SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : how far would you go

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
one

usa

how far would you go

in the book of luke is a story of four friends who carry who carry a fifth friend who is paralized to see Jesus. there is no specific distance mentioned that they came from. recently the Spirit seemed to ask me "how far are you willing to go for one soul?" what if your hands begain to blister and bleed? what if your shoulder felt like it was going out of joint? what if he seemed to get heavier and heavier the further you walked? we pray for our cities to be saved but can we walk in unity enough to bear the the spiritialy crippled to Jesus?
frank bartleman wrote in his book azusa street, "we were gripped with real travail of soul by the Spirit that no more could be shaken off than could the birth pangs of a woman in travail, without doing absolute violence to the Spirit of God. it was real intercession by the Holy Spirit." the word "real" is the key. do we really want the real thing? sleepless nights, morning sickness, stretch marks, and thats just the begaining! but when that soul is born it is born for real!
The Spirit of God seems to be asking "who is willing to carry my babies for me?" are we his bride? are we his body? do we really want to know him? in the fellowship of his suffering? how far are we willing to go for one soul?

oh, that the Lamb would receive the reward for his sacrafice!
peace and grace to you
one

2004/3/18 0:09Profile
truth_seeker

Re: how far would you go

thank you very much for that post. it confirmed other things God's been speaking to me about. keep going after Him.

Stirring,
Michelle

2004/3/18 13:25Profile
one

usa

Re:

michelle,
thanks for your reply.to God be the glory. keep the oil in your lamp and the fire in your heart!

"then those that feared the Lord spake often to one another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of rememberance was written before him for them that feared the Lord and that thought upon his name." mal 3:16

His,
one

2004/3/23 23:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy