SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My favorite quote for fellow pastors

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RMEChaplain

My favorite quote for fellow pastors

My favorite quote for pastors. (like myself)

…a man of God confronted me with this fact. Our oldest daughter, Chrissy, was at the height of her teenage rebellion…My wife, Carol, was still struggling to recover from major surgery. I was at my lowest point. The man stood near the refrigerator and casually said, “You don’t think this is really about Chrissy, do you?” What do you mean? I shot back. “Of course it is. That’s who we’ve been interceding for with all our hearts.” “No, it’s not just about your daughter,” he said. “Do you think the devil just wants her? He wants YOU. He wants your marriage. And more than that, he wants to strike a blow against that church you pastor! …If he can tear you down and make you act crazy, causing you to “lose it” and disgrace yourself, the people you pastor will be devastated and vulnerable. That’s what he really wants.”

This simple quote has reminded me of the importance of staying on the "straight and narrow."

Blessings,
“Fresh Power” Jim Cymbala

2007/3/16 10:32Profile
mom23beagles

Appleton, Wisconsin, USA

Re: My favorite quote for fellow pastors

A million-watt lightbulb just went on in my spirit. I believe this can apply to all who are earnestly seeking God and following His path. The enemy has come to seek, kill and destroy - that's a fact. I have some praying to do. Blessings to all.

Mia and Bailey, Dugan, Buddy and Agnes the beagles.

2007/3/16 13:11Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy