Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Millennium views

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JaySaved

Kentucky

Millennium views

The Millennium spoken of in Revelation 20. Is it to be taken literally or symbolically? I am back and forth on this issue.

What do the rest of you believe?

2007/3/19 15:43Profile
ANewInHim

Re: Millennium views

Is there a time frame when, the presentation is due?

Are there any credits that may or may not be applied towards the furthering of your Education? And or would this presentation require a draft accompanied by notes?

-------------------------------------------

JaySaved

Could you explain this to me?

The Characteristics of “Our Glorified” Bodies Every born-again believer will receive an immortal, glorified body. This includes both those who are rapture or resurrected as well as those who live during the Millennium in their human body. The redemption of the body is part of God’s complete plan of Salvation (Romans 8:23). At death, we are absent from the body but consciously present with the lord (2 Corn 5:8). This presumes an intermediate state of some kind between the death of our physical bodies and their ultimate resurrection.

Here are 15 characteristics of our Gloried Bodies:

1. Physical and Material (1 John 1:1-2)
2. Transformed (Philippians 3:21)
3. Recognizable (Luke 16:19-31)
4. Imperishable (1 Corinthians 15:42)
5. Immortal (1 Corinthians 15:53-57)
6. Supernatural Abilities (Luke 24:31,36)
7. Sinless (Revelation 21:27)
8. Glorified (Philippians 3:21)
9. Unfailing (1 Corinthians 15:42-43)
10. Spiritual (1 Corinthians 15:44)
11. Heavenly (1 Corinthians 15:49-57)
12. Radiant (Daniel 12:3)
13. Unmarried (Matt 22:30)
14. Fully matured (1 John 3:2)
15. No Negative Effects (Isaiah 65:17)

*COULD, you please explain;

Unmarried

2007/3/19 16:59Profile
jordanamo

For the first two centuries all of the Church fathers believed in the literal millenial return of Christ. It was orthodox plain and simple and to believe otherwise was akin to denying Jesus' resurrection.. you'd be a heretic. 3rd century, a few stopped believing, then 4th century with Augustine etc. made it almost a heresy to believe that it was literal.

So, it's orthodox, plain and simple. First Church Fathers believed in it. It's in Scripture.

http://www.biblicist.org/bible/premil.shtml

Jordan

2007/3/19 17:21Profile

Jaysaved, you know better then to ask such a question, your quite knowledgable in almost everything. (and thats a compliment I might add)

I am on the fence regarding the issue, I have difficulty believing it because of the carnal mindedness of it's teaching regarding it being on earth.

I can't get away from what Jesus said, and I have to stick with this foundation in order for me to grasp what is being shoveled to me.

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God [b]cometh not with observation:[/b]

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Hey, it's over here! or, Hey, it's over there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is [b]within you.[/b]

Hey look it's coming out of the sky!

If the Kingdom of God is outside of us, and it's something that we can observe, and that we will see a literal city come out of a literal sky, than Jesus was smelling glue or something.

But thank God I don't have to take man's opinion on this issue. But I don't mind being called a heretic. Jesus was called a heretic and he suffered without the camp, lets follow Him out there.

2007/3/19 18:01
staff

Re:

Hi,

Just to say that I believe in a literal 1000yr Reign of Christ but it wont be as easy as most people think because the bible says he will rule with a rod of iron.If he has to rule forcefully then their must be some opposition to his rule.
It is my understanding that the millenium is not the kingdom of God so it can come with observation.
Sitting on the fence is not heretical as you are not sure what is the correct view.

[u][size=small]
Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Hey, it's over here! or, Hey, it's over there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
[/size][/u]
I think Jesus has to rule on earth so he can show us that it is possible.
Rgds Staff

2007/3/19 18:50Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

by Compliments on 2007/3/19 17:01:03

Quote:

Jaysaved, you know better then to ask such a question, your quite knowledgable in almost everything. (and thats a compliment I might add)

A compliment from Compliments!! :-D

I am back and forth on the issue of a literal millennium. Part of me sees the Premillennium perspective and part of me see the Amillennium perspective.

The whole reason I do lean towards the Amillennial position more is because 'thousand' is used in a general sense many times in scripture:
Psalm 50:10, "For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills."

Psalm 90:4, "For a thousand years in your sightare but as yesterday when it is past,or as a watch in the night."

Psalm 105:7-8, "He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. He remembers his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations,"

So this is why I asked the question, maybe some of my fellow SIers can speak a word that will be used by God to bring fresh insight.

2007/3/19 21:54Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

I think Peter would be Amillennial. He says in 2 Peter 3 concerning the Day of the Lord.

"3knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. 4They will say, "Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation." 5For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, 6and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. 7But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 10But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.

11Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, 12waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn! 13But according to his promise we are waiting for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Peter says that Jesus will return and when He returns the present heaven and earth will be destroyed. Compare this to Revelation 20:
7And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 9And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven[b] and consumed them, 10and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

11Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. 13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. 14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

2007/3/29 15:34Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I used to lean towards or at least have smypathies towards the amillenial stance, however, in the last year or so become more and more convinced the more I study the prophetic expectations of the Scriptures, that there will be a literal millenium period. There is scarcely an Old Testament prophet that doesn't speak of a coming time where Jerusalem will be exalted above all the other nations. Attempts at spiritualizing or allegorizing such passages as Isaiah 2 and many others simply don't hold up.

2007/3/29 16:00Profile
JaySaved

Kentucky

Re:

KingJimmy, I guess it all comes down to how you view the following question:

"Is the church God's "backup plan" since the Jews rejected Jesus or is the church God's original plan from the beginning?"

I personally see the church as God's original plan and He worked through the Jewish nation to see that plan come to fruition.

This is how I see the Old Testament prophets speaking of the church age instead of a revived Jewish nation. I see Jesus already on David's throne...not waiting to rule in a literal Jerusalem.

2007/3/29 16:44Profile
ANewInHim

Re:

Thanks JaySaved,

For answering my question.

Quote:
"Is the church God's "backup plan" since the Jews rejected Jesus or is the church God's original plan from the beginning?"

Quote:
I personally see the church as God's original plan and He worked through the Jewish nation to see that plan come to fruition.

If this is true and it is, then the fruitation will remain and bear more fruit.

Pardon my zeal great minds think alike. The Church is was and will always be the 'ORIGINAL PLAN', that has not changed nor will it ever change.

2007/3/29 17:55Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy