SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

hi King Jimmy,I dont think scripture narrows it down like that.If youkeep reading that same chapter you will see "the time of the gentiles" concept.The idea being "fruition".Its almost like the concept is that provoking the jews is Gods only plan for the jews salvation.If this were acurate doctrine it would be confirmed in scripture.Gods plan for the jews includes but is not limited to provoking the jews.The church in its glory will provoke the jew because of love.Now in defense of Art we just might see some jews saved in the great tribulation when christians are martyred. The jews may see this and be moved on by the Holy Spirit.In my opinion the provoking of the jews has nothing to do with the rapture.....Blessings,David

2007/3/20 23:40Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The time of the Gentiles concept is crucial to understanding this perspective. The Scriptures say a "partial hardening" has happened until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled. It is when the time of the Gentiles has come that Israel will be provoked unto jealousy.

This isn't simply a numerical thing. It's also a qualitative thing, as God not will only bring in the full number of the Gentiles, but as passages like Ephesians 4:11-15 teaches us, the church will be brought unto a mature man. And it is this mature man that is able to live the witness Israel needs to see that will provoke them unto jealousy. , that all Israel might be saved.

2007/3/21 6:46Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Stampe wrote:

I will also want to add, that it really does matter where you stand in terms of preparedness for what is to come. Are you prepared to suffer hard persecution and shame for the name of Jesus or are you just prepared to be whisked away up into the sky before anything bad happens?

God bless

Stampe

Out of only love, not condemnation, I would just like to say that I think you are looking at my statemnt (and others that agree with me) a little legalistically. The point I am making, is that WE DO NOT KNOW THE TIME OR THE HOUR, therefore, IT IS CRUCIAL TO BE READY FOR ANYTHING. BEING READY FOR ANYTHING, now that is what matters. It's interesting that both parties still argue both camps... so how do we solve the argument, ultimately? We wait and see what happens, and in that waiting, we are ready for WHATEVER happens. What this means, if you don't still understand is, that if you are a pre-tibber, you prepare yourself spiritually if the trib does happen, if it doesn't happen then you know that you were prepared for the worst, and get to enjoy the ease of going to heaven when he comes. Make sense? Or are you saying that Scripture doesn't say that we should be ready for anything and that we don't know the day or the hour?????

:-)

2007/3/21 11:24Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I am sure that our Christian brothers in China and the Middle East would say they believe in a post-tribulation rapture.

2007/3/21 11:50Profile

Re:

Quote:
I am sure that our Christian brothers in China and the Middle East would say they believe in a post-tribulation rapture.

Amen!

2007/3/21 13:51
vico

Re:

Quote:

hmmm... try telling them differently...

2007/3/21 14:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
hmmm... try telling them differently...

In one of his sermons, Paris Reidhead laments over a pre-tribber's missionary in the forties (I think) that went through China teaching everyone how Jesus would rescue them out of the world before tribulation came. When the commies took over, these new converts stood their ground rather than running, thinking that Jesus would take them up into heaven... The story's about one poor chap who lost his child and wife because they had false hope of floating into the clouds...

Too bad the missionary didn't tell him about Jesus' warning to "remember Lot's wife". He'll have some 'splainin' to do when he gets to the Pearly Gates.

2007/3/21 15:09
vico

Re:

Quote:
When the commies took over, these new converts stood their ground rather than running, thinking that Jesus would take them up into heaven... The story's about one poor chap who lost his child and wife because they had false hope of floating into the clouds...

Thats another thought i've had. although i don't take one side or the other, i think the "post-tribbers" have it ok, if you know what i mean.

If you believe that we will be taken by the Lord following a tribulation, if you're wrong, well, who cares! one day you'll just be caught up to be with that Lord! Theres rejoicing either way, right or wrong.

Now on the other hand, if the "pre-tribbers" are wrong, their in for some big disappointment and serious test of faith, it will be as though God let them down.

Now, like i said, i don't take one side or the other (because i think that asking if Jesus will come back before of after "the" tribulation is irrelevant) but these are just a few thoughts i thought i'd share. :-)

You better be ready when He comes! ;-)

May God bless us as we watch and wait for His glorious appearing! Purifying ourselves in the hope of His return.

Titus 2:12-15 "Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee."

2007/3/21 15:38Profile
psalm1

Re: china persecution stops rapture

hi everyone,looks like to me [if I am hearing right] we need to edit our bibles to accomodate chistians in comunist countries.My testimony can never change or contradict scripture. But what I am seeing is scripture being[supposedly] authenticated by someones experince.Most new testament truth is revelatory.We dont understand with our natural mind.Ex;"the word of God is foolishness to them that dont believe".I would be a post tribber in a heartbeat if it were not for so many scriptures to the contrary.Im my mind I MUST reconcile these other scriptures.you talk about floating on a cloud as if it were rediculous, was it also rediculous for Enoch Elija and Jesus? If I am going to sift through human suffering and use this as a backdrop to interpret the word,then surely we could never read the feeding of the 5000 in any country where people were starving because their starvation nullifies Gods word.....trying to be sweet,David

2007/3/21 15:55Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Again,
JESUS CANT COME BACK TODAY!,according to post tribbers because the great tribulation has to happen first.How do you reconcile that in your mind.
The only way to reconcile the very different scriptures is that their is one messiah and two comings.To me the scripture is more clear on this than salvation.

How do you reconcile the coming in luke 17.26 which clearly happens in a time of worldly peace with a coming just after the tribulation? as described in:

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

How do you reconcile the immenant return of Christ with having to wait for a tribulation to happen?

Nobody who has been taught correctly about the pretrib view is waiting for an easy time of it in fact I would argue it should make christians work the harder.
If poeple in China or elswhere have been taught in correctly it still doesnt make the word incorrect.
Rgds Staff

2007/3/21 19:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy