SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
gsmoluk2002

Palm Desert, CA

Re: "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

I must be totaly honest! I would have injoyed it, if I could hear what 90% were saying! George :-) "The Revival Hymn" Two thumbs down!

2004/8/1 2:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I must be totaly honest! I would have injoyed it, if I could hear what 90% were saying! George

Well to be honest George thats why the text transcript is there and I see you are posting in this thread so it seems you have found it. Most of the speakers are older and some do have accents not to also note that these are old audio recordings from the past. If you are rating it 2 thumbs down just because you cant hear things clearly then I am sure you wont appreciate many of these old voices from the past opening divine truth in such ways that is not heard or seen in our day dear brother.

2004/8/1 2:46Profile
freedbyjc

Jacksonville. Florida

Re: Another correction

I was just listening and heard another correction that cries out to be made.

On the last page of the last message ... where Paris Reidhead is telling of the ship casting off with the two Moravian saints/slaves ... And as the gap widened and the [u][b]hawsers[/b][/u] had been cast off and were being curled up there on the pier.

AWESOME! Thank you for your hard work in compiling the text files and Thank you presentation ideas ideas Waco [ I'd love a copy of the powerPoint presentation] ... I'm going to light the fire and see how high the mighty winds of the Lord fan the flames...

2005/2/28 10:11Profile
Revivalist__

Fresno, CA

Re: Awesome hymn!

[color=006600]Revival hymn is awesome! . . . the line up of great men of God, the climactic music that perfectly compliments the message, and the interweaving of powerful sermon excerpts . . . it’s truly one of the most stirring works I have ever heard!

My pastor was also greatly blessed by it and is going to play it at our weekly home group meeting before we get into prayer (prayer for revival I hope!). I was worried some people wouldn’t be able to understand all the words behind the songs, so I was going to transcribe the whole thing myself and pass out copies. I was so relieved to find that it’s been done. Thank you!

There’s just one section that I was wondering if someone could help me to understand. It’s the part in the middle of Paris Reidhead’s “Ten Shekels and a Shirt” where Leonard Ravenhill says “We are still paddling on the edge of the ocean of the possibilities of grace. Put a holy dissatisfaction in us tonight.” I don’t understand what this means or the connection with what Reidhead is saying. Anyone have insight?[/color]

2005/7/14 1:28Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Revival Hymn Transcript Correction

Quote:
On the last page of the last message ... where Paris Reidhead is telling of the ship casting off with the two Moravian saints/slaves ... And as the gap widened and the hawsers had been cast off and were being curled up there on the pier.

Much thanks brother, seemed to recall this briefly at the time it was written and then forgot all about it... made the correction with the edit:

[i](* 7/14/05 Edit: "houses" corrected to "hawsers": defined as 'A cable or rope used in mooring or towing a ship', 'large heavy rope for nautical use') Big thanks to freedbyjc for the eagle eye![/i]

Again, thank you!

2005/7/14 9:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Awesome hymn!

Quote:
There’s just one section that I was wondering if someone could help me to understand. It’s the part in the middle of Paris Reidhead’s “Ten Shekels and a Shirt” where Leonard Ravenhill says “We are still paddling on the edge of the ocean of the possibilities of grace. Put a holy dissatisfaction in us tonight.” I don’t understand what this means or the connection with what Reidhead is saying. Anyone have insight?

Would take it as part of the whole context. Though a large section is taken up with the grasping of just what ... perhaps we could say the emphasis is just what is [i]meant[/i] by Christianity up against that which is largely humanism cloaked in the language of Christianity as Mr. Reidhead is expounding upon... The thrust of the message is both what is wrong and what is needed, the remedy...

Revival!

So in that case maybe Len's words could be made to be understood as.... 'Do we really want it?'
Quote:
My pastor was also greatly blessed by it and is going to play it at our weekly home group meeting before we get into prayer (prayer for revival I hope!). I was worried some people wouldn’t be able to understand all the words behind the songs, so I was going to transcribe the whole thing myself and pass out copies. I was so relieved to find that it’s been done. Thank you!

Wonderful! I never tire, nor cease to be stirred by this compilation... Praise God!

P.S. Check your email

2005/7/14 9:47Profile
Revivalist__

Fresno, CA

Re:

[color=006600]Last night our small group (about 12 of us) listened to the revival hymn together. I brought print outs of the transcript for everyone to read along as well. By the end of it, I could tell everyone's heart was very stirred and convicted. I was extremely convicted (even though I heard it probably 10 times.) This time my heart was moved especially by Leonard Ravenhill's description of John Wesley. I realized how much of my Christian life has actually been ruled by selfishness with a Christian guise. I haven't laid my life on the altar like John did. . .

So by the end of the hymn, I just wanted to get on my knees and break out in prayer - a prayer of repentance and a prayer for revival. But my group leader suggested that we discuss it and he opened with a short prayer. Then people began to comment on what things moved them. But within 10 minutes, I felt like the whole environment had cooled off and people were just sharing intellectual observations. There were many sincere confessions but I could tell that there were no real breakthroughs. I realized that when God stirs hearts, the people need to be directed to prayer immediately so that they can have a vertical focus on God together and pursue the work of breaking up their hearts in prayer. Otherwise it's easy for a group to just start talking ABOUT God, rather than TO God, and to turn it into a group counseling session, rather than a group repentance and prayer for revival. . . I'm thinking that when my group leader started the discussion with a short prayer, I could have asked him if I could pray as well and then poured out my heart to God and be an example and encouragement to others to do the same. . .

What do you guys all think? Any suggestions on how to lead a meeting like this? Thanks.

Nathan[/color]

2005/7/15 12:01Profile
madmatg

asia

Re: "The Revival Hymn" Audio Transcription

hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew what sermon this is from? I know he said earlier everything after the song from ravenhill was from what is your life but I dont know where to find this one at.

Leonard Ravenhill
And there's no room for Him in the inn.
He got a bit older, there was no room in His family, His family turned on Him.
He went to the temple, no room in the temple, the temple turned on Him.
And when He died there was no room to bury Him, He died outside of the city.
Well why in God's Name do you expect to be accepted everywhere?
How is it that the world couldn't get on with the holiest Man that ever lived and can get on with you and me?

Are we compromised? Are we compromised?

Have we no spiritual stature?
Have we no righteousness that reflects on their corruption?

Thanks
Matt

2005/7/27 15:32Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: More than you realize

Dear Nathan,

Am wondering if you recognise how articulate and far reaching your words are here...

Quote:
So by the end of the hymn, I just wanted to get on my knees and break out in prayer - a prayer of repentance and a prayer for revival. But my group leader suggested that we discuss it and he opened with a short prayer. Then people began to comment on what things moved them. [b]But within 10 minutes, I felt like the whole environment had cooled off and people were just sharing intellectual observations.[/b] There were many sincere confessions but I could tell that there were no real breakthroughs. [u]I realized that when God stirs hearts[/u], the people need to be directed to prayer immediately so that they can have a vertical focus on God together and pursue the work of breaking up their hearts in prayer. [b]Otherwise it's easy for a group to just start talking ABOUT God, rather than TO God, and to turn it into a group counseling session, rather than a group repentance and prayer for revival. . .[/b] I'm thinking that when my group leader started the discussion with a short prayer, I could have asked him if I could pray as well and then poured out my heart to God and be an example and encouragement to others to do the same. . .

Brother, I think you are right. Being in that situation and under some leadership perhaps you could have made the suggestion or just asked the leader for a moment to express what was on your heart, actually that is just what you mentioned here;
Quote:
I'm thinking that when my group leader started the discussion with a short prayer, I could have asked him if I could pray as well and then poured out my heart to God and be an example and encouragement to others to do the same. . .

Thanks for sharing that brother, think your own suggestions are accurate.

2005/7/27 16:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Ravenhill and The Revival Hymn

Hi Matt,

Quote:
I know he said earlier everything after the song from ravenhill was from what is your life but I dont know where to find this one at.

Not sure, but perhaps you are looking for the message?

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=6705]What is your Life? (cd quality)[/url] [i]by Leonard Ravenhill[/i]

2005/7/27 16:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy