/3/21 21:53
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply to chiefosiners
To me falling away means exposing

The son of perdition is the man of flesh the first man. Perdition means he is flesh and sentenced to death for not keeping the Holy Law of his Creator. He sits on the throne inside each of us doing his own will deciding what is right and wrong pretending to be God until the coming of the kingdom of God and true Lord, Christ Jesus consumes him. The falling away is the exposing of that spirit of antichrist, the rebellious natural man that gets his power from the beast [flesh] we all served untill the spiritual man, the second man, that has eternal life by the grace of his Heavenly Father who begot him is quickened .

Eddie

2007/3/21 22:03Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Re: Falling away;

Jhn 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jhn 18:9 That the saying might be fulfilled, which he spake, Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.

Now just because He went to the cross, do you think He is now going to loose those that are chosen and given by the Father? Now we are being given to His Body the Church, and the "gates of Hell will not prevail against it". Even if you could fall away, do you think God is not Faithful to Christ and Christ is not faithful to the Father by saving and keeping those that can loose such precious salvation? I don't think so.

Hebrews 4-6 is not saying you can loose your salvation. It is saying even if you could it would be impossible to renew you again to repentance, which is impossible by the Christ that is born again in you. Ye must be born again or you cannot see the kingdom of Heaven. Do you thinK this new birth is just a statement in scripture that means nothing? NOT! This mystery given to Paul is the greatest revelation of Scripture, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".
Every time Paul mentions this mystery, he is speaking of the birthing of Christ in a person. Jesus and Paul spoke about this mystery, the birthing, 16 times. John uses born of God;

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.

1Jo 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Paul never says born again, he uses mystery instead. Christ in you, you in Christ, being born again, being born from above are all the mystery of the birthing to Paul, how can a person fall away from being birthed, it is not your choice. Mom and Dad and God the Father.

In Christ: Phillip

2007/3/22 5:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy