SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One Person Communion Kits?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
This is uncalled for Krispy. You answered my post but like always you have to add to it. what i don't need is your commentary or sarcasm.

Because this is a forum of written words a lot times our words come across in a way that they were not intended. It was not my intention to hurt your feelings. I answered your question directly... but my follow up was merely an observation of what I see happening in the lives of a lot of Christians, and was not meant to be directed at you. It was for everyone.

Quote:
Just leave it alone and let this thread die. Your remarks to me were very painful. I'm done with it!

Again, I apologize for not choosing my words more wisely. They certainly did not represent my heart for you. From your statement "but like always", I gather that you do not have a favorable impression of me to begin with. I'm not sure how that has happened, but I would hope that you will be able to see past my human failures and take the time to get to know my heart a little better.

I dont think this thread should die because this does open up some interesting thoughts for discussion.

I hope you're not "done with it" because I think the only person you will ultimately hurt is yourself. I desire for us to grow together in Christ, and not let misunderstandings come between us.

When I wrote what I wrote I was attempting to be light hearted and helpful... not sarcastic. As I try and learn from this, and be more wise with my words, I hope that you can have patience with me and try and understand me before you allow the enemy to come between us with hurt feelings.

By the way, my comment about you looking to inside was never intended to be seen as condemnation toward you. I have to do the same thing everyday. But I can see how you could be offended by that. I just wish you could see my heart for you, brother.

Krispy

2007/3/20 10:53

Re:

Would you please forgive me, brother?

Krispy

2007/3/20 11:05
John173

Omaha

Re:

I've been following this thread for some time with interest but haven't had anything to add until now.

Krispy, I wanted to thank you for your last two posts. I am always grateful when a brother responds to a 'reproof' with humility verses defensiveness. I read your comment in question and can at least understand how Julian took it.

Julian, please take Krispy's last posts to heart. We must constantly be forgiving those who have offended us, even when no offense was intended. From my perspective, I think many of us are simply saying that taking communion by yourself is a means to draw close to Him. As men we are prone to turning something like communion into a lifeless religous observation and miss the boat altogether. It is all too easy for us to read into your desire for a communion set the notion that this is the case with you. We have no right to judge you in this. Never the less, it remains a possibility that this is the case. Please don't be offended by such a suggestion. You alone are able to examine your heart in this regard. If you know it doesn't apply, well, praise the Lord! If it applies even a little, take it to heart and grow!

In all sincerity, God bless you for your desire to practice personal communion. How can taking the time to remember His sacrifice as we meditate on His body and blood be wrong?

Affectionately in Christ,

Doug

2007/3/20 11:17Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
This forum is largely for people to argue

No, it's not.

~_~;;

2007/3/20 11:47Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

iansmith wrote:
Quote:

PaulWest wrote:
Quote:
This forum is largely for people to argue

No, it's not.

~_~;;

I fail to see your point here. There is no need for such irony, and another thing...

:-P

2007/3/20 12:42Profile

Re:

I just want everyone to know that Julian and I have spoken privately, and there is much peace and love between us.

Julian is a very gracious brother, and we all need to be in prayer for him as he is going through some trying times right now.

Krispy

2007/3/20 13:57
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Beautiful

[i]Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity![/i]

2007/3/20 15:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy