SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Pre-Trib vs. Post-Trib: Pls Include Scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
savedgeezer

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,
Does it really matter as long as we are going?

2007/3/31 10:09Profile
JaySaved

Missouri

Re:

I agree that it is not wise to spend too much time thinking about this so that we are neglecting some more pressing issues--naming the lost around us. But, it is always very profitable to spend time praying, thinking, and discussing these topics.

2007/3/31 10:54Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Two observations:

1) When we proof text (as you have done) we tend to ignore other parts of scripture which help the text your "proof texting" make sense... and sometimes the parts you're ignoring tend to offer a different interpretation than the one you're trying to put forth.

2) You say "please include scripture", which is great. Scripture is the final authority on all things. Yet, especially in this case, there are so many different thoughts about this subject that what you're going to end up with is a bunch of folks interpretting the same scriptures 3 different ways.

I'm not sure if you're trying to propogate your own thoughts about this subject (which is fine, thats part of why we're here), or if you seeking an answer to something you dont understand. But there never seems to be a definative answer to this issue that satisfies everyone.

I am pre-trib. But I am not dogmatic about it because I have heard some convincing arguments from the other side... but not enough to bring me over.

But ultimately... it makes not one bit of difference what I think about it, or you think about it. God is the One in control, and it's His plan. Our jobs as soldiers in His army is not to worry about the big picture, but rather to be obedient to His command... Go! And make disciples.

So... debate away. Personally I think that although this is an interesting topic, debating it for any length of time is pointless and a waste of time. It's not a sin, moral or salvation issue.

But I'll not judge anyone who does wish to debate it. :-)

Krispy

Right on! Exactly!

2007/3/31 12:32Profile
psalm1

Re:

Ben brockway, I agree whole heartedly. I am new to this forum and just like the challenge it offers. Its nice to be able to "kick " things around.I suppose we could never have everyone agree.
I havent gone into the arcives but im sure this topic is overworked.krispy said it well.I was hoping to "reveal" what I personally consider important aspects that I havent heard mentiond.Namely the white horses,the10 virgins,the marriage supper And the bride and bride groom.Im sure i can do this at a later date. Thanks , David

2007/3/31 13:18Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
Does it really matter as long as we are going?

It only matters if you believe a Christian should study the Bible. If we don't study the Bible how do we know we are going? And how would we know "where?"

2007/4/2 14:11Profile
wynner01

Re:

I didn't know how to reply so I inadvertently started two new threads please see
1. Church Age and
2. End of 69th Week
Threads which are supposed to be attached to this thread. Thanks and God Bless.

Wynner01

2007/4/2 15:46Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Sorry staff, I didn't have much time to respond. I.e computer problems.

Sorry if my post was 'too harsh' I've been working on this, currently with my walk in Christ. I just didn't understand your post. I'm sorry for speaking the truth without love.

So, staff, it seems that you believe that there are multiple 'raptures'. (Nothing wrong with it, I don't even understand my position.)

Quote:
If you did not want to call the First resurrection a category,you could call it a series of resurrections that occured at different times'

If more clarifying is needed please do so.

Someone asked 'why is pre. vs. post important?'

This is why I think this study is important.

Rev. 22:10-15 (NASB)

10 And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.

11 "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

12 "Behold, I am coming quickly, and [b]My reward is with Me,[/b] [u]to render to every man according to what he has done.[/u]

13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

14 [b]Blessed are those who wash their robes,[/b] so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

15 [u]Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. [/u]

The end times study should bring us to repentance.

But today this study is confused and when something isn't fully understood, it's difficult to convey.

If we say, "Hey, Christians get to leave the wrath." It might cause people to repent. Or, "Hey, Christians must perserve through the wrath." Tells us to be prepared to endure.

One gives escape, the other gives endurance.

I think it's important to know because we get a glimpse of the future and what we will face or leave.

My position is still up for grabs. :-P

2007/4/2 17:13Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Lovegrace,
No prob sorry about my response also,
love in Jesus,
staff

2007/4/2 17:40Profile

Re:

by JaySaved on 2007/3/21 5:50:24

"I am sure that our Christian brothers in China and the Middle East would say they believe in a post-tribulation rapture."

Please explain this. Is it because all the suffering they have already seen?

2011/9/24 18:14

Re:

Short answer, yes. The persecuted church does not hold to a pretrib rapture. They see suffering as a requirement for following Jesus.

Blaine

2011/9/24 18:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy