SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Provost

1 Corinthians 15:51-58

No idea what mystery Paul is talking about. I know it cannot be the resurrection of our bodies b/c he was just explaining that so it is no longer mysterious...lemme know and help a brother out.
Thanx

2007/3/20 17:49Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

A 'mystery' is really a secret. The secret that Paul is revealing is that no all will die, some will be changed without dying at the coming of the Lord. The secret is that all will be changed but some without dying.

2007/3/20 18:42Profile

Quote:

Provost wrote:
No idea what mystery Paul is talking about. I know it cannot be the resurrection of our bodies b/c he was just explaining that so it is no longer mysterious...lemme know and help a brother out.
Thanx

HiProvost

In Paul's day there were a number of pagan "mystery religions", like secret societies - maybe a similar sort of thing to Freemasonry - where members were initiated, step by step, into the "mysteries" or secrets of that particular cult. It was also present in Gnosticism, and gnostic type of heresies in the Church, (from the word "gnosis", to know)

Paul's use of it is the idea that the Gospel is a "revealed mystery", not something that only the favoured few, the initiates, know but which all born again people can now experience and understand. In OT times it was indeed hidden to all but a few, but not now!

I looked up the word "mystery" and here are quite a lot lot of references. For example, Ephesians 3:1 following and Col 1:25-27. Maybe it would be good to make a study on them to get the general picture?

in HIm

Jeannette

2007/3/20 19:48
staff

Re:

Hi,
I heard it said that the new testament is in the old testemant concealed and the old testament is in the new testament revealed,
I thought that was very clever,
rgds staff

2007/3/20 20:21Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re- Provost
A great question. I will try and begin the explanation.

All terrestrial bodies are mortal. Sentenced to death [ Man of Perdition ]due to breaking The Law. We were all malefactors before we received forgiveness for our sins. We that are born again spiritually have our new quickened spirits in this mortal body of flesh. [ Earthly vessel ]

Our new spirits are not subject to the Law but are subject to God’s grace. Does that mean that our flesh has freedom to sin? God forbid! The war we fight is against our flesh the natural terrestrial flesh body of man . We fight inside our selves against our old spirit of antichrist.

Our new spirits begotten by our Heavenly Father have eternal life. When our old flesh body dies, in an instant we receive our celestial bodies. To be absent from the old body is to be present with the Lord in a body of light like His.

Think of excepting God’s will to day tomorrow and forever and refrain the will of your flesh from making plans as it is no longer in charge. Eternal life requires giving up your will and excepting a new Lord and His will being done on earth as in Heaven.
Eddie

2007/3/21 7:46Profile
psalm1

Re:

could it be the rapture?

2007/3/22 10:53Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
could it be the rapture?

Yes, that is also the first resurrection of the dead in which Paul is writing about.

2007/3/22 18:42Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Mystery

This takes direct revelation from God, as revealed to Peter, and the final and finished revelation of the mystery to Paul. Matthew 16:16-18 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock (revelation of Christ in you) I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Colossians 1:25-28 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

The mystery is to fulfill the Word of God. The mystery was hidden from the beginning of time.
The mystery is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory.
God had it planned before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:

Those that are "In Christ", that is born again of incorruptable Seed have been baptized into Christ, seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. In Spirit saved, in soul/mind being saved and quickened in Body to be saved.
2Cr 1:10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];
Who delivered us? The Spirit of Christ rebirthed in you the "Hope of Glory". Who is delivering us in our mind, It is the Mind of Christ that the Holy Spirit teaches us about in all we say or do. Who will deliver us? God the Father when these mortal bodies that have been quickened by the Incorruptable Seed of Christ are planted in the ground as Christ was and bring forth the Glory of the Lord and these bodies raised incorruptable unto the Father. Or changed in the twinkling of an eye at the rapture.

1 Peter 1:18-23 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Born Again by the Word of God. Who is the Word.
John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Again; "Christ in you the Hope of Glory", this is the mystery.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

1Cr 15:36 [Thou] fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

Eph 2:1 And you [hath he quickened], who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Col 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

In Christ: Phillip

2007/3/22 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy